Ahmed Obeng
No votes

Total votes: 17

Hartleburyharrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: MotM: 28-03-15 Braintree (H)

Post by Hartleburyharrier » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:29 pm

Badger wrote:Good result, thought Wright and Hughes had good games, I have given the new centre half Kelly MOTM so much more confident than his previous appearance against FGR if I have remembered correctly.

I enjoyed the game on the whole , we are still a bit fragile and heads drop quite quickly. If this is the style for next year , then we may not win the league but it will be ok to watch.

:khfc:

Totally agree, considering the back four were playing for the first time together, and out of position, thought they coped well, don't think Kelly missed a header or tackle all afternoon, MOTM by a mile, IMO.

The White Snowman
1st team
1st team

Post by The White Snowman » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:46 pm

Vanarama Conference
Kidderminster Harriers 3 Braintree Town 1
Usual expenses
Attendance: 1,317 (announced)

The result slightly overstates the entertainment factor – it wasn’t that good a game. Arguably it was all over within just 12 minutes after Harriers scored two goals, the first a chase after a long ball forward through a static defence by Danny Wright after 8 minutes, the second another chase down the left wing by Lee Hughes who somehow kept another long ball in, cut inside, totally wrongfooted a bemused defender, and scored from an acute angle. Hughes had very nearly opened the scoring in similar fashion (3m) but that time Braintree keeper Hamann saved well. And Mensah had also sizzled one over the Harriers’ crossbar before the scoring spree.

On 30m there was a 5 minute injury delay with Braintree’s Marks being stretchered off after an arial collision, and Kidderminster added a third goal on 38m through Wright’s sharp near post header from Byrne’s cross.

Braintree pulled a goal back through Davis within a minute of the restart, but I can’t tell you exactly how it went down as some eejit returning to his seat totally blocked my view. Frown

After that, not a lot happened, apart from a running contretemps between Lee Hughes and Braintree defender Ryan Peters. The ball had gone out off Hughes by the corner flag for a throw-in; Peters attempted to take it 10 yards downfield. With the crowd and Hughes protesting, Peters then attempted to make it 15 yards. The referee duly hauled him back, with Peters appearing not entirely happy about the decision. The next time the ball went out for a Kidderminster throw-in, it was at about the 20 yard mark. Hughes took the ball and lolloping to the corner flag, pretended to take it from there - much mirth from the crowd, a wry smile from the referee.

The crowd were by now on Peters’ case as he was attempting to gain a fair bit of extra yardage per throw-in. Eventually Hughes had had enough of it and stood in front of him, stopping him taking the throw and protesting to the referee. Peters threw the ball in, and it hit Hughes - not hard, it must be said. The referee blew and decided to reverse the throw-in. Peters fell on his back in disgust. The crowd hooted.

The next time Peters went forward, this time to take a long throw-in, Hughes promptly stood in front of him on the touchline, bouncing up and down and waving his arms. The referee lost patience and booked Hughes for being a muppet. The Kiddy player was substituted shortly afterwards, presumably as a precautionary measure in case he compounded his felonies.

Classic showmanship by Lee Hughes - he certainly gave the crowd something to laugh at and remember in an otherwise unremarkable match, but if I was his manager ….. Pirate

Before this match, Kidderminster had only scored 4 times in 12 games, and one of those 4 was an own goal. Hopefully it’ll give them a confidence boost for the last few matches of the season. Only two more home games … Bristol Rovers and Barnet!

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:04 pm

Would you credit the writer of this please :cool:

Badger
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Badger » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:07 pm

The White Snowman wrote:Vanarama Conference
Kidderminster Harriers 3 Braintree Town 1
Usual expenses
Attendance: 1,317 (announced)

The result slightly overstates the entertainment factor – it wasn’t that good a game.

What do you expect , it is the conference after all or are you expecting Brazil every week. If so best you support Chelsea or Man city

I thought it was a good game !!!!!!!
"Have more than you show, speak less than you know." - Shakespeare

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: 28-03-15 Braintree (H)

Post by pershoreharrier » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:11 am

pershoreharrier wrote:I have dusted off the Lucky Matthews shirt for this game - 4.45pm we will know if it still has the magic dust.
Firstly my apologies to all the supporters of KHFC for leaving it so late in the season before introducing the Matthews shirt to a game. I accept our miserable run of results in recent times is therefore all my fault.

The Matthews shirt will be at Telford and then for the big one against Bristol Rovers by which time it is hoped it will be well into its stride.

As to the game yesterday the was an air of determination in our play which has been lacking in recent times and whilst the clearing of the ball from our back three lacked some quality in terms of it being played to a Harriers player the real point was the effort made to get there to make the challenge or the clearance and with that done hope that we could pick up the ball from that. Of course it did not always work but the point was to make the clearance and worry about who was picking it up afterwards.

The determination from Danny Wright to hustle for the ball demonstrated that whilst his confidence might be low the effort was still being made and his two goals will go a long way to restoring that confidence. Hughes clearly enjoys playing and it is a joy to see a player with a smile on his face and playing to the crowd with some comedic moments.

Braintree for all their possession looked pretty toothless but contributed the goal of the game at which point had we conceded a second the outcome could have been so different.

