Congrats

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Congrats

Post by redandwhitemike » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:42 pm

Overlooked on here - but Congratulations to HFC on gaining promotion - Cliff would be proud of you. :lol:

I wonder who will get back into the League first - Harriers or the Bulls,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :shock:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Swansea Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: Congrats

Post by Swansea Harrier » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:53 pm

It's great for their fans, but forgive me for not hailing their achievement too much. They are blowing the opposition out of the water with the resources they have and being able to field Conference standard players like Rob Purdie. It's not a level playing field.

They can only beat what's in front of them and they've done it well, but if isn't worth the hoo-haa they're getting on the radio.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:13 am

Am I right in assuming they will be in the Evostik Southern premier next year?
League below NN?
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:09 am

I don't begrudge HFC their success.

I think you had to live through the Gangsta Agombar era as a fan to appreciate how soul destroying it must have been, he made
Serrell look like the 'Bill Gates' of football.

I acknowledge that they have an advantage in terms of resources - but that is mainly due to the fantastic support from their fan base and the fact that they are 50% controlled by the fans.

I happen to think their progress may slow a little now and they will find things a bit tougher up against the relegated NS sides.

Hopefully it won't too long before our two clubs will be playing the Christmas derbies once again. :lol:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

TJU'S
1st team
1st team

Post by TJU'S » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:41 pm

Well done Hereford Southern Prem will be harder no doubt

Justin Tomlinson
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Justin Tomlinson » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:30 pm

Swansea Harrier wrote:It's great for their fans, but forgive me for not hailing their achievement too much. They are blowing the opposition out of the water with the resources they have and being able to field Conference standard players like Rob Purdie. It's not a level playing field.

They can only beat what's in front of them and they've done it well, but if isn't worth the hoo-haa they're getting on the radio.
To be fair I saw them twice versus Swindon Supermarine last season and congrats for winning the title.

Whilst they won the league, they did have to work for it, so the step up will test them thus season.

With their large away support it was a helpful payday for many of the clubs in the division.

They were averaging close on 3,000 for home games with 1,800 season ticket holders so their rebirth seems to have been a blessing.

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Justin Tomlinson wrote:
Swansea Harrier wrote:It's great for their fans, but forgive me for not hailing their achievement too much. They are blowing the opposition out of the water with the resources they have and being able to field Conference standard players like Rob Purdie. It's not a level playing field.

To be fair I saw them twice versus Swindon Supermarine last season and congrats for winning the title.

Whilst they won the league, they did have to work for it, so the step up will test them thus season.

With their large away support it was a helpful payday for many of the clubs in the division.

They were averaging close on 3,000 for home games with 1,800 season ticket holders so their rebirth seems to have been a blessing.
Just like every other reformed club, once the novelty of smashing teams left right and center in a tin pot league goes away, they'll be back to the same attendances as us.

FC united are a prime example.