One Genuine Question

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

AGKman
Subs bench
Subs bench

One Genuine Question

Post by AGKman » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:02 pm

The majority of people seem happy enough with the appointment of GW while the rest are not so much unhappy but are reserving judgement.

If you take the 21 points that he has apparently amassed over 12 games (I have read this but is it accurate?) then, over the season, it would be comfortably enough to finish in the play-offs by this season's totals.

Factor in that GW has had no Joe Lolley to with in that time and inherited Thorn's shambles in terms of player confidence, it's fair to say he's done okay

So the crux is this - if the form over the last 12 IS an indication of what he can do, and next season we end up finishing in the top five, but do so with what a number on here call boring football and poor tactics etc, are we fully satisfied?

Would we sooner finish top five come what may or would we prefer to risk losing out in favour of playing with a little more swagger? There's a lot to be said for being entertained.

Thoughts?
Born Green & White; will die Red & White

Aobt
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: One Genuine Question

Post by Aobt » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:03 pm

I would take play off football in anyway that happens. But I just fear GW is a number two not a number one.
It is not whether you win or lose. But how you apportion blame.

sprials
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by sprials » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:23 pm

give the bloke a chance, judge him by his team he puts together ( remember the budget wont be as big) by the results half way through the season.
everyone has to start somewhere...
good luck to him
youth team....THE WAY FORWARD

grassroots is where it all starts, support it before it's too late

pricey5
1st team
1st team

Post by pricey5 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:11 pm

We were spoilt under Burr, all that matters next season is getting back in the top 5 and hopefully out of this league.