Another CG State of the Nation

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Another CG State of the Nation

Post by Phil » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:52 pm

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Another CG State of the Nation

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:32 pm

Who's bright idea was that, to do the interview outside on such a windy day ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

But I think I did catch CG suggesting that Harriers might just play a little more direct at times, - well well - there is a Plan 'B' after all. :lol:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:35 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:Who's bright idea was that, to do the interview outside on such a windy day ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

But I think I did catch CG suggesting that Harriers might just play a little more direct at times, - well well - there is a Plan 'B' after all. :lol:
Probably someone from Sadlers Brewery :yay:

The usual polished & positive performance, can`t really argue with any of it. Particularly the preparation for next season.

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:40 am

And excellent news about a few more players signing up for next season.
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin

TJU'S
1st team
1st team

Post by TJU'S » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:52 pm

Comes across well despite the wind. It all sounds as if the club is going in the right direction both on and off the pitch

steve555
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by steve555 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:38 pm

More than one way needed to win matches? That sort of talk would get me back up there.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:32 pm

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:39 pm

Excellent one at that!

Answered a few of my worries regarding Andre

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:08 pm

RE Andre Brown

As suggested by some on here, it seems that the chance of making a buck takes priority over furthering the progress of the club.

I understand completely the argument - players wouldn't come to Aggborough otherwise,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

As for addressing the resignations of his directors - I think I detected a veiled reference in there somewhere - about believing in the project and having having a reason to get up in the morning,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Or have I misinterpreted that???

Would have been a perfect platform to set the record straight and tell the fans what's going on.

I wonder who will be the shirt sponsor for next season?

Obviously CKG has another main sponsor already lined up and no doubt prepared to cough up a larger wodge.

WCFC all over again ???
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:16 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:RE Andre Brown

As suggested by some on here, it seems that the chance of making a buck takes priority over furthering the progress of the club.
???
Mike

If Andre goes for arguments sake 1 million, and 65% is ploughed back in to the budget, what part of that is not furthering the progress of the club?

GloucesterHarrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by GloucesterHarrier » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:54 pm

Another good insightful update; I've been and continue to be impressed by CG; as he said in the video he's new to all this as well. No doubt he has and will continue to make mistakes, but it's those mistakes we learn by.

As a business leader you have to make difficult decisions, they won't always be popular but you have to, if you don't you'll fail - simple.

He cleared up the A.Brown situation and IMO the club have dealt with it just as I'd wish. You can't have your cake and eat it.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:13 pm

pb12345 wrote:

???
Mike

If Andre goes for arguments sake 1 million, and 65% is ploughed back in to the budget, what part of that is not furthering the progress of the club?

Forgive me for being more than a little suspicious of the motives, but furthering the progress of the club just at this minute concerns the next few games - I hope that Brown will be fit for the play offs and there are no issues from the 'trial' match.

IMO it was a gamble by CKG to risk him at this stage of the season.

As for the valuation of Andre Brown - I like your optimism :lol:

Gman
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Gman » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:49 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:
pb12345 wrote:

???
Mike

Forgive me for being more than a little suspicious of the motives, but furthering the progress of the club just at this minute concerns the next few games - I hope that Brown will be fit for the play offs and there are no issues from the 'trial' match.

IMO it was a gamble by CKG to risk him at this stage of the season.

As for the valuation of Andre Brown - I like your optimism :lol:
Would you rather have a dejected/demotivated Andre who feels he has been denied an opportunity that he was promised or a happy and motivated striker eager to show what he can do in the knowledge that he is likely to progress into league football?? I know what my choice would be. Every player is here to develop a career and progress.

sandman
1st team
1st team

Post by sandman » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:08 pm

You can't deny a kid a chance at a Premier League club. He's not a starter although a successful impact sub. Players can get injured in training, they'd much rather play games too. Think CG knows what he's doing here to be fair to him. :flag:

dastrix
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by dastrix » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:12 am

Absolute shite again, played down play off chances and promotion once again. If we don't get promoted this season its a failure and fans will start to drop off.

As for Andre Brown situation I have no problem in players leaving we are a selling club end of.

Also the comment about the football being played, I belive that the football under SB was streets ahead of what i am seeing on a weekly basis.