Dave Pountney

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Dave Pountney

Post by pershoreharrier » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:48 pm

Sir Luke Medley wrote: I have to say I am very disappointed and concerned to hear this news. Whilst CG is free to appoint who he wants as the major shareholder, I feel this is very much an own goal. Everyone who has been a Harriers fan for a while knows and appreciates all that Dave has done for the club over the years. I fail to see there is anyone better to go to the community to sell the club than him due to the respect he has gained from (nearly) everyone. Good luck for the future and I hope you find an employer that deserves you.
I will second that Sir Luke Medley.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:33 pm

This is on the KHIST website but you have to be registered to see it. I feel that shouldn't be the case and the statement should be free for everyone to view.
KHIST STATEMENT : DAVE POUNTNEY

Members of the KHIST Board met briefly, after yesterday’s 2020 Lottery draw, to consider our response to Dave’s recent disclosure that he is no longer employed by Kidderminster Harriers, having been told that there is no longer a role for him with the club.

Apparently the decision was taken before the recent KHFC AGM but, for reasons unknown, this was not publicised further until Dave broke the news to his friends. The KHIST Board wishes to make clear to our members, and other Harriers supporters, that neither of our KHFC board representatives (Geoff Coles and Dave Williams) were involved in the making of this decision.

We would now ask our members to bear with us for a short while, whilst we ascertain the true facts. We will then make a further, informed statement, as soon as possible.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:03 pm

Are we witnessing the the 'Trumpesque' way of doing things at KHFC now?

After all most of his family seem to have a role at The White House :lol:

Can't wait to hear CG's explanation for why there was not a role for Maton any more - when three months ago he was doing so well in the role he was given ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :wall:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:37 am

Maton was standing with the away fans today. Good to have you back kind, Sir!

Good to see KHIST are looking into it.

But very worrying that none of OUR representatives knew anything about the lay off, until now?!?!?!?!?! How is that even possible?!?!

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:56 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:
Can't wait to hear CG's explanation for why there was not a role for Maton any more - when three months ago he was doing so well in the role he was given ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :wall:

I would not hold my breath on that. What on earth leads you to expect an explanation from the owner and major shareholder as to his decisions how his football club should be run. :keepup:

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:49 pm

pershoreharrier wrote:
redandwhitemike wrote:

I would not hold my breath on that. What on earth leads you to expect an explanation from the owner and major shareholder as to his decisions how his football club should be run. :keepup:
I guess it's got something to do with how CG keeps banging on about being 'open' and 'having nothing to hide',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

A big ERRRrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmm :roll:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:55 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:
pershoreharrier wrote:
redandwhitemike wrote:

I guess it's got something to do with how CG keeps banging on about being 'open' and 'having nothing to hide',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Wouldn't write that Mike.

You'll get a board member ring you up telling you to shut up.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:01 pm

Jackygold55 wrote:
redandwhitemike wrote:
pershoreharrier wrote:
redandwhitemike wrote:

Wouldn't write that Mike.

You'll get a board member ring you up telling you to shut up.

However, to do that you need the phone number - somehow I don't think Mike will be getting the call!!

georged123
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by georged123 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:43 pm

KHIST say there is no longer a role for him at the club.

Despite the club being hard up, should we continue to keep people on the payroll that are not deemed necessary?

georged123
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by georged123 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:44 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:
pershoreharrier wrote:
redandwhitemike wrote:

I take it you will be contacting the club and asking for a meeting with CG at the next possible date?

: phone_3 :

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:08 pm

georged123 wrote:KHIST say there is no longer a role for him at the club.
Sorry to have to correct you BUT your statement above is crucially inaccurate - what KHIST say is that Dave Pountney was told there was no longer a role for him at the Club.

He was not told that by KHIST was he?

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:24 pm

georged123 wrote:
redandwhitemike wrote:
pershoreharrier wrote:
redandwhitemike wrote:

I take it you will be contacting the club and asking for a meeting with CG at the next possible date?

Nerve touched ??

I'm amazed some come on here and try to defend the indefensible.

No doubt the truth will out in time.

I would have thought being managing director at a football club was THE most important position in the day to day running of the club ?

While we are on the subject of roles and no longer being required, just what does Rod Brown do these days?

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:32 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:
georged123 wrote:
redandwhitemike wrote:
pershoreharrier wrote:
redandwhitemike wrote:

Nerve touched ??

I would have thought being managing director at a football club was THE most important position in the day to day running of the club ?

While we are on the subject of roles and no longer being required, just what does Rod Brown do these days?
I appreciate what your saying RAWM. But no one here, bar maybe Phil and Maton know why he was ousted.

So maybe it's time to sit back, wait for KHIST to work their magic, and wait for news instead of accusing our CHAIRMAN of treachery.

Has anyone any evidence that Dave was ousted for any other reason than there maybe someone better for the job? If so, please do come forward. Otherwise just wait for news.

georged123
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by georged123 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:41 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:Nerve touched ??

Your the one who seems to have such an issue with this yet you have the opportunity to contact the club and get some answers but seem more willing to carry on with this faux outrage.

You could even ask them what Rod Brown does at the club too.

georged123
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by georged123 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:46 pm

pershoreharrier wrote:
georged123 wrote:KHIST say there is no longer a role for him at the club.
Sorry to have to correct you BUT your statement above is crucially inaccurate - what KHIST say is that Dave Pountney was told there was no longer a role for him at the Club.

He was not told that by KHIST was he?
I will rephrase it if it makes you feel better, in the KHIST statement it says that, he was told (by the club I presume) that there is no longer a role at the club for him.