Season Tickets

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, garthrockett, harriershane

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Season Tickets

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Sat May 18, 2024 9:22 am

Cal's Spongebag wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 9:16 am
wymondham harrier wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 9:42 am
Medieval wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 4:08 pm
wymondham harrier wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 1:10 pm
Not sure I like the trend towards getting rid of concessions for over-60/65 while expanding concessions to under 21/23/25 … yes, I’m old but I’m no Bill Gates and may have to go back down the pit to fund my football habit.
Heard Spurs were doing this, didn’t realise it was a trend.
Having just been relegated, would really rub salt in if RL did this to us.
I posted after Delph Harrier had quoted the prices at newly-demoted Huddersfield - no oldie concessions there, but discounts given for under 23s. Perhaps early days to be called a trend, but I think Spurs have triggered something.

Not wishing to start a Young v Boomer row but the ticket concession at 60/65 is some compensation for bad knees, hair loss and erectile dysfunction (all caused by years watching non-league football on crap terraces and drinking foul brews from filthy tea huts).

Humbug.
I suppose it is the same marketing strategy to that employed by e.g. insurance companies, where better deals are offered to new customers who are more price sensitive. The belief being that old and loyal customers will renew.

I do think that we currently have too big a hike in ticket prices from child to adult. I quite like the Huddersfield model which smooths the transition and is a real incentive to retain younger fans.

I sit on the fence regarding 'pensioners'. While many are not very well off, there are plenty with lots of disposable income.

Maybe there is an opportunity for Wymondham to organise a class action against non-league football clubs for their substandard terracing and poor catering. Although establishing a direct link between that and erectile dysfunction might be difficult to prove.
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sat May 18, 2024 10:02 am

Quality response with the class action Cal.

:like: :like: :like:

North Stand Ultra
Reserves
Reserves

Post by North Stand Ultra » Tue May 21, 2024 2:49 pm

With June not that far off now, do we think there will be no " early bird " offer and it will just be a season ticket and general matchday admission price list that gets released?

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Tue May 21, 2024 3:22 pm

I note we got an alert about the club's commercial offering today, but still nothing about season tickets.

What's the betting the club don't take paydays/planning into account?

Another example of the club being dreadful at planning and taking advantage of good feeling.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Tue May 21, 2024 5:58 pm

North Stand Ultra wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 2:49 pm
With June not that far off now, do we think there will be no " early bird " offer and it will just be a season ticket and general matchday admission price list that gets released?
Perhaps the 'early bird' offer will be up to mid/end of June. There would still be plenty of time till the season begins for full price ST's. Just a suggestion.

teejae
Youth team
Youth team

Post by teejae » Tue May 21, 2024 11:27 pm

Last year Season Ticket Prices were announced on 1st June and early bird prices were held until almost the end of June.

Under this owner there doesn't seem the rush to get money in that there has been under previous owners.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Wed May 22, 2024 10:40 am

But I'd argue last season we announced our season tickets too late. For so long it's felt like matters off the pitch have been left to the last minute, often leaving us playing catchup. It's frustrating it keeps on happening. It's not just about a rush to get money in, but instead a way of slowly creating a buzz ahead of the new season.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Harry Aire
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Aire » Wed May 22, 2024 2:12 pm

I quite agree and it further strengthens my perception that this chairman has a great interest in pleasing his corporate associates/sponsors and everyone else comes a distant second. As you say, it's a familiar pattern.

Mayo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mayo » Wed May 22, 2024 3:52 pm

Again with the 'them and us' nonsense :roll:

If Lane is attracting corporate contacts and associates to sponsor, advertise and otherwise invest in the club, then frankly he is doing a job that he is ideally equipped to do, ultimately to the benefit of our club and playing budget.

I'm sure there will very soon be an early bird season ticket period, hopefully coinciding with the announcement of a decent profile signing.
Keeper of the fabled Lee Hughes Red Boot, Croasdale #4, Prosser #16 & Bell #14 (very lightly used) shirts.

Harry Aire
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Aire » Wed May 22, 2024 5:37 pm

Well some of us would like a chairman who would at least talk to the supporters' trust. If that's nonsense, I'm nonsensical. And yes of course we need sponsors and he does an excellent job with them. I wish he would do a similar job for the grass-roots fans. We aren't bound to praise him for everything are we? Is that what this forum is for?

Mayo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mayo » Wed May 22, 2024 7:06 pm

I agree with you 100%, it would be great if there was dialogue and collaboration between club and KHIST, I can't for the life of me understand why there isn't, but the divisive sentiment that our chairman is somehow 'elite' and above us mere fans helps nothing.

IMO, the more such attitudes are perpetuated, the harder it will be to improve the situation in the long run. Just my 2p, you are of course welcome to yours and equally welcome to challenge my opinions if you don't share them. I believe that's what this forum is for.
Keeper of the fabled Lee Hughes Red Boot, Croasdale #4, Prosser #16 & Bell #14 (very lightly used) shirts.

Harry Aire
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Aire » Wed May 22, 2024 9:55 pm

Can't follow your logic. We have a chairman who from day one has shown no interest in speaking to KHIST and, through the general running of the club, conveys the impression that communication with the fanbase is a low priority. But he might change if people like me shut up and stop criticising him??? Really ?

I will shut up now. What do others think?

(Sorry this is supposed to be a thread about season tickets. I will buy my usual 2 when asked to do so)

Mayo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mayo » Thu May 23, 2024 9:39 am

I feel like we're saying the same thing in different ways actually. Lane has clearly demonstrated that he is effective at bringing in new sponsors and attracting inward investment from local firms. That is clearly where his strengths lie and it is demonstrably where he has been spending the lions share of the time he makes available to Harriers.

Lane will likely never be the charismatic, open and communicative chairman you want him to be, so criticising him for being him seems fairly pointless.

What he is is a competent businessman, so if you genuinely think he considers one of the clubs biggest revenue streams (fans) a low priority, then fair enough, but I don't agree with you. Again, I'm sure a ST communication is imminent.

For me, with PB at the helm, why would Lane feel the need to get anywhere near a microphone to communicate with the fanbase? Brown will do that till the cows come home

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Thu May 23, 2024 6:34 pm

If you're a Dorking fan you can buy a 5 year season ticket that saves you quite a bit but you need to stump £999 up front,

https://dorkingwanderersfc.ktckts.com/package/dor5lcc/5-year-loyalty-card

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Thu May 23, 2024 7:01 pm

We might start pulling a few more Wolves fans in IF we keep our ST prices down;

Wolves U14 family enclosure - Was £105 Now £245 (133% increase)
U21s -Was £382 Now £560 (46% rise)
Adult Family enclosure - Was £635 Now £780 (22% rise)
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022