Lolley Premier debut?

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, garthrockett, harriershane

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Re: Lolley Premier debut?

Post by Phil » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:29 pm

Colgofray wrote:My last look at the main forum had no mention of Joe's move.
Forests? Which one. You need the Lost That Loving Feeling forum

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:07 pm

Sorry young Phil. I meant our main site.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:59 pm

Not much about football on the main site lately :roll:

aberred
1st team
1st team

Post by aberred » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:27 pm

So, still waiting for confirmation but it’s thought to be £750k plus £250k in add-ons.

But the sell-on fee is percentage of profit, so take £350k off for the fee paid and other monies, to us. So we’d be looking at 20 of £400k which is £80k, that’s if my maths is correct!

Not to be sniffed at but not what we’d all have hoped!

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:50 am

aberred wrote:So, still waiting for confirmation but it’s thought to be £750k plus £250k in add-ons.

But the sell-on fee is percentage of profit, so take £350k off for the fee paid and other monies, to us. So we’d be looking at 20 of £400k which is £80k, that’s if my maths is correct!

Not to be sniffed at but not what we’d all have hoped!

But more than enough to meet the income from transfer fees for the season as set out in the vision.

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:00 pm

Still no confirmation? Not in the losing forest squad today.

howells
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by howells » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:33 pm

We get 80k to be payed over 2/3 years. First payment 1st July then the year after. CG is not happy at all.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:49 pm

howells wrote:We get 80k to be payed over 2/3 years. First payment 1st July then the year after. CG is not happy at all.
Really - in fact CG should be delighted to receive £80K over 2 or 3 years from a Board of amateurs who took advice, signed a player from a local Worcestershire side. who played for harriers for around 6 months from his trial to his signing for Huddersfield and has delivered substantial financial benefits to the club over several years.

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:31 pm

pershoreharrier wrote:
howells wrote:We get 80k to be payed over 2/3 years. First payment 1st July then the year after. CG is not happy at all.
Really - in fact CG should be delighted to receive £80K over 2 or 3 years from a Board of amateurs who took advice, signed a player from a local Worcestershire side. who played for harriers for around 6 months from his trial to his signing for Huddersfield and has delivered substantial financial benefits to the club over several years.
I would be upset too, Huddersfield will receive at least £100 million from TV money this season but can't afford to pay £80k out in one go.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:19 pm

Looks like Nick got it spot on then.
aberred wrote: But the sell-on fee is percentage of profit, so take £350k off for the fee paid and other monies, to us. So we’d be looking at 20 of £400k which is £80k, that’s if my maths is correct!

jim mankey
1st team
1st team

Post by jim mankey » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:34 pm

pershoreharrier wrote:

And in my opinion (amongst others) that board should have resisted selling Joe until after the 4th round game against Sunderland. Who knows what carnage he could have caused against a struggling, under pressure premiership team with a manager on the brink of the sack. Short term greed by the then chairman imo, how much would Joe have been worth if he'd had a good game against Sunderland and how much would it have benefited the club if we'd have forced a replay or better?
Apparently we would have received another payment had Joe played another two more games for Huddersfield, so although 80K is very nice thank you the fact that it's spread over a long period rather dilutes it.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:49 am

jim mankey wrote:
pershoreharrier wrote:

And in my opinion (amongst others) that board should have resisted selling Joe until after the 4th round game against Sunderland. Who knows what carnage he could have caused against a struggling, under pressure premiership team with a manager on the brink of the sack. Short term greed by the then chairman imo, how much would Joe have been worth if he'd had a good game against Sunderland and how much would it have benefited the club if we'd have forced a replay or better?
A fair observation which I would agree with.

sprials
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by sprials » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:48 pm

I thought there was a 20% sell on...did he go there that cheap
youth team....THE WAY FORWARD

grassroots is where it all starts, support it before it's too late

jim mankey
1st team
1st team

Post by jim mankey » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:42 pm

sprials wrote:I thought there was a 20% sell on...did he go there that cheap
Like abbered said, 20% of profit.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:07 pm

On the bench for Forest today.
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale