Dave Pountney

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Dave Pountney

Post by Phil » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:48 pm

Dave announced on his Facebook account earlier that he is no longer employed by Kidderminster Harriers. His post has now been filled by someone else.

Lovejoy
1st team
1st team

Re: Dave Pountney

Post by Lovejoy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:49 pm

If this is true then it is very sad news. :(

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:53 pm

Totally shocked at this news. A totally committed Harriers man. Why has this not been posted on the main site together with a full explanation?

Zorro
1st team
1st team

Post by Zorro » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:51 pm

I have been told that the Chairman thought he was not up to the job in hand.

Whether that is true or not I do not know.

Nice bloke

As someome else said - Harriers through and through

His family have been through a lot.

After all of that I hope that does not leave them with any financial problems.

Club has a responsibility to look after one of its own
Last edited by Zorro on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sprials
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by sprials » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Zorro wrote:I have been told that the Chairman thought he was not up to the job in hand.

Whether that is true or not I do not know.

Nice bloke

As someome else said - Hariers through and through

His family have been through a lot.

After all of that I hope that does not leave them with any financial problems.

Club has a responsibility to look after one of its own

chairman's/owner daughter now MD then??
youth team....THE WAY FORWARD

grassroots is where it all starts, support it before it's too late

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:16 pm

Nepotism rules then. Come back Maton we need you on here. You'll always be top guy with us Dave.

Really disappointed that this thread has already had 185 views yes only 5 people consider it worthy of comment.

Majestic
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Majestic » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:00 am

Our loss will definitely be someone else's gain. Top guy with Harriers stamped through the middle of him. Good luck for the future Dave.
Awaiting keenly for Flash's explanation - this decision has done a lot to undermine all the previous good work; I just have a feeling we haven't seen an end to further 'piper calling the tune' decisions which will start alienating the fans.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:35 am

Does seem a strange one.

How does this sit with KHIST now - representation on the board being culled, assuming Maton was seen as fulfilling said position.

Scapegoat for financial under performance ?

Just when the club is on the verge of success......................

Positive it ain't Mr Chairman.
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:15 am

I have very little knowledge of the machinations within the club, but saddened and disappointed if this is true.
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:05 am

A club statement MUST be made on this, it's too big not to.

Dave is kiddy through and through, but that doesn't mean he should have job security for life. If someone can do a better job, then Colin has every right to search that avenue.

But, before we're all hasty here. Let's give Dave and the club time, as always, the truth will out.

matttrolli
Reserves
Reserves

Post by matttrolli » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:34 am

Colgofray wrote:Nepotism rules then. Come back Maton we need you on here. You'll always be top guy with us Dave.

Really disappointed that this thread has already had 185 views yes only 5 people consider it worthy of comment.
Whilst I have followed the Harriers intently from the age of around 8, I have little knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes for one reason or another. Could someone fill in the gaps in my knowledge regarding this news please?

Northern Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Northern Harrier » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:43 am

Jackygold55 wrote:A club statement MUST be made on this, it's too big not to.

Dave is kiddy through and through, but that doesn't mean he should have job security for life. If someone can do a better job, then Colin has every right to search that avenue.

But, before we're all hasty here. Let's give Dave and the club time, as always, the truth will out.
This.

For all we know it is a different role / direction that the club want from him, and as such he has decided to step down. Steve Thomas was / is Kiddy through and through and works on a bigger stage now so its not all doom and gloom!

georged123
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by georged123 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:47 am

Majestic wrote:Our loss will definitely be someone else's gain. Top guy with Harriers stamped through the middle of him. Good luck for the future Dave.
Awaiting keenly for Flash's explanation - this decision has done a lot to undermine all the previous good work; I just have a feeling we haven't seen an end to further 'piper calling the tune' decisions which will start alienating the fans.
Does the chairman now have to run all his decisions past the fans first and get approval?

Seems like many are jumping to conclusions and demanding information about events that really they have no business in. If either side wishes to shed more light then that's upto them.

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:55 am

georged123 wrote:
Majestic wrote:Our loss will definitely be someone else's gain. Top guy with Harriers stamped through the middle of him. Good luck for the future Dave.
Does the chairman now have to run all his decisions past the fans first and get approval?

Seems like many are jumping to conclusions and demanding information about events that really they have no business in. If either side wishes to shed more light then that's upto them.
Fans are majority stakeholders and probably the most important asset to our club. To not make a statement on a fan being removed from his duties at said club would be counter productive to Colin Gordon's methodology.

georged123
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by georged123 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:05 pm

Jackygold55 wrote:
georged123 wrote:

Fans are majority stakeholders and probably the most important asset to our club. To not make a statement on a fan being removed from his duties at said club would be counter productive to Colin Gordon's methodology.
I would expect a statement or comment from the club in due course, perhaps some people could just hold their horses before jumping to the default position of attacking the club with virtually no information to back them up.

I also find it insenstive to use a public forum to discuss the reasons why someone that many people on this forum know has lost his job, especially with comments that the club has found someone better for the role.