MotM: 09-02-19 Chester (H) McAlinden

Where you can find all the links to online match resources and Man of the Match polls

Moderator: Phil

Harriers 4 Chester FC 1

Poll ended at Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:24 pm

Brandon Hall
No votes
Sam Austin
No votes
Joel Taylor
5%
Declan Weeks
No votes
Fraser Horsfall
No votes
Ryan Johnson
5%
Nick Clayton-Phillips
No votes
Milan Butterfield
33%
Joe Ironside
5%
Ashley Chambers
No votes
Liam McAlinden
51%
Ed Williams
No votes
Liam Truslove
No votes
Jaiden White
No votes

Total votes: 39

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Re: MotM: 09-02-19 Chester (H)

Post by Phil » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:12 am

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:11 am

Looking at the video - their goal wasn't a good moment for Ryan Johnson - very poor anticipation and let Asante get ahead of him.

MY will no doubt have a word in his ear.
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Sheffield Harrier
Sponsors Milan Butterfield

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:35 am

Thoroughly enjoyable game and performance. More needed please.

Butterfield was excellent and has promise.

Ironside caused problems. We defended well other than the goal (decent finish mind). Taylor was confident and got forward well linking with McAlindon.

harriershane

Post by harriershane » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:02 pm

A convincing 4-1 win and still there’s stuff being thrown at Ryan Johnson, who also scored and had a good game overall. Some people can never do right can they?
He who dares...wins

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:23 pm

harriershane wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:02 pm
A convincing 4-1 win and still there’s stuff being thrown at Ryan Johnson, who also scored and had a good game overall. Some people can never do right can they?
In the team of the week along with McAlinden and Yates.

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/revealed-national-league-north-team-of-the-day-55344

Marcus Garvey
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Marcus Garvey » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:17 pm

Four quality goals
Organisation,shape, balance and purpose to play
Players played in their proper positions
Bounced back after going a goal behind
Full debut from a youngster as good as memory allows
Weekes taken off set pieces after 20 minutes
Joel back
Ed back
Liam outstanding

Happy days.

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: 09-02-19 Chester (H)

Post by ograzebrook » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:56 pm

pershoreharrier wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:38 pm
ograzebrook wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:25 am
I predict ... great things
Owen based on todays performance you can with confidence and not just hope.
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day Pershore.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:06 pm

harriershane wrote:
Do you honestly think MY would allow that sort of defending go without having a word - he switched off and Harriers conceded as a result.

I agree overall he a had a good game - I gave him an '8' but that's not to mean he can improve his game.

Or maybe you don't mind Harriers conceding sloppy goals,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

pershoreharrier

Re: 09-02-19 Chester (H)

Post by pershoreharrier » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:20 pm

ograzebrook wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:56 pm
pershoreharrier wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:38 pm
ograzebrook wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:25 am
I predict ... great things
Owen based on todays performance you can with confidence and not just hope.
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day Pershore.
Owen I think you will out perform a stopped clock by a very significant margin based on what I saw on Saturday - it has taken a lot longer than I would have liked but he has 14 games in which to prove he has the answers - I think he has.

harriershane

Post by harriershane » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:33 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:06 pm
harriershane wrote:
Do you honestly think MY would allow that sort of defending go without having a word - he switched off and Harriers conceded as a result.

I agree overall he a had a good game - I gave him an '8' but that's not to mean he can improve his game.

Or maybe you don't mind Harriers conceding sloppy goals,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Nobody likes sloppy goals to be conceded. You, me, Yates, McFarlane, Gordon, Eustace, Phil, Pershore, random guy on the street etc etc. However, is Ryan the only person to have “erred” in the concession of a poor goal? He isn’t. Yet the guy gets consistently pilloried by a section of the support, which isn’t on imo. He scored and played well, but let’s focus on what he did wrong. If I were to say the same of, for example, Ironside, I’d get laughed out of town and rightly so.
He who dares...wins

spitalfields
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by spitalfields » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:08 pm

harriershane wrote:
Sadly, inadequate people with inadequate lives and virtually no prospect of ever doing anything meaningful with their own existence like to make out they have some value by castigating whichever victim they choose to bully :D
[note smilies mean anyone taking offence must be regarded as the one in the wrong for being a thin skinned snowflake who can't recognise a joke even though the one leaving the smilie will generally be the first to take offence if anyone makes a justified observation about the incongruence of their views and/or behaviour :D]

Zorro

Post by Zorro » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:24 pm

spitalfields wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:08 pm

Sadly, inadequate people with inadequate lives and virtually no prospect of ever doing anything meaningful with their own existence like to make out they have some value by castigating whichever victim they choose to bully :D
[note smilies mean anyone taking offence must be regarded as the one in the wrong for being a thin skinned snowflake who can't recognise a joke even though the one leaving the smilie will generally be the first to take offence if anyone makes a justified observation about the incongruence of their views and/or behaviour :D]
Whilst I may agree with the general sentiment, snide, sarcastic and implied personal attacks on other posters are not appropriate.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:48 pm

spitalfields wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:08 pm
harriershane wrote:
I take it through the innuendo that is meant for me - well guess what, I'm not going to demean my self with type of response you are looking for.

This message board is in danger of disintegrating into a war of personal insults - and it doesn't deserve that - especially after such a good result.

I will give you the last word

andrewb
Reserves
Reserves

Post by andrewb » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:48 am

I believe the last word is now “ zyzzyva “ and I claim it !