KHIST Statement

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: KHIST Statement

Post by pershoreharrier » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:27 pm

I have just seen this advert.

FOR SALE

Slightly used Sheep's Clothing - unwanted and in nearly new condition.

jim mankey
1st team
1st team

Post by jim mankey » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:47 pm

howells wrote:Remember Wot CG said Rob. Could this have anything to do with that.

Don't know what to make of it tbh mate, see you tomorrow.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:39 pm

The announcement that the KHIST money would most recently be used to install the lift seemed a little odd as to enhance the squad for the play-offs the Crowdfunder was launched but be that as it may. I have not been in the Aggborough Suite for a while so am not sure if the lift has been installed - perhaps someone could advise.
I could be wrong but I seem to recall it was mentioned at the last forum the club had applied for a grant to help with the cost of the lift (40K?) :roll:
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

Gezzie
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Gezzie » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:57 pm

Does this removal go to a vote within the board, or is it a fait accompli from the chairman?
Why, when everything appeared to be going so well with the general mood of optimism, would CG risk that by alienating the fan-base?

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:07 pm

The timing of this suggests to me something else is happening. Just as the fans are getting excited, they try and sneak this through...

Said a few weeks ago, during the FC United away game, something seemed fishy.

Answers please Colin. This is unacceptable. Won't be renewing my season ticket, regardless of if we go up, unless something is said for everyone of our representatives who have been shafted.

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:03 am

Have a feeling there will be a statement from KHFC very soon, regarding new board members / Investors..........................

Zorro
1st team
1st team

Post by Zorro » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:54 am

My main concern is the quality of the person who is next to take over when CG runs out of cash and has had enough...??

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:48 am

pb12345 wrote:Have a feeling there will be a statement from KHFC very soon, regarding new board members / Investors..........................
Steve McLaren springs to mind, mates with Colin Gordon.

Lovejoy
1st team
1st team

Post by Lovejoy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:01 pm

Following the non statement from KHIST there has been rumour on top of rumour which from the clubs point of view is unhelpful at a critical time of the season.
Why all this couldn't have waited until the season was done and dusted I don't know.
Whatever the reasons for his decisions we can all agree that the timing has been awful from CG.
Colin has every right to employ whoever he wants in any position he chooses and although in a normal company nobody would really bat an eyelid when it comes to a football club where the fanbase has invested so much emotion over the years things are different.
I am really surprised that Colin does not appear to understand this, especially since he has been in and around football for most of his life.
Football clubs ARE different to ANY other business and the PR side must be handled in a more sensitive manner.

Having said that I think Colin is here for the long haul, he has invested significant amounts of money and time in our little club at a time when I'm sure from a financial point of view didn't need to.
He has a vision for the club which I am firmly behind and will back with my own small contributions of time and money.
I will continue to be investing in ground board and other advertising at the club and for the first time in many years I have purchased a season ticket for me and my son.

Maybe I'm a rose tinted spectacles type to other fans because I try to always see the positive, but let's be realistic here, we fans including KHIST do not have the time, money or expertise to take over and run the club so maybe we should just cut CG a little slack here.

I have always had reservations concerning fan representation on the board. What decisions are made in the boardroom should always remain confidential, so whatever KHIST reps learn cannot be passed on. So for me a better way forward is a KHIST/Fans meeting once a month with a board representative and Colin. A sort of fans coucil if you like.

Just my thoughts. COYR. :grouphug: :comeonharriers2:

kiddy guy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by kiddy guy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:30 pm

Amazing that KHIST loses all representation from the board and the best they can muster is "disappointed."

The exact reason why I never joined - toothless.

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:07 pm

Lovejoy wrote:Following the non statement from KHIST there has been rumour on top of rumour which from the clubs point of view is unhelpful at a critical time of the season.
Why all this couldn't have waited until the season was done and dusted I don't know.
Whatever the reasons for his decisions we can all agree that the timing has been awful from CG.
Colin has every right to employ whoever he wants in any position he chooses and although in a normal company nobody would really bat an eyelid when it comes to a football club where the fanbase has invested so much emotion over the years things are different.
I am really surprised that Colin does not appear to understand this, especially since he has been in and around football for most of his life.
Football clubs ARE different to ANY other business and the PR side must be handled in a more sensitive manner.

Having said that I think Colin is here for the long haul, he has invested significant amounts of money and time in our little club at a time when I'm sure from a financial point of view didn't need to.
He has a vision for the club which I am firmly behind and will back with my own small contributions of time and money.
I will continue to be investing in ground board and other advertising at the club and for the first time in many years I have purchased a season ticket for me and my son.

Maybe I'm a rose tinted spectacles type to other fans because I try to always see the positive, but let's be realistic here, we fans including KHIST do not have the time, money or expertise to take over and run the club so maybe we should just cut CG a little slack here.

I have always had reservations concerning fan representation on the board. What decisions are made in the boardroom should always remain confidential, so whatever KHIST reps learn cannot be passed on. So for me a better way forward is a KHIST/Fans meeting once a month with a board representative and Colin. A sort of fans coucil if you like.

Good post.

S2RKK
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by S2RKK » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:20 pm

Lovejoy wrote:Following the non statement from KHIST there has been rumour on top of rumour which from the clubs point of view is unhelpful at a critical time of the season.

Excellent post especially "Maybe I'm a rose tinted spectacles type to other fans because I try to always see the positive, but let's be realistic here, we fans including KHIST do not have the time, money or expertise to take over and run the club so maybe we should just cut CG a little slack here."

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:54 pm

Previous 2 posts excellently put.

Also, people are always against "change". KHIST have been around for many years now, and have not always had a place on the board.

Many clubs have single owners, I think we are lucky to have someone with business acumen AND a vast knowledge of football in this country. Not many around as everyone knows deep down (though may not admit it).

Someone mentioned Lionel Newton earlier (he was indeed excellent), but in the fullness of time, CG will I believe be even better. Let's face it, he has already stumped up his own cash (especially last year when taking over). He has promised to make us a stronger club and believe it will happen.

Only this morning at the ground, I saw a supporter who told me he had taken a year out after all the troubles, he and his family started going up again a few weeks ago. He commented on how astounded they were about the standard of football that they had witnessed. They are "back" for good. So take that!!

So, cut CG some slack, see how things progress......

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:59 pm

Oh and by the way, I am emailing Colin later today or tomorrow, to go and see him. I will write down my questions and yes a few "fears" .

I will not hide behind a keyboard, I'm going to make the effort to actually do something.

Mrs Waggy
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Mrs Waggy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:45 pm

I was almost stunned when I heard of the dismissal of Dave Williams and Geoff Coles. I will allow (by design) the clause of confidentiality and not being allowed to vote on certain matters, in essence reducing their role to much of a watching brief. Even so, it did it give us fans a toe in the door. Given the benefit of doubt, you have to ask certain questions. Give Gordon his due, he is by nature a careful planner, always with an eye on his next moves. Do these rash of ejections portend that he is clearing the decks in order to “invite” new board members? Is his “Plan B” to set up an autocracy, a clique, in essence a sort of secret club within the club? My first reaction was that we should suspend our lottery contributions until such time that concise agreement is reached as to exactly what the monies are used for and also when it is made clear that KHIST will still receive shares in exchange for their contributions. If not, that could mean a whole new ball game.

It appears that he (Gordon) wishes to distance himself from fans whose loyalty and devotion are beyond question. In the not-too-distant past it was only because of the titanic efforts of those fans that our club was saved from going under. Hopefully it will not be overlong before KHIST tell us of their reaction and what their proposed plan of action is, should there be one.
The older I get, the better I was.