Yan Klukowski

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Yan Klukowski

Post by harry211 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:33 pm

Could be a great signing. Superb during his FGR days, and scored hat-fuls of goals.

If he plays, who does he dislodge? Elton? McQuilkin? We do have a saturation of midfielders, surely he couldn't be playing at CB?
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:07 pm

Sheffield Harrier wrote: If we don't make it then at least get an idea of what squad we want for next season, get them fit, get them in and get them playing with each other next pre-season.
I could not agree more BUT the problem seems to be that if some of our very best players are only on a contract that expires next May or June then we do not seem capable of keeping them and getting them ready for next season. I know it is a dilemma in terms of signing players and the lengths of contracts offered but we really did (in my opinion) lose out badly last season with many of the players that departed and for little or no transfer fee. With the knowledge of the game within our Management Team and Owner I would hope that we might do a little better in that regard for next season and that in fact we are far better prepared than we were in August 2017.

georged123
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by georged123 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:10 pm

Give the lad a chance and see how it plays out. :khfc:

Bigfoot
1st team
1st team

Post by Bigfoot » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:44 pm

Surely Williams is suspended and Pearson keeps going off injured so Klukowski is cover for those whilst they return to full fitness and availability.

Harrier1994
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harrier1994 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:25 pm

Bigfoot wrote:Surely Williams is suspended and Pearson keeps going off injured so Klukowski is cover for those whilst they return to full fitness and availability.
Pearson played the full 90 last week. Hopefully, he's put the injuries behind him. I think Klukowski is a great signing some decent experience and height in the midfield which is where I'm expecting him to play.

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:54 pm

Medieval wrote:(Spenser?)

If Taylors not fit, then presumably O`connor at LB. New lad, assuming he`s bigger than O`connor, CB.
If Taylors fit, then O`connor at RB.
Just can`t see 3 centre backs.
Forgot Pearson was fit again, needs a re think.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:08 pm

All revolves around Joel Taylor and whether he's fit I suppose.

Otherwise it's same again at the back - Pearson O'Connor Horsfall Taylor.

Hardly expect Klukowski to be selected ahead of the established defenders as he won't have had time to train and get used to his team mates.

Don't see him being able to dislodge any of the midfield - so I guess he's bound for a spell on the bench.
:
Then again this is Harriers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :confused
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:02 pm

I suspect they might be thinking of a midfield of Elton, McQuilks, Croasdale and Klukowski, who would add more physical presence and height to the mix.

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:05 pm

brumkidd wrote:My only query with this loan is that following his time with FGR, he hasn't stayed anywhere very long. Why would that be?

It does worry me when supposedly "good" players are released by clubs on a regular basis.
Apart from two years in the football league with Newport

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:24 pm

HarrierN2 wrote:I suspect they might be thinking of a midfield of Elton, McQuilks, Croasdale and Klukowski, who would add more physical presence and height to the mix.

Absolutely no width, all center mids - looks unbalanced.

Think he might opt for a three C/M - Croasdale, SupaMac & Klukowski and leave Elton on the bench.

That way he could reintroduce Snoopy and Brown to support Joe Ironside.

4:3:3 is all Eustace knows, so it's pointless thinking it will be any thing else.

And of course all 11 back for set pieces :roll:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:53 am

Were we 4-3-3 last game? If we were, who was the third striker?

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:57 am

I think with Taylor and Pearson pushing up they'd be width, we didn't look narrow to me in the highlights for the last game. Plus if people want us to be more solid there has to be some compromise somewhere.

Paulwj
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Paulwj » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:02 am

Would have thought the months loan is to see if he fits in before offering a deal to replace Horsfall whos loan runs out end december ?

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:29 am

HarrierN2 wrote:Were we 4-3-3 last game? If we were, who was the third striker?

Third striker???

Eustace plays with a lone striker and two players out wide - their roles being flexible depending on who is selected.

Elton played a fair amount out wide for the first half against Darlo and was pants, and Brown out wide on the other side.

Second half when Taylor went off the shape changed to the degree that I couldn't tell what formation Harriers were playing, but it certainly wasn't 4. 4. 2

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:31 am

Paulwj wrote:Would have thought the months loan is to see if he fits in before offering a deal to replace Horsfall whos loan runs out end december ?
I thought the plan was to try and retain Horsfall till the end of the season.

Maybe that's changed - which would be a shame as he has been one of the few success's so far.