Season Tickets Next Season

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Season Tickets Next Season

Post by garthrockett » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:07 pm

Somewhat ironic ( in the alanis definition) that the example of Hereford has been used, given that their fans absolutely stayed away from the club because of the owners and management.
Used more in the context of the fact that they finally have a football teaam to watch again come the new season, and arguably won't care about the quality of the football - for a while at least. :grin:
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:33 am

I accept all the misgivings about how the club has been run and possibly how it will be run into the future, and have started thinking about my renew/not renew decision.

But I wonder what sort of club and squad we would have next season if none of the season ticket holders renewed. I think if you decide not to renew, then that is the situation you would have helped create and one that you must consider and therefore, must be prepared to accept.

What would Jesus do?

:rolllaugh:
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:21 am

What would Jesus do?
Philippians 2:3-4 - "Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. "

Corinthians 12:26 - "And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it."
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:00 pm

Cal's Spongebag wrote:I accept all the misgivings about how the club has been run and possibly how it will be run into the future, and have started thinking about my renew/not renew decision.

But I wonder what sort of club and squad we would have next season if none of the season ticket holders renewed. I think if you decide not to renew, then that is the situation you would have helped create and one that you must consider and therefore, must be prepared to accept.

What would Jesus do?

:rolllaugh:
Conversely if we ALL bought season tickets then the money would be gone by October I guess.

They have demonstrated that they cannot handle money in a responsible way therefore I prefer to trickle my gate money in game by game and what is more it is better business for them.

Tamworth Harrier
1st team
1st team

Post by Tamworth Harrier » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:29 pm

Pershore I couldnt agree more.

So at the end of last season they set a budget for this season I presume based on donations (Lanes) plus gate receipts, Lolly money etc. Now despite the lanes fulfilling their promise, gates only down slightly, the extra income from the sales of marvin, Blissett and Dunkley plus getting high earners off the wage bill we are still in the shit. So no I wouldnt trust this lot with any money upfront either.

Mystic
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mystic » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:36 pm

I never buy a season ticket because I work away most weeks so can't make Tuesday night games.

So I know my point isn't very valid but even if I could make all the games I still wouldn't buy one due partly to Pershore's points about them not being trusted with the money up front, but mostly due to the dross served up by GW/MC.

Harry Aire
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Aire » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:03 pm

Like Sprials I will pay up come May. It's like a marriage indeed. Just wish the old lady's family weren't such a bunch of egotistical, self-important, incompetent mediocrities. I'm going to have tea with them on Monday night but I doubt they'll speak any sense. Could be worse. I might have married Hereford.

Jonkers
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Jonkers » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:53 pm

Pershore I totally agree I am undecided re next year but its unlikely I will renew for the first time in many years.
Harry love you post well said.

Bigfoot
1st team
1st team

Post by Bigfoot » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:00 pm

I know at the start of the season that due to shift work, i will miss between 6 and 9 games but still renew because I support the team through thick and thin. That way, the club get my money even if I cannot be there. Same as I have a standing order for the monthly raffle but also buy one when I go to the game - and half time draw too.

I will always support the Harriers and would miss it too much so yes , I will renew.

S2RKK
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by S2RKK » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:05 pm

Bigfoot wrote:I know at the start of the season that due to shift work, i will miss between 6 and 9 games but still renew because I support the team through thick and thin. That way, the club get my money even if I cannot be there. Same as I have a standing order for the monthly raffle but also buy one when I go to the game - and half time draw too.

I will always support the Harriers and would miss it too much so yes , I will renew.
Over the last three years due to ill health I have not been able to attend the Harriers but however I have still bought a season ticket so I agree with Bigfoot you support your club through thick and thin.

sprials
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by sprials » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:11 pm

interesting that Part of Gary's playing budget depends on how many season tickets are sold and how many boxes are sold

so I guess its people own choice but buying seasons tickets and renewing them gives us as a club a better chance of staying in this lg.

as said, football is different you support your team thru good and bad times......
youth team....THE WAY FORWARD

grassroots is where it all starts, support it before it's too late

Tamworth Harrier
1st team
1st team

Post by Tamworth Harrier » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:28 pm

I imagine season ticket sales will take a huge drop for next season. You will always get people who renew whatever but with the goings on in the board room and the standard of football being served up I get the feeling we have a lot of disgruntled supporters who wont renew.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:20 pm

I will continue to attend every home game and pay on the gate so they can count on that when setting the playing budget. In fact of course the playing budget is based on many things including gate receipts.

When I feel confident that we are not going to lurch from one financial crisis to the next then I will be confident of handing over my season ticket money early with the knowledge that it will be properly managed and not blown in the first couple of weeks of the season.

Semper Idem
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Semper Idem » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:54 pm

sprials wrote:interesting that Part of Gary's playing budget depends on how many season tickets are sold and how many boxes are sold

so I guess its people own choice but buying seasons tickets and renewing them gives us as a club a better chance of staying in this lg.

as said, football is different you support your team thru good and bad times......
Unfortunately some people don't earn enough money to just buy a season ticket no matter what, it's not exactly cheap for a family of four in the East Stand. There still has to be some kind of entertainment factor and there has been very few moments to shout about this season.

The board may feel like you that all supporters should renew their season ticket but sometimes it's not as simple as that, we all on this forum want this club to exist for years to come and play at the highest level possible but the board can't expect people to renew just for this reason.

howells
Subs bench
Subs bench

Season tickets

Post by howells » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:55 am

Will you be getting one if G W and M C are still here . Yes or no .

{Admin edit: Merged topics because of duplication}