What we lacked in quality we made up for in effort - effort will not always beat quality but effort is the minimum I expect from every player wearing our shirt.

A team MOTM from me - well deserved to all.

howells
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by howells » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:45 am

Good game and a happy drive back to worcester . My MoM was kelly . Well done lads :comeonkiddy:

sprials
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by sprials » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:16 am

The next time Peters went forward, this time to take a long throw-in, Hughes promptly stood in front of him on the touchline, bouncing up and down and waving his arms. The referee lost patience and booked Hughes for being a muppet.

no he was booked for raising his arms, if he stood still then he couldn't have been booked. By raising his arms and moving it became a foul.

we win 3-1 and folks still aren't happy.....

first half we were very good, second half they closed down more, but we played as a team and they( players) were enjoying the game ...and for Peters I was giving him so much grief it was funny...
youth team....THE WAY FORWARD

grassroots is where it all starts, support it before it's too late

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:22 am

sprials wrote:

no he was booked for raising his arms, if he stood still then he couldn't have been booked. By raising his arms and moving it became a foul.

Absolutely correct Sprials regarding Hughes's booking - player is perfectly entitled to stand in front of the player taking the throw in if he stands still.

Which folks aren't happy with a 3 - 1 win???

vivacollito
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by vivacollito » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:23 am

A much improved team performance against a very poor Braintree side. I was very disappointed and angry with the departure of Gowling, and was concerned about what we be like defensively. The defending wasnt pretty at times but players remained strong and committed. Kelly was excellent, and Grimes looked far more relaxed that ive seen him for some time. With Gowlings departure he is the most senior centre back at the club, maybe the step up in responsibility suits him...

In the midfield I thought Green did very well, and upfront Wright worked hi socks off and had by far his best game. For all the comedy moments, Hughes' finish was a class above most players at this level. At 38 he still has more energy that alot of players and his experience and enjoyment of playing must rub off on the rest of the team.

Would I be right in thinking we played a conventional 442 yesterday? The only difference I would have made was to bring Obeng on a bit sooner in the second half when we lost our way slightly. Overall much, much better and really pleased to see an energetic and committed display by all.
pershoreharrier wrote: Firstly my apologies to all the supporters of KHFC for leaving it so late in the season before introducing the Matthews shirt to a game. I accept our miserable run of results in recent times is therefore all my fault.
On the superstition angle, I had one of those padded KHFC jackets for Christmas. Every match ive worn it to we have lost. Yesterday I wore my old KHFC coat which last made an appearance in the Lincoln home game....

Krasnyi
1st team
1st team

Post by Krasnyi » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:34 am

On the superstition angle, I had one of those padded KHFC jackets for Christmas. Every match ive worn it to we have lost. Yesterday I wore my old KHFC coat which last made an appearance in the Lincoln home game....
Maybe it was the combination of your coat, pershore's shirt and me staying at home that did it. The good news is I won't be at Telford or at home for the Gas - am planning to attend the Barnet game so extra lucky shirts etc might be in order.

spitalfields
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by spitalfields » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:05 am

The big difference yesterday was that we actually took the chances we had. A bit of spirit and a bit of tempo, and it actually felt like things were going to happen. What a relief.

The makeshift back four did OK, but the gaps were there to be exploited. Fortunately, Braintree didn't make the most of their opportunities in the first half, and we were more solid in the second after the shambolic first minute. I can only think our new left back was to avoid having two rookies on the same side of the pitch. If so, that was a pretty decent tactical move. I've gone for Callum Gittings as man of the match as he had his best game of the season, and his simple, intelligent passing was something we've been missing for a while.

A 3-1 win is always cause for celebration, but it still seems more sticking plaster than rebuild. The best thing for me from yesterday is the sign that there is still entertainment to be had from this season.

DownTheLine
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by DownTheLine » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:10 pm

pershoreharrier wrote:
sprials wrote:

Absolutely correct Sprials regarding Hughes's booking - player is perfectly entitled to stand in front of the player taking the throw in if he stands still.

Both of you are totally incorrect.

An opponent cannot stand within 2 metres of a player taking a throw in.....Hughes was cautioned for failing to retreat to the correct distance after being warned by the referee.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:28 pm

Since I moved from Lickhill to Offmore I have been walking to games since the New Year. We haven't won a game since.

Yesterday I went in the car. Result!!!

Luckily in May I move to the very top of Bewdley Hill and won't be walking to a game again. Ergo we win every home game next season :lol:

BIGED63
1st team
1st team

Post by BIGED63 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:34 pm

DonutUK wrote:
pershoreharrier wrote:
sprials wrote:

An opponent cannot stand within 2 metres of a player taking a throw in.....Hughes was cautioned for failing to retreat to the correct distance after being warned by the referee.
OR, was Hughes correctly positioned and it was in fact the player taking the throw in that broke the 2 meter rule as He had all game by about 10 yards plus? :wall:
We Are Legion.
We Do Not Forgive,
We Do Not Forget.
Expect Us...

sprials
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by sprials » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:37 pm

DonutUK wrote:
pershoreharrier wrote:
sprials wrote:

r

does not state 2m DoNut...read yer handbook...lol
youth team....THE WAY FORWARD

grassroots is where it all starts, support it before it's too late