KHIST Statement

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: KHIST Statement

Post by harry211 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:06 pm

But Colin's so willing to answer questions, and do videos? Why are people worried that he doesn't want to be held to account.

It's a sign of how he views the fans, holds them in contempt and occasionally a necessary inconvenience. Really sad, because prior to the news about Dave I was shifting my opinion about him, not that it'll matter.

Interesting to see how the next few weeks pan out. Reaction to the business plan will be interesting. Perhaps another sign that fans are there to be treated like school pupils. :twisted:
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

dastrix
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by dastrix » Tue May 02, 2017 8:39 am

I said it when he took over and ill say it again, i would not trust Colin Gordon with my grandmother.

My fears are starting to come true.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Tue May 02, 2017 9:20 am

Can we please stop the personal insults towards the various people involved in this please. (Yes, I know I mentioned Serrell at the start and it was wrong of me)

Being likened to Kim Jong-un, and comments about not being trusted with relatives, is not the way we want things done on here so can we please keep all such comments off here. I don't want to have to start censoring the forum but it's beginning to head that way.

Thanks, Phil

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Tue May 02, 2017 10:27 am

Phil wrote:Can we please stop the personal insults towards the various people involved in this please. (Yes, I know I mentioned Serrell at the start and it was wrong of me)

Being likened to Kim Jong-un, and comments about not being trusted with relatives, is not the way we want things done on here so can we please keep all such comments off here. I don't want to have to start censoring the forum but it's beginning to head that way.

Thanks, Phil
:like:

S2RKK
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by S2RKK » Tue May 02, 2017 1:17 pm

ograzebrook wrote:
Phil wrote:Can we please stop the personal insults towards the various people involved in this please. (Yes, I know I mentioned Serrell at the start and it was wrong of me)

Thanks, Phil

dastrix
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by dastrix » Tue May 02, 2017 6:57 pm

My apologies

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Tue May 02, 2017 7:01 pm

dastrix wrote:My apologies
Thank you :like:

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:44 pm

Well done and said Phil!!

Getting pretty sick of the personal insults of late on here.

Would I blame Colin if he packed it all in? NO. Then where would we be.

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:58 pm

Lovejoy wrote:Following the non statement from KHIST there has been rumour on top of rumour which from the clubs point of view is unhelpful at a critical time of the season.
Why all this couldn't have waited until the season was done and dusted I don't know.
Whatever the reasons for his decisions we can all agree that the timing has been awful from CG.
Colin has every right to employ whoever he wants in any position he chooses and although in a normal company nobody would really bat an eyelid when it comes to a football club where the fanbase has invested so much emotion over the years things are different.
I am really surprised that Colin does not appear to understand this, especially since he has been in and around football for most of his life.
Football clubs ARE different to ANY other business and the PR side must be handled in a more sensitive manner.

Having said that I think Colin is here for the long haul, he has invested significant amounts of money and time in our little club at a time when I'm sure from a financial point of view didn't need to.
He has a vision for the club which I am firmly behind and will back with my own small contributions of time and money.
I will continue to be investing in ground board and other advertising at the club and for the first time in many years I have purchased a season ticket for me and my son.

Maybe I'm a rose tinted spectacles type to other fans because I try to always see the positive, but let's be realistic here, we fans including KHIST do not have the time, money or expertise to take over and run the club so maybe we should just cut CG a little slack here.

I have always had reservations concerning fan representation on the board. What decisions are made in the boardroom should always remain confidential, so whatever KHIST reps learn cannot be passed on. So for me a better way forward is a KHIST/Fans meeting once a month with a board representative and Colin. A sort of fans coucil if you like.

Just my thoughts. COYR. :grouphug: :comeonharriers2:
Pretty much agree with everything you say, apart from where you say, football clubs are different to any another businesses.
I would say that that is why so many clubs, including ours in the past have failed and either gone under, or nearly gone bust.

Yes, football is about emotion, but like Colin said, we have previously had no Plan A as a business, as well as on the pitch, let alone a plan B. He most certainly is driven, and there can be no room for people on the board who are happy to just plod along. Dont get me wrong KHIST are and always will be extremely well respected for the work they are, and have done in the past, but if this club want to succeed on and off the pitch, then Colin (as Owner) has every right to run the club and drive it forward as he see's fit.

If he thinks he can improve a business by changing personnel then that is life. Business decisions are not always popular. Life is tough as they say. I'm pretty sure that the KHIST board members would still say (deep down) that Colin is doing a great job in running the club........................

I don't get why people cannot get their heads around this. He clearly wants to Improve the club as a whole, and wants people on board who drive and strive for the same thing.

lancaster71
Youth team
Youth team

Post by lancaster71 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:51 am

pb12345 wrote:
Lovejoy wrote:Following the non statement from KHIST there has been rumour on top of rumour which from the clubs point of view is unhelpful at a critical time of the season.
Why all this couldn't have waited until the season was done and dusted I don't know.
Whatever the reasons for his decisions we can all agree that the timing has been awful from CG.
Colin has every right to employ whoever he wants in any position he chooses and although in a normal company nobody would really bat an eyelid when it comes to a football club where the fanbase has invested so much emotion over the years things are different.
I am really surprised that Colin does not appear to understand this, especially since he has been in and around football for most of his life.
Football clubs ARE different to ANY other business and the PR side must be handled in a more sensitive manner.

