Tunnicliffe Fyldes away

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Tunnicliffe Fyldes away

Post by harry211 » Fri May 26, 2017 2:49 pm

Tenuous pun attempt, but Tunnicliffe is off to join Fylde. Another stand-out player we'll have to replace.

We'll be due compensation, so let's hope it's enough to get a pint in the arms...

http://www.harriers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/jordan-tunnicliffe-joins-afc-fylde-from-kidderminster-harriers-3725655.aspx
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

aberred
1st team
1st team

Re: Tunnicliffe Fyldes away

Post by aberred » Fri May 26, 2017 2:55 pm

A real shame that he's left, but even more of a shame that it's only for Fylde. I would've thought he'd push for a move into the FL but maybe this is a stepping stone for him. I wonder if this affects his participation in the Jamie Vardy academy trials? You'd assume so.

As for compensation, you'd imagine CG would get what he can out of Fylde, whether that be cash up front or a combination with a good sell-on fee.

Work to do for the management team then........

Lovejoy
1st team
1st team

Post by Lovejoy » Fri May 26, 2017 3:03 pm

aberred wrote:A real shame that he's left, but even more of a shame that it's only for Fylde. I would've thought he'd push for a move into the FL but maybe this is a stepping stone for him. I wonder if this affects his participation in the Jamie Vardy academy trials? You'd assume so.

As for compensation, you'd imagine CG would get what he can out of Fylde, whether that be cash up front or a combination with a good sell-on fee.

Work to do for the management team then........
Have to agree aberred, you posted pretty much what I was about to post after reading the news on the official site.
On the compo side, CG knows the score and I'm confident that we'll get the best deal possible. Just hope it isn't undisclosed again.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Fri May 26, 2017 3:20 pm

Maybe Tyrone Williams will get a spell at centre back now?
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

Mystic
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mystic » Fri May 26, 2017 3:35 pm

I'm pretty disappointed in Jordan. Thought he was good enough to get a move to a FL club and surprised he hasn't backed himself to do so.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Fri May 26, 2017 4:09 pm

Mystic wrote:I'm pretty disappointed in Jordan. Thought he was good enough to get a move to a FL club and surprised he hasn't backed himself to do so.
Money?

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Fri May 26, 2017 5:39 pm

Probably been offered loads. And might have headed there even if we'd gone up?

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Fri May 26, 2017 5:53 pm

“It has been my aim to join Fylde for a while now having watched them progress through the leagues. Of course, promotion helped my decision a little bit because the National League is where I want to play and where I want to test myself.
http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/afc-fylde/defender-is-afc-fylde-s-first-summer-signing-1-8565050

Bigfoot
1st team
1st team

Post by Bigfoot » Fri May 26, 2017 9:55 pm

garthrockett wrote:Maybe Tyrone Williams will get a spell at centre back now?

Kennedy Digie should also be in the frame.

jamestheimpaler
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by jamestheimpaler » Sat May 27, 2017 11:48 am

Phil wrote:
“It has been my aim to join Fylde for a while now having watched them progress through the leagues. Of course, promotion helped my decision a little bit because the National League is where I want to play and where I want to test myself.
http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/afc-fylde/defender-is-afc-fylde-s-first-summer-signing-1-8565050
Don't buy that guff for a second. Why would any player with WBA and Barnsley be considering a North West Counties side?

I can see the logic to his progression with an NL club, though, regardlesss of that club being Fylde. He perhaps could have also have joined Arthur at a L1 club, but realistically he can walk straight in to the Fylde XI. Taking it one step at a time is a sensible shout as Sam Clucas has proved. Bizarre for him to join the V9 academy to then accept a contract beforehand, though.

Lovejoy
1st team
1st team

Post by Lovejoy » Sat May 27, 2017 12:21 pm

jamestheimpaler wrote:
Phil wrote:
Don't buy that guff for a second. Why would any player with WBA and Barnsley be considering a North West Counties side?

I can see the logic to his progression with an NL club, though, regardlesss of that club being Fylde. He perhaps could have also have joined Arthur at a L1 club, but realistically he can walk straight in to the Fylde XI. Taking it one step at a time is a sensible shout as Sam Clucas has proved. Bizarre for him to join the V9 academy to then accept a contract beforehand, though.
I would have thought the salary had something to do with it. At the end of the day it is a job, so why not get a very well paid one at a level you are comfortable at. Have a season there then move on up again, he's young enough.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Tue May 30, 2017 5:26 pm

Well that is two of last seasons top performers gone for virtually no money so we are going to require the skills of our management squad to find replacements who can contribute as much if not more to see us in the top 5 of the league at the end of the forthcoming season to give us another chance of promotion.

Whilst two key players have left I would suspect other key players from last season will move on as well so the replacements are really going to have to be gems if we are going to realise the vision.

Interestingly I believe CG said Tunnicliffe should get a better agent - looks like he did and left for nothing. As for the remark that he could have stepped up further I would suggest he will be playing regular first team football next season so will remain in the shop window for a further move up the leagues rather than vanish into the reserves and be loaned out here and there to no real effect.

STC10
Youth team
Youth team

Post by STC10 » Tue May 30, 2017 6:07 pm

He hasn't left for nothing. He's out of contract so is free to move. We will get compensation, either agreed between the two clubs or set by a tribunal. We were never going to keep him unless we got promoted.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Wed May 31, 2017 10:07 am

STC10 wrote:He hasn't left for nothing. He's out of contract so is free to move. We will get compensation, either agreed between the two clubs or set by a tribunal. We were never going to keep him unless we got promoted.
I would suggest the compensation will be very little indeed and although not nothing it won't amount to very much - it never is.

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:54 am

pershoreharrier wrote:
STC10 wrote:He hasn't left for nothing. He's out of contract so is free to move. We will get compensation, either agreed between the two clubs or set by a tribunal. We were never going to keep him unless we got promoted.
I would suggest the compensation will be very little indeed and although not nothing it won't amount to very much - it never is.
That used to be the case but I read a story a few weeks ago that Chester turned away a £20K offer for their top scorer in Jan because if they let his contract run out they would receive far more money in compensation if he left.