non League Day

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

sprials
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

non League Day

Post by sprials » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:14 pm

as you might have seen we have a Non League Day on September 6th playing Gateshead that day!!!

face painting , give aways to kids,( limited amount) kids on pitch shoot out, hopefully Development centre introduce their teams for this season!

and LOW LOW PRICES!!

ADULT AND UNDER 5 = £10
adult and under 16 =£11
grumpy old gits = £6.00
grumpy old gits and grandchild = £7.00

go on moan about those prices :rolllaugh: :rolllaugh:

spread the word......... :red_army: :red_army: :red_army: :red_army: :red_army: :red_army: :red_army: :red_army: :red_army:
youth team....THE WAY FORWARD

grassroots is where it all starts, support it before it's too late

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: non League Day

Post by garthrockett » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:28 pm

I saw theres a poster on the notice board at Morrisons! :smile:
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:32 pm

Great initiative by the club - hopefully we will get a big gate and they will all be cheering for Harriers, 'cause based on last season numbers The 'Heed won't be bringing too many,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well it is a long way to come.

I have already got another four lined up - they like the prices :lol:

:red_army:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Maton
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Maton » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:23 pm

Hopefully we will all get behind this initiative.

Full details and a link to print out the flyer - http://www.khist.org.uk/?p=5969

We have already started distributing leaflets as some have noticed. We have another 4000 coming that will be also be given out at the upcoming Chester & England games at Aggborough. We will also be targeting our big four neighbours and local sport events. Look out for the big banners that will be positioned around the town.

A lot of people reading this forum are of course regulars at Aggborough and converts so what can you do?
If every regular brought someone with them who doesn't normally attend it would make a real difference. We all work with supporters of WBA/Villa/Blues/Wolves and the other Premiership sides so can we persuade some of them? Prices have been reduced to try and attract floaters and at kids at just £1 (with a paying adult) hopefully we can encourage a few to become regulars.

If anyone works at a large company and can help distribute flyers or help publicise at an event then please get in touch.
You can follow on twitter (@NLDatKHFC) or join the facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/events/686043784818304/

Harry Aire
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Aire » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:32 am

Excellent effort. Good news.

I think it's something we might consider more often, particularly for Tuesday night games against poorly supported visitors. Of course some season ticket holders might object but I don't think they should if they have an eye on the bigger picture. I have been disappointed by the size of the gates at the first two home games. We need to build a stronger fan base and the only way to do that is to get people to take that first step through the turnstiles. If we could average just over 2000 a game that would put us in a much stronger position and anything done to broaden the club's appeal is in all our interests.

The White Snowman
1st team
1st team

Post by The White Snowman » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:08 am

Stourport Swifts kick off at 430pm the same day in the FA Vase - Chance to do a couple of matches in a day (second half of Swifts at least)

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:28 pm

"Stourport Swifts kick off at 4.30pm the same day in the FA Vase .."

Why's that? Is it being televised? :rolllaugh: Only kidding! Seriously, Chris Reynolds and co. put in a huge amount of time and effort into Swifts. Good luck to them. :grin:
:mexican: Come on you Swifts.

Bigfoot
1st team
1st team

Post by Bigfoot » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:20 pm

I'm a season ticket holder and I don't mind the cut price.

BigBernieWright
Youth team
Youth team

Post by BigBernieWright » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:19 pm

sprials wrote:as you might have seen we have a Non League Day on September 6th playing Gateshead that day!!!

face painting , give aways to kids,( limited amount) kids on pitch shoot out, hopefully Development centre introduce their teams for this season!

and LOW LOW PRICES!!

ADULT AND UNDER 5 = £10
adult and under 16 =£11
grumpy old gits = £6.00
grumpy old gits and grandchild = £7.00

go on moan about those prices :rolllaugh: :rolllaugh:

spread the word......... :red_army: :red_army: :red_army: :red_army: :red_army: :red_army: :red_army: :red_army: :red_army:

I wish they would have under 16 for £1 with a full paying adult throughout the season.It would make a big difference I'm sure.

sprials
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by sprials » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:29 pm

but we would lose a couple of players .......
less £'s = less money for wages....
youth team....THE WAY FORWARD

grassroots is where it all starts, support it before it's too late

spitalfields
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by spitalfields » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:39 pm

sprials wrote:but we would lose a couple of players .......
Has this ever been properly evaluated? Cheap kids tickets could increase takings by encouraging parents to attend when they wouldn't otherwise. The actual effect depends of course on how many additional attendees there are. From my work I know a lot of business decisions are based on gut feelings and the personal prejudices of decision makers rather than a proper study of the evidence. Would be interesting to know whether the effect of cutting prices for kids has been analysed.

As for the next game, do season ticket holders count as full paying adults or do their kids still have to pay £6?

Maton
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Maton » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:10 pm

spitalfields wrote:
sprials wrote:but we would lose a couple of players .......
As for the next game, do season ticket holders count as full paying adults or do their kids still have to pay £6?
I will get clarification from the club but in my opinion they do.

Maton
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Maton » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:42 pm

So next Saturday is non league day at Aggborough.

A group of us presented this idea to the KHFC board and it was agreed. The group have put plenty of work into this and i'm sure you've all seen the banners and posters around. Hopefully this day is a success and we can look at other initiatives later in the season.

A reminder admission is just £10 for Adults to the terrace. Up to two Kids (u'16) will be admitted for a £1 each with a paying adult (this includes season ticket holders). Full admission details - http://www.khist.org.uk/?p=5969

There is plenty else going on such as half time, entertainment, free kids books and much more.

So I appeal to KHFC regulars to embrace this day and encourage your work colleagues/friends/family etc. Keep an eye out in the local media for our very own Karl Davies.

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:21 pm

Will do Maton, thank you for your huge efforts! Trying to "persuade" my wife to attend, and some Baggies fans (who sometimes come to Tuesday games), to also attend.

COYR

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:40 am

Posted this on another thread - just think its a good opportunity. Maybe KHIST could take note.

"Maybe there should be a fresh drive to grow the lottery. The Gateshead game is a good opportunity to get more onboard.

The local press might help too. The USP should be the odds of winning the jackpot and should be shown alongside the odds of winning the national lottery or euro millions. Might make a few people think about joining.

Every little helps."