Optimism??

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Mystic
Subs bench
Subs bench

Optimism??

Post by Mystic » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:19 pm

There is a new found optimism around the club which I think we can all be happy about.

However... I have this nagging worry that given Whild still appears to be obsessed with signing as many strikers as possible, we lack midfielders of any real ability and wingers, that when August comes and the season kicks off we are going to be treated to the same style of football and similar results to last season.

Please let me be wrong!!!!!!!

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Re: Optimism??

Post by pb12345 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:30 pm

Mystic wrote:There is a new found optimism around the club which I think we can all be happy about.

However... I have this nagging worry that given Whild still appears to be obsessed with signing as many strikers as possible, we lack midfielders of any real ability and wingers, that when August comes and the season kicks off we are going to be treated to the same style of football and similar results to last season.

Please let me be wrong!!!!!!!
Yes, optimism is good (more for the long term future of the club) than this coming season maybe. Takes time I guess.

Regarding your comment about lack of midfielder/winger, I am "trying" to put the club in touch with "someone" very very talented, I am trying not to say too much or give too much away, in case someone else tries to get him. He used to play for Auxerre, Nancy, and ......Marseille (believe it or not). Been trying to persuade him to contact the club for the last 18 months or more, I now think he is keen to help, (because I have told him about the new found positivity, and the focus on "youth".

I have e mailed the chairman a few times with brief details and his contact number, I just hope he doesn't think its a wind up!!!

Oh and its not the lad who played on Saturday, if anyone is wondering.

I cannot say any more at the moment, not being all cloak and dagger I promise, its just that I dont know if it will come off or not.

also, its a very long story and would take too long at the moment. Cheers for reading though.

COYR

:grouphug:

Paul
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Paul » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:42 pm

Pb123456789,

Your posts get funnier and funnier. Keep them coming.

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:18 pm

Just gave the chairman Real Madrids contact details for the pursuit of Ronaldo. If we're gonna get someone quick, may aswell push the boat out.

georged123
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by georged123 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:31 pm

How many strikers have we signed so far this summer?

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:38 pm

6 strikers at the moment

I have no optimism as Whild and Creighton are clueless, regardless of the budget the fact whild said he is not replacing Obeng, leaving just one winger in Reffell sums him up, its a shame Brown thinks Whild is the man, the bloke isnt nor is Creighton, {expletive deleted} clueless the pair of them. Cramming loads of strikers into the squad, playing two centre forwards out wide then scratching his head wondering why they arent playing well and scoring.
No doubt he will use the budget as an excuse for why we are fairing badly
if we finish 5th bottom it will be like winning the league.
Shame Miller talked Whild out of resigning.

georged123
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by georged123 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:45 pm

Party round Tony's place!

Aggborough_Pie
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Aggborough_Pie » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:46 pm

pb12345 wrote:I am "trying" to put the club in touch with "someone" very very talented, I am trying not to say too much or give too much away, in case someone else tries to get him. He used to play for Auxerre, Nancy, and ......Marseille (believe it or not). Been trying to persuade him to contact the club for the last 18 months or more, I now think he is keen to help, (because I have told him about the new found positivity, and the focus on "youth".

I have e mailed the chairman a few times with brief details and his contact number, I just hope he doesn't think its a wind up!!!
The player you're talking about sounds promising, and it would be great if the club signed a player due to a fan recommendation as it would really help us become a better " community club".

However, unless someone at the club has heard of him and seen him play in the past - I can't see the club taking the risk, simply due to the club's budget which creates such a small margin for error.

I am sure that GW has a long list of transfer targets by now so unfortunately, I can't see the club taking this seriously. :(

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:33 pm

Those who readily scoff at Pb's contact with the club regarding potential players obviously have no knowledge of how this has paid huge dividends in the past....... :roll:

Good for you mate, at least you're having a go........ :scarf:
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:42 pm

if hes a striker im sure whild thing will be interested

i am optimistic how the club is being run off the field however, living within its means and actually communicating with the fans and managing expectations, fair play to them

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:19 pm

Paul wrote:Pb123456789,

Your posts get funnier and funnier. Keep them coming.
Ha Ha Ha cheers mate.

I have taken this post in the correct way

:rolllaugh:

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:26 pm

Aggborough_Pie wrote:
pb12345 wrote:I am "trying" to put the club in touch with "someone" very very talented, I am trying not to say too much or give too much away, in case someone else tries to get him. He used to play for Auxerre, Nancy, and ......Marseille (believe it or not). Been trying to persuade him to contact the club for the last 18 months or more, I now think he is keen to help, (because I have told him about the new found positivity, and the focus on "youth".

The player you're talking about sounds promising, and it would be great if the club signed a player due to a fan recommendation as it would really help us become a better " community club".

However, unless someone at the club has heard of him and seen him play in the past - I can't see the club taking the risk, simply due to the club's budget which creates such a small margin for error.

I am sure that GW has a long list of transfer targets by now so unfortunately, I can't see the club taking this seriously. :(
Fair comment actually.

I have actually asked him to send a CV in with a covering letter (which I realised the other day is what someone hoping for a trial has to do, they will not accept over the phone - including email probably).

With his experience, he might think that Harriers would jump at the chance of giving him a "trial". Fair enough though, its about being fair to everyone.

But yep, this may be me just me being a dreamer.

All I will say is, I have a better effing contact book than someone who shall not be named! Especially as there is only one name in it!!!

:rolllaugh:

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:35 pm

garthrockett wrote:Those who readily scoff at Pb's contact with the club regarding potential players obviously have no knowledge of how this has paid huge dividends in the past....... :roll:

Good for you mate, at least you're having a go........ :scarf:
Thanks for the "vote of confidence" Garth!

I am genuinely pleased that it has provided a little bit of merriment to be fair. Not intended to be honest , but people's comments have really made me smile.

By the way, he is in his early 30's (same as the French lad that played on Saturday).

Yes it probably is doomed to fail, though if by some miracle it happened, could I have a massive boast on here please?? LOL

Like I and others say though...................................................

Paul
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Paul » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:17 pm

Just got back from my meeting with Roy Hodgson.

Pleased that pb007 took my comments in the correct way.

centreforeword
1st team
1st team

Post by centreforeword » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:05 pm

Trouble we've got this season is you can't win anything with kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Es-RIBnba8