Yan Klukowski

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

jamestheimpaler
Subs bench
Subs bench

Yan Klukowski

Post by jamestheimpaler » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:03 am

Former FGR, Newport and York midfielder signs!

https://twitter.com/khfcofficial/status/931461967390412801

One assumes he'll be playing in his adopted role of CB?

jamestheimpaler
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: Yan Klukowski

Post by jamestheimpaler » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:06 am

Not sure we need another player who's not match fit, though... :shock: :shock:

https://www.torquayunited.com/news-kiddy-loan-klukowski/

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:13 am

A scoring midfielder......suggests we won't see Bradley until the new year then.
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:03 am

Another random signing that I'm struggling to understand - haven't Harriers got enough midfielders, unless of course there are some serious injuries in the squad we don't know about???

Useful player for FGR a few years back reminded me of Danny Williams - only not as good :lol:

Where on earth do you fit such a player in the formation/style of play that Eustace uses?

I would have thought the returning Truslove would have given the midfield a boost - where does that leave him?.

Bizarre signing - didn't think we needed Bradley - definitely don't need another unfit midfielder.

Only positive I can find is he isn't vertically challenged :lol:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:42 am

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I don't believe JE rates Truslove and I think he'll do anything not to play him.

That said, this is another good player we've signed.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:03 pm

HarrierN2 wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again - I don't believe JE rates Truslove and I think he'll do anything not to play him.

That said, this is another good player we've signed.

Truslove played a fair amount pre season and I thought he looked good - his goals to time on the pitch is excellent, far better that Elton !!

If the manager doesn't rate him why did he keep him ?

Then again nothing Eustace does surprises me any more.
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

jamestheimpaler
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by jamestheimpaler » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:11 pm

Quote from the York Press (http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/15313465.York_City_2016_17_season_review_and_player_ratings/) which explains what Yan was up to at York last season... There's more to him than just the goalscoring midfield stint FGR and then at Newport!

"YAN KLUKOWSKI
Transformed when moved into the middle of defence by Mills three months into the season. Had never played at the back but his intelligent reading of the game and technical qualities made him an inspired choice as the ball-playing sweeper in City's back three. