Mark Yates returns......

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Mark Yates returns......

Post by HarrierN2 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:53 pm

Securing an experienced manager, with league experience, to develop an upcoming crop of young players for the club.

WHAT A DISASTER.

This place is becoming frankly unbelievable. I await the near apocalyptic response to the next bit of decent news.

Northern Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Northern Harrier » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:57 pm

HarrierN2 wrote:Securing an experienced manager, with league experience, to develop an upcoming crop of young players for the club.

WHAT A DISASTER.

This place is becoming frankly unbelievable. I await the near apocalyptic response to the next bit of decent news.
This!

We should have signed up a 17yr old straight from college himself to run the group to appease everyone!

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:57 pm

HarrierN2 wrote:Securing an experienced manager, with league experience, to develop an upcoming crop of young players for the club.

WHAT A DISASTER.

Sorry for caring about the finances of our club :roll:

All this 'good news' comes with a price tag.

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:48 pm

Jackygold55 wrote:

WHAT A DISASTER.

I`m sure CG has the finances sorted, can`t understand why the concern on this aspect.

Regarding playing style, a physical side is needed at all levels, doesn`t prevent "playing the right way".

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:50 pm

Medieval wrote:
Jackygold55 wrote:

WHAT A DISASTER.

I`m sure CG has the finances sorted, can`t understand why the concern on this aspect.

Regarding playing style, a physical side is needed at all levels, doesn`t prevent "playing the right way".
Its amazing that our club was so close to going under due to overspending, yet no one is concerned. I suppose some of us still remember.

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:44 pm

But that's it ...

It's bringing money IN

Yes there will be outgoings, we have to start somewhere.

Money in is better than chucking money out, as with Serrell/Thorn era.

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:53 pm

No one is concerned about the financial situation because CG has repeatedly stated that we we'll live within our means. The impending problem is one that you're simply speculating about, rather than being based in any semblance of actual fact or reality whatsoever.

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:59 pm

HarrierN2 wrote:No one is concerned about the financial situation because CG has repeatedly stated that we we'll live within our means. The impending problem is one that you're simply speculating about, rather than being based in any semblance of actual fact or reality whatsoever.
Huh... didn't serrell say that too?

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:13 pm

Serrell did say that, yes. But if the conclusion you've come to from that episode is that we should be paranoid indefinitely and trust no one, then I'd cordially suggest that your conclusion is off the mark.

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:18 pm

HarrierN2 wrote:Serrell did say that, yes. But if the conclusion you've come to from that episode is that we should be paranoid indefinitely and trust no one, then I'd cordially suggest that your conclusion is off the mark.
I question your terminology. Paranoid? That seems a little strong for a discussion on finances.

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:29 pm

Yeah, you're right, sorry.

Switch it to "worried" or "concerned" instead. The essence of the point remains the same.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:48 pm

I think perhaps the concern about the finances, maybe overdone - why?

Because I think MY's salary will be ring fenced outside of the playing budget - and within the KHUNI budget - not the Harriers.

Of course I could be way off, maybe it would have been helpful to have clarified the structure under which MY was employed.

Perhaps that's asking too much
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:50 pm

HarrierN2 wrote:Yeah, you're right, sorry.

Switch it to "worried" or "concerned" instead. The essence of the point remains the same.
The point of not worrying about finances and just nod whenever we make an expensive signing. Solid point.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:46 pm

Jackygold55 wrote:
Medieval wrote:
Jackygold55 wrote:

WHAT A DISASTER.

Its amazing that our club was so close to going under due to overspending, yet no one is concerned. I suppose some of us still remember.
Some of us do remember.

On paper it's a good signing. Very much so.

Yet even with the BMet deal, has it ever been firmed up how much it will be bringing in KHFC? Was it all confirmed? Got to be costed.

As someone pointed out, the football styles are a big difference. Yates being in the wings for if Eustace leaves is interesting in itself. Some very entertaining football under him, worlds away from the academy style of football advocated by Colin and Eustace. Although, I'm sure many on here remember Nem describing it as "scared football!"

Welcome back MYFC anyway...
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Grenoble Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Grenoble Harrier » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:32 pm

Good news in my opinion. The negativity on this forum is staggering. Personally am happy that Yates is back with the KHFC. Who knows, perhaps this is the start of something great...