Retained lists

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, garthrockett, harriershane

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Retained lists

Post by garthrockett » Fri May 10, 2024 9:19 am

Wikipedia (if you believe it) has 10 appearances and 6 goals for Stourbridge, Hereford 13 and 2, Gloucester 9 and 1.
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Fri May 10, 2024 10:43 am

Halesowen having a clearout?

Is Jack Holmes still what we need?

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Fri May 10, 2024 10:54 am

Wealdstone: https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/post/retained-list-2024

Max Kretschmar knows where the goal is

Sir Luke Medley
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Sir Luke Medley » Fri May 10, 2024 11:01 am

Bit late to the party, but for my part the retained list was about what I expected. As with most people, I am puzzled that Pearce is being kept on and amazed that Palmer has been offered another contract.
Brown's hands have been tied by the terrible recruitment by Penn as a large part of the budget is tied up with players that he clearly doesn't rate (Gold, Phillips and Ox). In an ideal world, perhaps our leading scorer (Hemmo) and our player of the year (AMS) would have been kept on but eased towards being squad players and then two new younger forwards would be brought in (maybe Ebanks from Stratford for example). However, having Gold, Phillips (and to a lessor extent) Hall contracted for next season leaves it difficult to keep our two best forwards despite their advancing years. But losing them (particularly Hemmo as he can play in various positions) will be a mistake in my eyes as what guarantee is there that the new signings will be better? He still scored 15 last season in a higher level with virtually no midfield on the pitch.
One thing I disagree with is that we were defensively good last season. We were not, our centre backs were not good enough to be played in a four at the back system so we had to play 5 at the back with two defensive midfielders (loosely called midfielders apart from Shane) meaning that we often only had 3 attacking players on the pitch. Hardly any wonder we struggled to score or win at home!!
A big priority is to get in two centre backs that are good enough to play in a back four so we can get an extra attacking/creative player on the pitch - especially in the games at Aggborough.
One thing for sure, Brown has a really difficult task ahead. Teams like Brackley and Hereford already have a really strong base for next season and we are miles away from that.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Fri May 10, 2024 1:43 pm

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Fri May 10, 2024 1:50 pm

Jeff King would be ideal, a right back.

Mayo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mayo » Fri May 10, 2024 4:06 pm

Keeper of the fabled Lee Hughes Red Boot, Croasdale #4, Prosser #16 & Bell #14 (very lightly used) shirts.

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Fri May 10, 2024 4:27 pm

Excellent news that. Made an immediate impact when he came and he had a decent season last season. Great news

Bewdleyharrier
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Bewdleyharrier » Fri May 10, 2024 4:42 pm

Happy with Dibble re-signing. Nice to have a some stability in the GK department.

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Fri May 10, 2024 4:55 pm

Signed a two year deal, he would have been one of a very very small handful to attract some attention from the NL IMO. Think this itself shows a sign of intent.

Northern Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Northern Harrier » Fri May 10, 2024 5:11 pm

Sir Luke Medley wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 11:01 am
Bit late to the party, but for my part the retained list was about what I expected. As with most people, I am puzzled that Pearce is being kept on and amazed that Palmer has been offered another contract.
Brown's hands have been tied by the terrible recruitment by Penn as a large part of the budget is tied up with players that he clearly doesn't rate (Gold, Phillips and Ox). In an ideal world, perhaps our leading scorer (Hemmo) and our player of the year (AMS) would have been kept on but eased towards being squad players and then two new younger forwards would be brought in (maybe Ebanks from Stratford for example). However, having Gold, Phillips (and to a lessor extent) Hall contracted for next season leaves it difficult to keep our two best forwards despite their advancing years. But losing them (particularly Hemmo as he can play in various positions) will be a mistake in my eyes as what guarantee is there that the new signings will be better? He still scored 15 last season in a higher level with virtually no midfield on the pitch.
One thing I disagree with is that we were defensively good last season. We were not, our centre backs were not good enough to be played in a four at the back system so we had to play 5 at the back with two defensive midfielders (loosely called midfielders apart from Shane) meaning that we often only had 3 attacking players on the pitch. Hardly any wonder we struggled to score or win at home!!
A big priority is to get in two centre backs that are good enough to play in a back four so we can get an extra attacking/creative player on the pitch - especially in the games at Aggborough.
One thing for sure, Brown has a really difficult task ahead. Teams like Brackley and Hereford already have a really strong base for next season and we are miles away from that.
Excellent post

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Fri May 10, 2024 11:01 pm

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Mon May 13, 2024 11:24 am

Ryan Croasdale leaving Stockport:

maxspeed
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by maxspeed » Mon May 13, 2024 2:08 pm

In a heart beat.

aberred
1st team
1st team

Post by aberred » Mon May 13, 2024 2:25 pm

Pearce won’t be staying on. According to his Instagram.