KHIST Statement

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

KHIST Statement

Post by Phil » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:39 pm

Giving this it's own thread. We're looking at a return of the Serrell here:
In response to questions raised by members and other Harriers’ supporters regarding Dave Pountney’s unexpected departure from the Club, we recently made clear that neither of our two representatives on the KHFC board were involved in the making of that decision. We do understand the concerns being expressed by some members and their expectation that we should be able to throw some light on the situation, but, in the absence of an official statement from the club and with no further information having become available, we have been unable to offer a reliable explanation.

However, we have now been made aware that John Davies, who also had no involvement in Dave’s departure, has more recently tendered his resignation from the KHFC board. John has informed us that he had had a meeting with the Chairman during which he disagreed with the reasons he was given to justify the club’s decision and, in consequence, he had no option but to resign with immediate effect. John still loves the club he’s supported for such a long time and has confirmed that he has already renewed, and paid, for his 2017/18 season shirt sponsorship.

Dave Pountney is well known and respected by Harriers’ fans. The club has been an important part of his life as a loyal supporter for over 25 years and he’s a former KHIST Chairman, having been heavily involved in the establishment of the 2020 lottery. Dave was awarded the accolade of ‘Clubman of the Year’ for the 2014/15 season and in June 2015, he joined the club for a very successful spell as Commercial Manager. More recently, that success was recognised when in November 2015 he was appointed Managing Director.

John is also a former KHIST board member who has previously represented the Trust on the KHFC board. He has, in fact, served two terms on the Harriers Board (from January 2012 to April 2015 and from July 2016 until his recent resignation). However, he’s perhaps better known to fans for his 20 plus years of dedication to our football club, as a major sponsor and benefactor, having also sponsored the shirts for ten seasons since 2002.

On behalf of our members, we would like to thank both Dave and John for all they have done for KHIST and for our football club. They have our utmost respect. We will continue to see them regularly at Aggborough, as two of the Harriers’ most loyal supporters.

Postscript

Following the departures of Dave Pountney and John Davies, we regret to inform our members that the KHIST Board has now been made aware that, with effect from the end of the current season, Geoff Coles, Dave Williams and Mick Morris are all being ‘removed’ from the KHFC Board. We are extremely disappointed with this sad state of affairs, as all of these individuals have contributed massively to the fortunes of our club.

Supporters’ representation on the KHFC board took many years to achieve, during which the Trust was called upon to bail out the club on more than one occasion. Even in this past 12 months KHIST investment in the club, on behalf of its members, has amounted to some £29,500, part of an overall investment in excess of £200,000, giving the club’s supporters a significant shareholding.

The Trust’s KHFC board representatives are unpaid volunteers who have worked tirelessly for the benefit of our football club. We very much hope that their imminent removal from the board will not endanger the hard earned, mutual trust and co-operation that has existed between the independent supporters’ trust and the club in recent years.

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Re: KHIST Statement

Post by pb12345 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:59 pm

Does this mean CG has "major investors" coming on board then???

That can be the only way forward, or "positive outcome" from this decision

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:01 pm

Also, does this mean the end of the KHIST lotto???

P.Underwood
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by P.Underwood » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:13 pm

Keep buying the lottery tickets,they'll need that money to pick up the pieces when it's all gone tits up again

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:18 pm

One thing I will say, don't forget peeps who took over last year, and look at the difference now!

Not being happy clappy or anything, but still believe in good hands

I will be going for a CG surgery now for sure!

That is what everyone should be doing............................

dastrix
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by dastrix » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:12 am

Well it looks like Kim Jong-Gordon wants everything his own way and to be fair he is the major shareholder, so good luck to him and I like every Harrier wants him to succeed.

BUT and heres the big BUT, when it comes to I have had enough and wants his money back, us the fans need to be there to rescue once again like every time.

Time for KHIST to shine again im guessing, I for one am going to setup a direct debit for their lottery so over the next few years the money tops up and IF / WHEN the times come, they are in a better situation to rescue us once again.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:34 am

That's all very well putting more of your money into KHIST but until the situation regarding that money then going to the club/Colin Gordon is clarified then my hand will be staying in my pocket.

Personally if I was still on KHIST I would be dead against it.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:47 am

There's few clubs in the land in the same situation where fans' reps are any more than 'tolerated' on a board of directors.
Its inevitable that owners -sooner or later- prefer to make decisions without justification to trusts, etc.

I assume the 'I' in KHIST kicks in now and the trust carries on while lottery money raised supplements a 'war chest' to be used should the club turn toes up in the not too distant future?
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

dastrix
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by dastrix » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:03 am

I don't quite follow what you are saying? or if you have misunderstood what i am saying.

What i was trying to say is that KHIST now need a war chest for when / if it all goes belly up.

Much like when KHIST raised 50k to pay debts back in 2011.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:09 am

Very worrying.

Indicates to me that CKG can't work with others who have a different view point, one would hardly expect KHIST to carry on regardless injecting funds after being proverbially, kicked in the teeth - and who can blame them.

Sad day that the fans will no longer be represented at the club.

I could perhaps accept this news IF Colin Gordon was doing a Lionel Newton and pumping his own 'hard earned' at such a level as to not need any help from the fans.

I wonder if this news had broken earlier whether it would have affected ST sales?

Surely CKG needs every one pulling in the same direction and not creating a rift between the club and the fans, I see this purge as a very risky strategy by our chairman/owner - no wonder Matty was so careful with his questions,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :roll:

Final point - do we get an explanation/statement for the removal of five fans from the board of KHFC from CKG?

I wonder what's coming next,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:11 am

We need to know first if KHIST still intend to give the lottery money to the club for buying players, or more probably, bailing them out. If they do then that money will not be going into a war chest.

Until we know what they are going to do with the money then it would be unwise to hand over any more to KHIST.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:13 am

redandwhitemike wrote:
I wonder what's coming next,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Might find some assets being sold off for £70,000 :roll:

dastrix
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by dastrix » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:17 am

Thanks Phil, I am in agreement we do need some clarification.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:20 am

As an aside from the previous post.

How prophetic was the last uttering from CKG about the fans being ''brilliant'' but not that brilliant that they can sit next to him in the boardroom and help take this club forward.

His final comment from that piece could in time be his epitaph - after all he doesn't care if people don't like him - he tells it like it is.

Over to CKG - tell us like it is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Can't wait for his next broadcast.
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:32 am

Based on the KHIST statement and the fact that there is no statement by the club, this appears to be a disastrous own goal by the club.

Clarification is now needed by KHIST regarding the way forward. I do not plan on paying into a lottery that directly funds the club. If the funds are diverted to a war chest then that may be a different matter, although I think this might limit the lottery's appeal and a lot of the smaller prizes were donated by the club anyway......so what happens there? I had concerns when the funds were being put towards a lift in the main stand.....rather than playing budget.

Maybe CG doesn't consider the 'revenue stream' from KHIST as important enough to suffer other (non-compliant?) board members?

It isn't exactly great timing is it?
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin