1st rd of the Cup - AFC Fylde away

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Mystic
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: 1st rd of the Cup - AFC Fylde away

Post by Mystic » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:36 am

Charlie Sheen wrote:
Phil wrote:On a side note. The Chorley v Fleetwood game has been moved to the Monday for BT TV
It’s a good fixture, local derby and all, but beggars belief how this fixture along with Hyde v MK Dons can receive top TV billing ahead of Charlton v Truro. The first Cornish club at this stage side 1969 with a real dream tie against an actual big club, yet they opt for matches involving a franchise club and moneybags club instead. Hyde v MK Dons, give me strength. Our match against Fylde would be better for TV.

I notice none of the matches have been moved to Sunday thus far. Are the BBC slow on the uptake, or have they knocked this half the games on Saturday and half on Sunday nonsense on the head now? Let’s hope it’s the latter.
What's wrong with Hyde against MK Dons? One of the lowest teams in the draw at home to one of the biggest teams is perfect for TV I'd have thought.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:37 am

It's on BBC lunchtime

Charlie Sheen

Post by Charlie Sheen » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Mystic wrote:
Charlie Sheen wrote:
Phil wrote:On a side note. The Chorley v Fleetwood game has been moved to the Monday for BT TV
It’s a good fixture, local derby and all, but beggars belief how this fixture along with Hyde v MK Dons can receive top TV billing ahead of Charlton v Truro. The first Cornish club at this stage side 1969 with a real dream tie against an actual big club, yet they opt for matches involving a franchise club and moneybags club instead. Hyde v MK Dons, give me strength. Our match against Fylde would be better for TV.

I notice none of the matches have been moved to Sunday thus far. Are the BBC slow on the uptake, or have they knocked this half the games on Saturday and half on Sunday nonsense on the head now? Let’s hope it’s the latter.
What's wrong with Hyde against MK Dons? One of the lowest teams in the draw at home to one of the biggest teams is perfect for TV I'd have thought.
It’s not a bad game, I guess. Just don’t see it as ‘tie of the round’ like the BBC are making out. I’d have thought Charlton v Truro would be a better pick for TV for reasons explained in a previous post.

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:35 pm

Just round the corner from the BBC, innit?
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin

Lovejoy
1st team
1st team

Post by Lovejoy » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:40 pm

Charlie Sheen wrote:
Mystic wrote:
Charlie Sheen wrote:

It’s not a bad game, I guess. Just don’t see it as ‘tie of the round’ like the BBC are making out. I’d have thought Charlton v Truro would be a better pick for TV for reasons explained in a previous post.
TV channels prefer the plucky non-league sides at home against the more illustrious higher ranked teams. Charlton being at home to Truro doesn't fit with that so was never likely to be chosen for coverage.

Charlie Sheen

Post by Charlie Sheen » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:11 pm

Lovejoy wrote:
Charlie Sheen wrote:
Mystic wrote:
Charlie Sheen wrote:

TV channels prefer the plucky non-league sides at home against the more illustrious higher ranked teams. Charlton being at home to Truro doesn't fit with that so was never likely to be chosen for coverage.
Each to their own, I guess. Chorley are on tele and they're the same level as Truro, though that is a local derby. Even applying your logic though, the BBC have made some strange selections. In the last round for example, they chose to stream St Albans v Boreham Wood rather than South Shields v Hartlepool, a local derby and a David v Goliath clash. It's almost as if the BBC are picking games at random sometimes, rather than showing the best tie.

sprials
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by sprials » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:08 pm

or the fact the BBC haven't a clue in teams that far down the lgs
youth team....THE WAY FORWARD

grassroots is where it all starts, support it before it's too late

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Post by harriershane » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:43 pm

Charlie Sheen wrote:
Lovejoy wrote:
Charlie Sheen wrote:
Mystic wrote:
Charlie Sheen wrote:

Each to their own, I guess. Chorley are on tele and they're the same level as Truro, though that is a local derby. Even applying your logic though, the BBC have made some strange selections. In the last round for example, they chose to stream St Albans v Boreham Wood rather than South Shields v Hartlepool, a local derby and a David v Goliath clash. It's almost as if the BBC are picking games at random sometimes, rather than showing the best tie.
They had already shown South Shields and they said they would show different teams throughout the qualifying rounds
He who dares...wins

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:04 pm

No subsidised coach then :~ Makes it quite expensive.

£18 coach x 2 = £36 and two adults (no concessions) £10 each. £56 for me and her then. Be cheaper in the car.

http://www.harriers.co.uk/news/2017/10/20/fa-cup-fylde-tickets-travel/

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:36 pm

Cambridge v Sutton
Guiseley v Accrington
Woking v Bury
Solihull v Wycombe
Charlton v Truro
Dartford v Swindon

TJU'S
1st team
1st team

Post by TJU'S » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:17 pm

Its a pretty poor show from the BBC really one live game should have had one on Sunday. It would be nice to get a genuine non league pundit who understands the non league ethos and who would be less patronising

TJU'S
1st team
1st team

Post by TJU'S » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:19 pm

Got to make the best of a bad draw try and get through and hope for better in rnd 2

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:28 pm

Phil wrote:No subsidised coach then :~ Makes it quite expensive.

£18 coach x 2 = £36 and two adults (no concessions) £10 each. £56 for me and her then. Be cheaper in the car.

http://www.harriers.co.uk/news/2017/10/20/fa-cup-fylde-tickets-travel/

I hear the Telford players are subsidising their fans for the trip to Hereford - the players mind - not the club.

Means a saving of £5 per ticket.
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:16 pm

Harriers subsidised the coach to Newcastle Benfield and £18 isn't a bad price really, about average for coach travel this season.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:26 pm

or the fact the BBC haven't a clue in teams that far down the lgs
the BBC haven't a clue about anything to be honest........
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022