Dave Pountney

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

sandman
1st team
1st team

Re: Dave Pountney

Post by sandman » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:03 pm

Dave has not made the post public, I can't see it, just for friends. Why doesn't someone who knows him - and there seems to be a few here - ask him what has gone on and then post the response here if he wishes? And I'm guessing he doesn't want to or can't comment or he'd have posted himself by now. I agree the club should have released a statement on this by now if only to say he has left and whether they intend to replace him or already have done. It's very amateurish bearing in mind he had a key position at the club. But then I think you will find football clubs are happy to discuss matters publicly only when it suits them : phone_3 :

millzeuk
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by millzeuk » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:28 am

When senior management leave, especially within an industry which is subject to a reasonable amount of publicity, it is common to find a confidentiality clause inserted in any agreement between the employer and employee, often done so to benefit both parties.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:13 pm

Latest statement from KHIST:
In response to questions raised by members and other Harriers’ supporters regarding Dave Pountney’s unexpected departure from the Club, we recently made clear that neither of our two representatives on the KHFC board were involved in the making of that decision. We do understand the concerns being expressed by some members and their expectation that we should be able to throw some light on the situation, but, in the absence of an official statement from the club and with no further information having become available, we have been unable to offer a reliable explanation.

However, we have now been made aware that John Davies, who also had no involvement in Dave’s departure, has more recently tendered his resignation from the KHFC board. John has informed us that he had had a meeting with the Chairman during which he disagreed with the reasons he was given to justify the club’s decision and, in consequence, he had no option but to resign with immediate effect. John still loves the club he’s supported for such a long time and has confirmed that he has already renewed, and paid, for his 2017/18 season shirt sponsorship.

Dave Pountney is well known and respected by Harriers’ fans. The club has been an important part of his life as a loyal supporter for over 25 years and he’s a former KHIST Chairman, having been heavily involved in the establishment of the 2020 lottery. Dave was awarded the accolade of ‘Clubman of the Year’ for the 2014/15 season and in June 2015, he joined the club for a very successful spell as Commercial Manager. More recently, that success was recognised when in November 2015 he was appointed Managing Director.

John is also a former KHIST board member who has previously represented the Trust on the KHFC board. He has, in fact, served two terms on the Harriers Board (from January 2012 to April 2015 and from July 2016 until his recent resignation). However, he’s perhaps better known to fans for his 20 plus years of dedication to our football club, as a major sponsor and benefactor, having also sponsored the shirts for ten seasons since 2002.

On behalf of our members, we would like to thank both Dave and John for all they have done for KHIST and for our football club. They have our utmost respect. We will continue to see them regularly at Aggborough, as two of the Harriers’ most loyal supporters.

Postscript

Following the departures of Dave Pountney and John Davies, we regret to inform our members that the KHIST Board has now been made aware that, with effect from the end of the current season, Geoff Coles, Dave Williams and Mick Morris are all being ‘removed’ from the KHFC Board. We are extremely disappointed with this sad state of affairs, as all of these individuals have contributed massively to the fortunes of our club.

Supporters’ representation on the KHFC board took many years to achieve, during which the Trust was called upon to bail out the club on more than one occasion. Even in this past 12 months KHIST investment in the club, on behalf of its members, has amounted to some £29,500, part of an overall investment in excess of £200,000, giving the club’s supporters a significant shareholding.

The Trust’s KHFC board representatives are unpaid volunteers who have worked tirelessly for the benefit of our football club. We very much hope that their imminent removal from the board will not endanger the hard earned, mutual trust and co-operation that has existed between the independent supporters’ trust and the club in recent years.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:16 pm

And the answer is KHIST. Keep yer money in yer pocket

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:22 pm

Oh isn't Colin wonderful? What a wonderful chap he is. How open, accountable and willing to be held account by the fans. By kicking KHIST off the board he's been shown up for what he is. At least will retain the I in their name, but progress has been set back.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

sprials
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by sprials » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:31 pm

harry211 wrote:Oh isn't Colin wonderful? What a wonderful chap he is. How open, accountable and willing to be held account by the fans. By kicking KHIST off the board he's been shown up for what he is. At least will retain the I in their name, but progress has been set back.

and the it all starts again...
youth team....THE WAY FORWARD

grassroots is where it all starts, support it before it's too late

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:34 pm

Was CG wearing Caesars toga in that video. Or Stalins moustache?

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:35 am

I want to hear from all of CKG's acolytes and their views on the latest news.

Be interesting to see/hear how they spin things.

Timing on this isn't great is it.
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:12 am

redandwhitemike wrote:I want to hear from all of CKG's acolytes and their views on the latest news.

Be interesting to see/hear how they spin things.

Timing on this isn't great is it.
Probably best that we all reserve judgement where possible. I agree about the timing, although this should not have an effect on the playing staff.

I've met Dave, nice guy, but I don't know him and never worked with him so I have no idea about the justification for his departure.

Regarding KHIST; I am a paid up member and lottery player (always will be) and I liked the idea of them being on the board as a bit of a barometer for sensible government. However, there have been many on this forum who have often asked what influence they had and what difference they made during periods of change in the past. Again, as I don't know first hand, I can't really offer an opinion.

We are being run as an autocracy effectively and that can go one of two ways (obviously). Colin has a strong vision of the direction he wants to take the club and I believe he is sincere in his commitment. Whatever you say about his politics, one thing that comes through in his interviews is that he is balls deep in the club, rather than a figurehead who has bigger commitments outside of KHFC. He's a different kettle of fish to Serrell or Norgrove (can you imagine either of those rolling up their sleeves and taking control of the first team managment for a few months?). I also suspect he has put a fair bit of his own cash into the club.

I'm not overly concerned at the moment. I'm hoping for Peter the Great rather than Ivan the Terrible.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:05 am

Picking up the point made about KHIST influence on the board, raises a couple of points.

If they have zero input why does our chairman want rid, and secondly if other directors have similar influence on decision making why have a board of directors at all.

I would have thought (only a guess) that all the KHIST board members would contribute a darn sight more (in all aspects) than our
illustrious Vice Chairman. :crying:

There is one positive to come out of this - when the time comes all said 'ex directors' will have at least gained some valuable experience in how to run the club - should they be called upon to do so : phone_1 :
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale