Hereford United - Stranger and strangerer

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Hereford United - Stranger and strangerer

Post by redandwhitemike » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:49 pm

garthrockett wrote:
I doubt it, unless the judge/registrar grows a pair and tells Lonsdale he's a fat pratt and go forth and multiply.
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2014/12/18/the-european-court-of-justices-ruling-on-obesity-will-cause-chaos/

That picture is revolting, I'm assuming it's been ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,airbrushed -- :rolllaugh: :rolllaugh: :rolllaugh:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Lovejoy
1st team
1st team

Post by Lovejoy » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:45 pm

Tweets from bullsnews at the courts say that Hereford United have been wound up by the judge.

Sad day for HUFC but at least the fans can now move on.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:46 pm

Hereford Utd 1936 no longer exist. Lonsdale couldn't even be bothered to turn up.

The ground will now be sold by the receiver to pay off the creditors.

A sad day but inevitable

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Post by harriershane » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:51 pm

A blank canvas for the new club to hopefully rise again. More power to them. As for the crooks who caused this stuff, they need to be nowhere near any business/football again.
He who dares...wins

Lovejoy
1st team
1st team

Post by Lovejoy » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:55 pm

It may not be all over quite yet.
As Lonsdale was (supposedly) stuck in traffic I would wager that his brief will try to appeal the decision.

We shall just have to wait and see.

Lovejoy
1st team
1st team

Post by Lovejoy » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:04 pm

STATEMENT FROM COUNCIL:

As Hereford United Football Club (1939) Limited is in the process of being wound up and a liquidator will be appointed, this action triggers the council’s right as landlord to forfeit the leases. The council will now pursue this and seek to gain formal repossession of all three sites leased to the club.

Once the ground has been secured, the council will consider the appropriate process for procuring a new tenant to ensure the continuation of football.

There are reports of the ground being ransacked before the liquidator arrives, just reports at the moment.

Police are at the ground.

sprials
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by sprials » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:26 pm

Lovejoy wrote:STATEMENT FROM COUNCIL:

As Hereford United Football Club (1939) Limited is in the process of being wound up and a liquidator will be appointed, this action triggers the council’s right as landlord to forfeit the leases. The council will now pursue this and seek to gain formal repossession of all three sites leased to the club.

Once the ground has been secured, the council will consider the appropriate process for procuring a new tenant to ensure the continuation of football.

There are reports of the ground being ransacked before the liquidator arrives, just reports at the moment.

Police are at the ground.

ant on removing goods that are not personal affects can be arrested for thief, as all asserts are now owned by the courts/appointed liquidator
youth team....THE WAY FORWARD

grassroots is where it all starts, support it before it's too late

TJU'S
1st team
1st team

Post by TJU'S » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:48 pm

Sad day today, hope they caobs n reform. Feel for the fans and the players and everyone who has lost their jobs

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:28 pm

Phil wrote:Hereford Utd 1936 no longer exist. Lonsdale couldn't even be bothered to turn up.

The ground will now be sold by the receiver to pay off the creditors.

A sad day but inevitable
I don't think so - HUFC only lease the ground !!

Fixtures and fittings can be sold, that will probably mean that some of the infrastructure will be ripped out and sold for scrap.

Will what's left be viable as a footy club.
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:50 pm

Must admit watching from a distance, I did think that Lonsdale would have pulled another rabbit out of his hat to stay the winding up of his(?) club,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Tommy must be spitting feathers as he's a footballing bloke - know what I mean 'arry.

Bearing in mind the hearing was set for 4.30 PM - I would have thought that Lonsdale would have arrived at the court well before the start time ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,obviously the judge thought like wise, and 'stuck in traffic' wasn't going to wash.

It's been a long road for the fans to arrive at the end of the line for such a proud club with a great history, but it did look inevitable with the debt mountain hanging over, I don't think anyone really thought Lonsdale/Agombar were ever going to pay all the creditors and that's how it's panned out.

Chester have proved Phoenix clubs can be successful, so hopefully AFC Hereford will one day be back in the big time.

I wish all their fans the best of luck for the future and just hope that is the last everyone has heard of Lonsdale & Agombar.

leobull

Post by leobull » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:02 pm

Christmas has come early - we will be back!

Thanks once again for your support & allowing our protest. Your fans were magnificent & I can't wait for us to play each other again one day. We will never forget that support.

All the best.

vivacollito
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by vivacollito » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:37 am

http://wewantourclubback.blogspot.co.uk/p/timeline.html

Ive been keeping an eye on this blog site on HUFC, well worth a read if you have the time.

Interestingly a certain Jed McCrory, (who if I remember correctly was sniffing around KHFC when Serrell was in the chair) pops up and appears to have connections with Agombar et all.

Good Luck to the fans of HUFC and hopefully we'll see a Hereford football team in the not to distant future.

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:02 pm

leobull wrote:Christmas has come early - we will be back!

Thanks once again for your support & allowing our protest. Your fans were magnificent & I can't wait for us to play each other again one day. We will never forget that support.

All the best.
if your new club is up and running by next season you could enter the Worcestershire Senior cup and you might be drawn against us.

Lovejoy
1st team
1st team

Post by Lovejoy » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:06 pm

Maybe even a pre season friendly at Aggborough.
Bound to draw a good crowd. :grouphug:

Harry Aire
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Aire » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:01 pm

Miserable for Hereford fans. I feel for you. It was so nearly us and could yet be us. Good luck with Hereford Mark 2 whatever you decide to call it. Within five years you'll be back in the Conference - I would bet on that. (And we might be in the Southern League so no smugness here)