KHIST Statement

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: KHIST Statement

Post by pershoreharrier » Wed May 03, 2017 11:59 am

Cal's Spongebag wrote:
A statement from CG on the the boardroom changes would be useful. As would a statement from KHIST regarding the direction of lottery proceeds.
'Useful' is a polite term but I would prefer something a little more robust such as - A statement from CG on the boardroom changes should be made in clear, honest and unambiguous terms. If difficult things need to be said then those can be stated in a reasonable and courteous manner which still retain clarity and honesty.

The silence gives no assurance as to the future benefit to KHFC as a football club.

A statement from KHIST as to the future of the Lottery and its proceeds is essential as in the last year it is stated nearly £30,000 has be handed over to KHFC to support certain aspects of the club - the last of which I believe was the installation of the disabled persons lift from the Reception Area to the Aggborough Suite.

Will CG allow KHIST to operate the Lottery and retain the funds or will CG take over the Lottery and direct the funds as he sees fit. £30,000 of income is not to be sniffed at and I feel certain that somewhere in the Vision that income stream still features in the forthcoming years.

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:23 pm

pershoreharrier wrote:
Cal's Spongebag wrote:
A statement from CG on the the boardroom changes would be useful. As would a statement from KHIST regarding the direction of lottery proceeds.
'Useful' is a polite term but I would prefer something a little more robust such as - A statement from CG on the boardroom changes should be made in clear, honest and unambiguous terms. If difficult things need to be said then those can be stated in a reasonable and courteous manner which still retain clarity and honesty.

The silence gives no assurance as to the future benefit to KHFC as a football club.

A statement from KHIST as to the future of the Lottery and its proceeds is essential as in the last year it is stated nearly £30,000 has be handed over to KHFC to support certain aspects of the club - the last of which I believe was the installation of the disabled persons lift from the Reception Area to the Aggborough Suite.

Will CG allow KHIST to operate the Lottery and retain the funds or will CG take over the Lottery and direct the funds as he sees fit. £30,000 of income is not to be sniffed at and I feel certain that somewhere in the Vision that income stream still features in the forthcoming years.
Fair comments Pershore

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:26 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:
PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA wrote:We were talking about KHIST on Saturday and they are rumoured to be down to about 300 members so perhaps Colin Gordon thinks that as they only represent less then 20% of the fans that their representation on the board wasn't the true reflection of the fans.
Perhaps if they had more members then they would still be on the board, who knows?

If that is the case - fair enough, then there is there no issue with making a statement to that effect, after all CKG hasn't anything to hide,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
That's interesting. If so, KHIST should have made more effort to re recruit members. Not enough staff maybe? They should have asked for volunteers to help recruit. I would have helped. Too late now.

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Thu May 04, 2017 4:17 pm

CLUB STATEMENT

http://www.harriers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/kidderminster-harriers-talking-when-the-time-is-right-3704924.aspx

"TALKING WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT

Building for the future...
Everyone at Kidderminster Harriers continues to work hard to build towards a prosperous future for the football team here as well as the business.

To that end, changes have been made with regards to personnel and infrastructure. While we acknowledge the need for some to rush into making comments regardless of timing, we would like to make the following very clear:

The club is unable to make public comment about some aspects of recent changes for legal reasons – a fact we intend to honour and respect, save to say that without exception, all decisions made are done so with the best interests of the club at heart. Beyond that, we look forward to talking in more detail about recent changes and the reasons behind them when the time is right. The climax of an exciting season when all attention should be on the team and its magnificent achievements is absolutely not the right time.

At this time we would urge all fans to continue their wonderful support of the team ahead of this Sunday’s semi-final second leg at Aggborough against Chorley, kick-off 3pm."

Certainly not endearing himself to those who doubt him is he. But a statement is all that was needed!

Will also say regarding timing, it wasnt the fans who ousted dave and KHIST members. So the timing was the fault of whoever made the decision.

The fans are the bad people again? :finger:

GloucesterHarrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by GloucesterHarrier » Thu May 04, 2017 4:28 pm

Jackygold55 wrote:The fans are the bad people again? :finger:
I really didn't read the article that way. I think it's probably referring to the KHIST statement.

To be fair, whilst I feel the criticism of some is over the top, the club could have handled this better by just putting that article out much much sooner to say 'we've got some changes to announce that we'll do at the end of season'.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Thu May 04, 2017 4:50 pm

GloucesterHarrier wrote:
the club could have handled this better by just putting that article out much much sooner to say 'we've got some changes to announce that we'll do at the end of season'.
Indeed so and perhaps more information may be provided after the play-off final so it would be inappropriate at this time to make a comment on what that might be.