Having said that I think Colin is here for the long haul, he has invested significant amounts of money and time in our little club at a time when I'm sure from a financial point of view didn't need to.
He has a vision for the club which I am firmly behind and will back with my own small contributions of time and money.
I will continue to be investing in ground board and other advertising at the club and for the first time in many years I have purchased a season ticket for me and my son.

Maybe I'm a rose tinted spectacles type to other fans because I try to always see the positive, but let's be realistic here, we fans including KHIST do not have the time, money or expertise to take over and run the club so maybe we should just cut CG a little slack here.

I have always had reservations concerning fan representation on the board. What decisions are made in the boardroom should always remain confidential, so whatever KHIST reps learn cannot be passed on. So for me a better way forward is a KHIST/Fans meeting once a month with a board representative and Colin. A sort of fans coucil if you like.

Pretty much agree with everything you say, apart from where you say, football clubs are different to any another businesses.
I would say that that is why so many clubs, including ours in the past have failed and either gone under, or nearly gone bust.

Yes, football is about emotion, but like Colin said, we have previously had no Plan A as a business, as well as on the pitch, let alone a plan B. He most certainly is driven, and there can be no room for people on the board who are happy to just plod along. Dont get me wrong KHIST are and always will be extremely well respected for the work they are, and have done in the past, but if this club want to succeed on and off the pitch, then Colin (as Owner) has every right to run the club and drive it forward as he see's fit.

If he thinks he can improve a business by changing personnel then that is life. Business decisions are not always popular. Life is tough as they say. I'm pretty sure that the KHIST board members would still say (deep down) that Colin is doing a great job in running the club........................

I don't get why people cannot get their heads around this. He clearly wants to Improve the club as a whole, and wants people on board who drive and strive for the same thing.

kiddy guy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by kiddy guy » Wed May 03, 2017 8:09 am

pb12345 wrote:

Apply all of what youve said to the chairmen of Leyton Orient and Blackpool, Hereford Utd etc.. and Im sure they started off with well meaning intentions. Not drawing any comparisons and Im sure CG is cut from a different cloth, but the club now has no fan representation. Cannot see how that can be spun as a good thing.

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Wed May 03, 2017 8:41 am

I don't think anyone is spinning it as a good thing that there will be no KHIST representation on the board.

I think Phil drew the line at personal insults.

A statement from CG on the the boardroom changes would be useful. As would a statement from KHIST regarding the direction of lottery proceeds.
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Wed May 03, 2017 9:32 am

Will there be a statement from CKG regarding the boardroom 'shuffle' - maybe when new directors are appointed, he certainly has had plenty of time to do so and has seemingly not felt it necessary.

Whether you sympathise with KHIST or not in terms of losing something they had fought long and hard for - the removal of fans representation at boardroom level will be seen by some as driving a wedge between owner and fans - not sure that could be seen as a positive going forward.

Timing is perverse to say the least and it makes no sense whatsoever - rocking the boat at this stage of the season when the club is on the cusp of achieving it's target of promotion through the play offs is to say the least questionable.

Whilst everything in the garden (on the pitch) is 'rosy' I guess there is a degree of accepted tolerance, as witnessed by some fans indifference to his purge -and believing that our chairman must know what he's doing for the good of the club.

When Lionel Newton took a similar controlled position, his generous dedication seemed to wrap everyone at the club in the genuine belief that ALL interests were aligned to the cause, there was a feeling of togetherness - not sure that is the case at this moment in time and as we know that empire came tumbling down very quickly born out personal misjudgment of how the local populace might react to having a League Football Club.

It appears Colin Gordon's view on the fans is clear cut - they are brilliant at supporting the team but they are not good enough to help take the club forward 'off the pitch'.

IF that isn't the case, then maybe he should put the record straight
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Wed May 03, 2017 11:00 am

We were talking about KHIST on Saturday and they are rumoured to be down to about 300 members so perhaps Colin Gordon thinks that as they only represent less then 20% of the fans that their representation on the board wasn't the true reflection of the fans.
Perhaps if they had more members then they would still be on the board, who knows?

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Wed May 03, 2017 11:23 am

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA wrote:We were talking about KHIST on Saturday and they are rumoured to be down to about 300 members so perhaps Colin Gordon thinks that as they only represent less then 20% of the fans that their representation on the board wasn't the true reflection of the fans.
Perhaps if they had more members then they would still be on the board, who knows?

If that is the case - fair enough, then there is there no issue with making a statement to that effect, after all CKG hasn't anything to hide,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale