Where do we go from here then?

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, garthrockett, harriershane

Richard Cranium
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: Where do we go from here then?

Post by Richard Cranium » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:37 pm

It's worth remembering that before we got the cup money and Lolley money there were a few of us worrying about what the financial situation would be.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:03 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:It's worth remembering that before we got the cup money and Lolley money there were a few of us worrying about what the financial situation would be.
And that will have gone towards filling that gap.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Richard Cranium
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Richard Cranium » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:53 pm

Yep, that's what I meant I just couldn't think of the words to sat it!

sandman
1st team
1st team

Post by sandman » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:37 am

I'm glad there are some realistic fans, in fact most are at Aggborough. There are a few here and a few in the stands who seem to be frequenting some other planet. Again, I would say the only differences between us and Hereford United fundamentally are the cup run and a few big transfer sales. Take a look at the amount of money they have been trying to raise, not just now but in the last few seasons. We cannot continue to rely on cup runs (rare), player sales (thanks to the much-maligned management team - it is not just spotting them, they have to be coached and then given the chance to play) and donations. We have to develop talent from the divisions below and Gary Whild has been a major part of that. He deserves the chance to be full-time manager of this football club. HOWEVER I don't believe the budget will be quite as low as some might have you believe but it will be quite obviously reduced. I still think we can target a similar position to this season i.e. a play-off position - because I believe we have the manager, players and the supporters to do that. Buy a season ticket if you can and be proud to be a Harriers fan. I still believe we are the envy of many. :comeonharriers2:

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:17 am

:like: Nice post Sandman.

kiddy guy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by kiddy guy » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:58 am

Just going back to the finances, again the questions is going to be asked - where's the money gone?

I know what the answer is, and my question was somewhat of a leading one to try and prompt a bit of thought.

We've been told numerous times that the club is financially sound, and that the finances would never be risked.

200k from the cup run, 300k for Matt and 250k for Lolley (paid by next Jan, plus add ons?) should be enough to fund this club for 2 decent seasons, combined with gate receipts and money from sponsors, the conference etc...

Yes we've spent money to pay off players/managers, but in terms of the "where do we go from here question?" Yes - it is in part one of manager and players - but the same applies most seasons in terms of what can be improved. The key aspect is the Board and KHIST.

KHIST have been conspicous by their lack of presence - and hence probably why I've never joined them. Great at money raising, but little else.

Through the ex chairman, the club tried better transparency, but through the Steve Burr affair, then Andy Thorn (I'm still absolutely bemused at the sheer lack of due diligence) and the massive question mark over finances, they've shown that they'll discuss what they're allowed to, and not what needs discussing.

I'm amazed that having lied to the fans, or if you're being very generous, shown incredible naivety and lack of clarity, there seems to be as much indifference to their style. I'm still waiting for John Davies to tell us something of note. The board have done a very poor job, yet in effect have ducked below the parapet and continue as per.

Out of interest - Pershore - did you get your question answered?

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:00 pm

kiddy guy wrote:
I'm amazed that having lied to the fans, or if you're being very generous, shown incredible naivety and lack of clarity, there seems to be as much indifference to their style. I'm still waiting for John Davies to tell us something of note. The board have done a very poor job, yet in effect have ducked below the parapet and continue as per.

Out of interest - Pershore - did you get your question answered?
If I had received a reply to my questions then they would have been posted on here - to save you the trouble looking for those replies I can advise that I have heard absolutely nothing.

You could try this as a question - Can the Board explain why KHIST who purchase around £20,000 of KHFC shares per season cannot seem to get a presence on the Board when there are Board Members who I understand have not purchased even one share in KHFC and yet have the power to make fundamental decisions regarding the Football Club some of which they have recently got spectacularly wrong costing the Club many thousands of pounds.

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:45 pm

Ah - Alfreton chairman puts the club up for sale and quotes the old "cut our cloth" saying.

http://www.footballconference.co.uk/news/details.php?news_id=12364

pricey5
1st team
1st team

Post by pricey5 » Thu May 01, 2014 9:14 am

Sheffield Harrier wrote:Ah - Alfreton chairman puts the club up for sale and quotes the old "cut our cloth" saying.

http://www.footballconference.co.uk/news/details.php?news_id=12364
Was expected, they have spent a fair bit of money for a club that only gets 700 at home. It was play-offs or bust and they didn't make the play-offs...

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Thu May 01, 2014 9:47 am

Wasn't Ken Rae a Director at Alfreton for a short while before he joined the Board of KHFC?

pricey5
1st team
1st team

Post by pricey5 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:27 am

pershoreharrier wrote:Wasn't Ken Rae a Director at Alfreton for a short while before he joined the Board of KHFC?
Yes I believe he was.