KHIST Statement

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: KHIST Statement

Post by ograzebrook » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:21 am

Just going to re post this from the DP thread:

Probably best that we all reserve judgement where possible. I agree about the timing, although this should not have an effect on the playing staff.

I've met Dave, nice guy, but I don't know him and never worked with him so I have no idea about the justification for his departure.

Regarding KHIST; I am a paid up member and lottery player (always will be) and I liked the idea of them being on the board as a bit of a barometer for sensible government. However, there have been many on this forum who have often asked what influence they had and what difference they made during periods of change in the past. Again, as I don't know first hand, I can't really offer an opinion.

We are being run as an autocracy effectively and that can go one of two ways (obviously). Colin has a strong vision of the direction he wants to take the club and I believe he is sincere in his commitment. Whatever you say about his politics, one thing that comes through in his interviews is that he is balls deep in the club, rather than a figurehead who has bigger commitments outside of KHFC. He's a different kettle of fish to Serrell or Norgrove (can you imagine either of those rolling up their sleeves and taking control of the first team managment for a few months?). I also suspect he has put a fair bit of his own cash into the club.

I'm not overly concerned at the moment. I'm hoping for Peter the Great rather than Ivan the Terrible.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:27 am

I don't quite follow what you are saying? or if you have misunderstood what i am saying.

What i was trying to say is that KHIST now need a war chest for when / if it all goes belly up.

Much like when KHIST raised 50k to pay debts back in 2011.
sorry mate, I completely agree with you.
There's no obligation for KHIST to donate any money to a playing budget or the club in general.
Either a war chest in anticipation of future potential issues, or as in the past the monies raised continue to buy up shares in the club- until at some stage KHIST is the major shareholder.....or the last man standing? :~
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

sprials
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by sprials » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:28 am

garthrockett wrote:
I don't quite follow what you are saying? or if you have misunderstood what i am saying.

What i was trying to say is that KHIST now need a war chest for when / if it all goes belly up.

There's no obligation for KHIST to donate any money to a playing budget or the club in general.
Either a war chest in anticipation of future potential issues, or as in the past the monies raised continue to buy up shares in the club- until at some stage KHIST is the major shareholder.....or the last man standing? :~

:like:
youth team....THE WAY FORWARD

grassroots is where it all starts, support it before it's too late

georged123
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by georged123 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:46 am

ograzebrook wrote:Just going to re post this from the DP thread:

Probably best that we all reserve judgement where possible. I agree about the timing, although this should not have an effect on the playing staff.

I've met Dave, nice guy, but I don't know him and never worked with him so I have no idea about the justification for his departure.

Regarding KHIST; I am a paid up member and lottery player (always will be) and I liked the idea of them being on the board as a bit of a barometer for sensible government. However, there have been many on this forum who have often asked what influence they had and what difference they made during periods of change in the past. Again, as I don't know first hand, I can't really offer an opinion.

We are being run as an autocracy effectively and that can go one of two ways (obviously). Colin has a strong vision of the direction he wants to take the club and I believe he is sincere in his commitment. Whatever you say about his politics, one thing that comes through in his interviews is that he is balls deep in the club, rather than a figurehead who has bigger commitments outside of KHFC. He's a different kettle of fish to Serrell or Norgrove (can you imagine either of those rolling up their sleeves and taking control of the first team managment for a few months?). I also suspect he has put a fair bit of his own cash into the club.

I'm not overly concerned at the moment. I'm hoping for Peter the Great rather than Ivan the Terrible.
Totally agree with this comment.

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:46 am

KHIST have ensured that KHFC continue to exist, which is MASSIVELY appreciated. I am sure they will continue to support the club in exactly the Same way as before they were on the board.

Things such as helping to buy players / loans.

Evidenced by the previous 12 months or so, it's not unreasonable to support CG in his "10 year plan".

Judge him on the following years, continue to support KHIST as we always did before. That is my view and "plan"

howells
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by howells » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:55 am

Remember Wot CG said Rob. Could this have anything to do with that.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:05 pm

KHIST have ensured that KHFC continue to exist, which is MASSIVELY appreciated. I am sure they will continue to support the club in exactly the Same way as before they were on the board.

Things such as helping to buy players / loans.

Evidenced by the previous 12 months or so, it's not unreasonable to support CG in his "10 year plan".

Judge him on the following years, continue to support KHIST as we always did before. That is my view and "plan"
With all due respect pb, surely a condition of that support (implied or otherwise) was that KHIST could be fully represented and privy to decisions involving the future welfare of the club. With the imminent "removal" of said representatives I would suggest any direct financial commitment by KHIST (and its members) to the club would need to be seriously reviewed.
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:12 pm

garthrockett wrote:

CKG has clearly stated he doesn't want the business to rely on ''gate receipts and beer'' so one would assume he's also including KHIST donations under the same condition.

It will be very interesting to see if KHIST have a plan for the future and how things are at KHFC, when the ousted directors report back.

Maybe that's one reason why they are no longer wanted by CKG - just a thought.
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:10 pm

Frankly I am not surprised it has come to this but it is CG's business and thoughts, advice, guidance from others not of his direct choosing is perceived as irrelevant.

However, the £20,000 + a year being the Lottery money after costs (and which secured the two KHIST reps on the KHFC Board) lies within the favour of KHIST and whether or not they pass that money over to CG to use as he sees fit for the KHFC business.

I made my decision about that sometime ago when I felt I could see the way things were going and I cancelled my monthly KHIST Lottery subscription.

The announcement that the KHIST money would most recently be used to install the lift seemed a little odd as to enhance the squad for the play-offs the Crowdfunder was launched but be that as it may. I have not been in the Aggborough Suite for a while so am not sure if the lift has been installed - perhaps someone could advise. If it hasn't then maybe KHIST should examine their position regarding any written assurances they may have been given as to the use of that money. I have a concern though that no written undertaking was given and therefore they have no recourse to recover the money or see it used for the purpose it was given.

As for the future maybe KHFC might decide to run its own Lottery and deny KHIST that opportunity to run its independent Lottery on KHFC property unless KHIST pay so much into KHFC funds. Either way my decision regarding supporting the Lottery will be unaffected.

Finally on one slightly related point on Director survival - does anyone know if Wayne Allen has been culled in this latest blood letting or does he survive yet again based on his position on the Conference Board.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:52 pm

Pershore : you make a very interesting point with regards to any understanding regarding monies given to KHFC by KHIST and how it would be spent IF the 'agreement' was for it's use as you indicated.

Raises again the rationale behind the Crowdfunding, if the KHIST money was intended to go towards the playing budget.

I some how doubt CKG would impose conditions on the KHIST lottery if donations to the club were withheld.

It's great shame that all this huha has broken just now, when Harriers are on the verge of success - not clever timing.
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

AGKman
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by AGKman » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:33 pm

Talking of communication & Directors resigning and the like--- I assume that in the event KHIST themselves had Directors resign from their Board, they'd be as communicative as they want CKG to be and tell us if some have gone and why?

Nevermind Harriers but is the KHIST house itself in good shape? Did their Board all give their support to this statement? Be good to know if it is from all of KHIST or just some : phone_3 : : phone_3 : : phone_3 : : phone_3 : : phone_3 : : phone_3 : : phone_1 : : phone_1 : : phone_1 : : phone_1 : : phone_1 : : phone_1 : : phone_3 : : phone_3 : : phone_3 : : phone_1 : : phone_1 : : phone_1 : : phone_1 : : phone_3 : : phone_3 : : phone_3 : : phone_3 :
Born Green & White; will die Red & White

Harry Aire
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Aire » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:41 pm

This all reminds me of the day I read the thread about Burr going for an interview at Forest Green. The beginning of the end of yet another cataclysmic episode in the life of this club. I'm not sure we can withstand another crisis either.

Openness Mr Gordon - Really? Watching your recent performance with the very friendly vetted questions and some pretty bland answers (Yes we know we fans are all brilliant) reminded me of a leader in a one-party state speaking over the state broadcasting channel.

We're not daft Mr Gordon. Removing the KHIST reps after all they've done for this club is just outrageous. Your failure to explain this and your other recent decisions suggests an agenda we know nothing of yet.

And the timing. Why tear a gaping hole in the club now as we go into the play-offs? Is some kind of retreat being prepared? Who knows? It's all guesswork. We've been here before. Openness promised. Autocracy and censorship delivered. As I have said many, many, many times before - the fans deserve better.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:01 pm

Harry Aire wrote:This all reminds me of the day I read the thread about Burr going for an interview at Forest Green. The beginning of the end of yet another cataclysmic episode in the life of this club. I'm not sure we can withstand another crisis either.

Openness Mr Gordon - Really? Watching your recent performance with the very friendly vetted questions and some pretty bland answers (Yes we know we fans are all brilliant) reminded me of a leader in a one-party state speaking over the state broadcasting channel.

We're not daft Mr Gordon. Removing the KHIST reps after all they've done for this club is just outrageous. Your failure to explain this and your other recent decisions suggests an agenda we know nothing of yet.

And the timing. Why tear a gaping hole in the club now as we go into the play-offs? Is some kind of retreat being prepared? Who knows? It's all guesswork. We've been here before. Openness promised. Autocracy and censorship delivered. As I have said many, many, many times before - the fans deserve better.

Hear hear :like: :like:

Tamworth Harrier
1st team
1st team

Post by Tamworth Harrier » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:12 pm

Harry Aire wrote:This all reminds me of the day I read the thread about Burr going for an interview at Forest Green. The beginning of the end of yet another cataclysmic episode in the life of this club. I'm not sure we can withstand another crisis either.

Couldnt agree more :like: :like:

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:23 pm

I will second that.