All the same I look forward to a further Club Statement providing that better information so we can better appreciate the best interests of the Club are being served.

kiddy guy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by kiddy guy » Thu May 04, 2017 7:54 pm

If anyone at the club thinks that this statement is an example of great PR then they're deluded. It's compounding their original error by blaming fans for requesting transparency. Have United airlines and Pepsi been consulted on how to do PR ? ;)

Lovejoy
1st team
1st team

Post by Lovejoy » Thu May 04, 2017 8:09 pm

kiddy guy wrote:If anyone at the club thinks that this statement is an example of great PR then they're deluded. It's compounding their original error by blaming fans for requesting transparency. Have United airlines and Pepsi been consulted on how to do PR ? ;)
FFS!
Where in the club statement are they blaming fans.
Some of the comments on this thread are beyond contempt. :rage:

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Thu May 04, 2017 8:52 pm

Lovejoy wrote:
kiddy guy wrote:If anyone at the club thinks that this statement is an example of great PR then they're deluded. It's compounding their original error by blaming fans for requesting transparency. Have United airlines and Pepsi been consulted on how to do PR ? ;)
FFS!
The statement reeks of trying not to shoulder any blame. With a last line of we need to stick together. Can't have both.

All this would've been avoided had they made a statement before Dave announced he'd left the club. Instead, we've got now where the club is doing secretive things (even more than the departures) and the fans know nothing.

Secrets and lies is what we're used to, fans don't want to see it go the same way as serrell.

GloucesterHarrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by GloucesterHarrier » Thu May 04, 2017 10:32 pm

Unfortunately there appears to be a lot of emotion connected to Dave Poutney and his departure from the club. Clearly that's because he's local, a truly dedicated fan and has a lot of friends connected with the fan base.

Business and emotion need to be separated here. I'm not sure we've ever debated any other directors disassociation as much as this.

I get everyone bares the scars of previous regimes but in my opinion people need to cut CG some slack for a few weeks until he's had chance to confirm why changes have been made.

Lovejoy
1st team
1st team

Post by Lovejoy » Thu May 04, 2017 11:06 pm

Jackygold55 wrote:
Lovejoy wrote:
FFS!
The statement reeks of trying not to shoulder any blame. With a last line of we need to stick together. Can't have both.

All this would've been avoided had they made a statement before Dave announced he'd left the club. Instead, we've got now where the club is doing secretive things (even more than the departures) and the fans know nothing.

Secrets and lies is what we're used to, fans don't want to see it go the same way as serrell.
Same expletive will suffice. . . . .

FFS!

When all the facts are known then come back and comment until then . . . .
well work it out for yourself.

:rage:

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Fri May 05, 2017 2:14 am

Lovejoy wrote:
Jackygold55 wrote:
Lovejoy wrote:
FFS!

Same expletive will suffice. . . . .

FFS!

When all the facts are known then come back and comment until then . . . .
well work it out for yourself.

:rage:
When all the facts are known. Where have I heard that before.

This is a message board to discuss the future and current state of this club. That is all we are doing. Every thought brought up on this board has valid traction and should be considered.

The fact We can't talk about this on a message board, is ludicrous. That's the very idea of the message board. I agree if the content of the information could put someone like Dave or CG, or myself, in danger that our comments should be removed. But, we are only discussing.

I've been a person who has been pro CG for ages, I'll add. But these last few weeks have been sketchy, not just about the departures.

kiddy guy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by kiddy guy » Fri May 05, 2017 7:54 am

Lovejoy wrote:
FFS!
"TALKING WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT

By inference the club suggests the time is not right currently. I'd suggest firstly it's not up to them when free debate can occur and secondly don't hate the player, hate the game. They created the game with their action in removing fan representation from the board.
Did they assume people would simply ignore the matter?

Building for the future...
Everyone at Kidderminster Harriers continues to work hard to build towards a prosperous future for the football team here as well as the business.

To that end, changes have been made with regards to personnel and infrastructure.

The inference here is that the changes have been made to build a better future for the club. Removing fan representation = a better future for the club.
Just let that sink in...

While we acknowledge the need for some to rush into making comments regardless of timing,

So the club decided to change board personnel in the crucial period of the year yet we're just crazy for rushing in to talk about it. No change of personnel until the end of season = no discussion about it. Yet the fans should know better and wait.

we would like to make the following very clear:

The club is unable to make public comment about some aspects of recent changes for legal reasons – a fact we intend to honour and respect, save to say that without exception, all decisions made are done so with the best interests of the club at heart.

Could have said this right from the start.

Beyond that, we look forward to talking in more detail about recent changes and the reasons behind them when the time is right. The climax of an exciting season when all attention should be on the team and its magnificent achievements is absolutely not the right time.

I genuinely look forward to understanding why the decision had to be made at this time and couldn't wait.

At this time we would urge all fans to continue their wonderful support of the team ahead of this Sunday’s semi-final second leg at Aggborough against Chorley, kick-off 3pm."

Thanks for clarifying what we should be doing. Any other condescending advice or dictats about what we're not alllowed to talk about?

The club by the very timing of the decision and their lack of announcement caused the issue. They gave rise to discussion by not acknowledging the goings on and then they issued the above statement which has an attitude of "Be quiet peasants - we know best." Given I've seen us drop from league 2 to Conf North, almost go under twice, and have more owners than hot dinners, (as we all have) I think scepticism is necessary to a degree.

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Fri May 05, 2017 8:41 am

Spot on. It hasn't been handled well.

Action rather than re-action would have been much better.

The only slack I would give the club would be if these changed HAD to be made at the time - for reasons we may subsequently discover.
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri May 05, 2017 8:47 am

Welcome back Guy, where you been all this time?
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale