Dave Pountney

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Re: Dave Pountney

Post by pb12345 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:00 pm

With it being such a busy and important time of the year, think we have to wait patiently for a few days at least, for anything to be looked at/said, if indeed everyone is available to get together to make a statement.

Easy for us to speculate, we will probably get an update after Easter is my guess.

If that makes people unhappy, so be it.

We need to focus on the football for the next few days.

As someone else has said, make an appointment for the next Chairman's surgery and ask the questions.

Unfortunately , loyalty to any large company (including a football club) these days means next to nowt. I and many of my colleagues at a company which will be unnamed, got rid of us after many years loyal service, and replaced us.

Its life these days I'm afraid....

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:09 pm

georged123 wrote:
pershoreharrier wrote:
georged123 wrote:KHIST say there is no longer a role for him at the club.
Sorry to have to correct you BUT your statement above is crucially inaccurate - what KHIST say is that Dave Pountney was told there was no longer a role for him at the Club.

He was not told that by KHIST was he?
I will rephrase it if it makes you feel better, in the KHIST statement it says that, he was told (by the club I presume) that there is no longer a role at the club for him.

Thank you georged123 - I think it is important especially in sensitive matters like this to ensure statements or observations are correctly attributed. Errors in this regard have a habit of completely distorting the facts.

georged123
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by georged123 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:16 pm

pershoreharrier wrote:
georged123 wrote:
pershoreharrier wrote:
Sorry to have to correct you BUT your statement above is crucially inaccurate - what KHIST say is that Dave Pountney was told there was no longer a role for him at the Club.

I will rephrase it if it makes you feel better, in the KHIST statement it says that, he was told (by the club I presume) that there is no longer a role at the club for him.

Thank you georged123 - I think it is important especially in sensitive matters like this to ensure statements or observations are correctly attributed. Errors in this regard have a habit of completely distorting the facts.
Your right Pershore, it's important everyone has all the facts before jumping to conclusions.

Lovejoy
1st team
1st team

Post by Lovejoy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:25 pm

To be honest I would have expected a statement of some sort from either the club or DP.
For the club to say there is no longer a position for him at the club raises a few questions.

1. Dave is currently a board member, will he remain one?
2. Dave's position was that of general manager which, correct me if I'm wrong, is a major one within the club. So does this mean there is no longer a general manager or has someone else been parachuted in.
3. If someone more qualified has been put in the position then surely DP could have been kept on in a different role, commercial maybe?

Questions, questions. . . . . .

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:30 pm

Lovejoy wrote:To be honest I would have expected a statement of some sort from either the club or DP.
For the club to say there is no longer a position for him at the club raises a few questions.

1. Dave is currently a board member, will he remain one?
2. Dave's position was that of general manager which, correct me if I'm wrong, is a major one within the club. So does this mean there is no longer a general manager or has someone else been parachuted in.
3. If someone more qualified has been put in the position then surely DP could have been kept on in a different role, commercial maybe?

Questions, questions. . . . . .

Only question I think we can answer is whether or not he is still on the board.

He was with the fans yesterday instead of with the directors (who were there).

So he is no longer a director, or at least not on good terms with the directors to be in a room with them.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:42 pm

georged123 wrote:
pershoreharrier wrote:
georged123 wrote:
pershoreharrier wrote:

Your right Pershore, it's important everyone has all the facts before jumping to conclusions.
Totally agree georged123 and sadly from what I have been made aware of from a number of reliable sources this whole scenario is not likely to sit well but I intend to await further confirmation preferably from the Club although the silence has a foreboding of ominance.

I am very surprised that there has been no formal Club announcement - when Managers leave for whatever reason the Club makes an announcement - the Managing Director of the Club has just left and no official announcement - not even a thank you and all the best for the future etc.

With the knowledge of the identity of the person replacing Dave Pountney I think this should also be announced formally by the Club.

S2RKK
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by S2RKK » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:45 pm

I don't like to see anybody lose their job but MD's are replaced in industry willy nilly without a by or leave. I worked at a local company that was like watching a revolving door with MD's tooing and froing. The thing is with owners or shareholders if they think that there is somebody better they push them out without any compassion or thought. I'm truly sorry to see Dave go but there is a reason somewhere and the powers that be don't have to tell us.

REMEMBER "THE CLUB MUST BE RUN AS A BUSINESS" somebody once said.

Mystic
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mystic » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:00 am

Good luck in finding a new role Dave and thanks for your hard work whilst working for KHFC.

Over and above that given the sympathy for someone losing their job and the complexities of employment law I'm not sure whether speculating about the rights wrongs and reasons on a public forum is a good idea.

S2RKK
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by S2RKK » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:43 am

:good:
Mystic wrote:Good luck in finding a new role Dave and thanks for your hard work whilst working for KHFC.

Over and above that given the sympathy for someone losing their job and the complexities of employment law I'm not sure whether speculating about the rights wrongs and reasons on a public forum is a good idea.
:good: :good:

P.Underwood
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by P.Underwood » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:01 pm

I noticed in Fridays programme DP's name was no longer listed in any role on the club directory on the inside cover & also no mention throughout the programme.
As CG made a big issue of there being a lot more transparancy with supporters at the Pre season fans forum after the Fane issue i think it's disappointing.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:29 pm

P.Underwood wrote:I noticed in Fridays programme DP's name was no longer listed in any role on the club directory on the inside cover & also no mention throughout the programme.
As CG made a big issue of there being a lot more transparancy with supporters at the Pre season fans forum after the Fane issue i think it's disappointing.
So who is the Commercial Manager? I assume we still intend to have revenue streams from Commercial activity?

Harrier1994
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harrier1994 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:38 pm

pershoreharrier wrote:
P.Underwood wrote:I noticed in Fridays programme DP's name was no longer listed in any role on the club directory on the inside cover & also no mention throughout the programme.
So who is the Commercial Manager? I assume we still intend to have revenue streams from Commercial activity?
Has Colin Gordon's daughter taken that role?

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:38 pm

Maybe it's a question for some one to ask at CG's end of season 'surgery' - now all we need is a volunteer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Maybe one of those that keep pressing me to sign up should set an example,,,,,,,,,,,, : phone_3 :
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:08 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:Maybe it's a question for some one to ask at CG's end of season 'surgery' - now all we need is a volunteer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Maybe one of those that keep pressing me to sign up should set an example,,,,,,,,,,,, : phone_3 :

No need surely as I thought the Commercial Manager would be named in the matchday programme? Whilst I buy a matchday programme I never get to read it as it heads south after the game. Perhaps someone could check their Boston matchday programme - thanks.

Bigfoot
1st team
1st team

Post by Bigfoot » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:15 pm

Dave was listed as Managing Director in the Halifax programme but there is no listing for a Managing Director in the Boston programme.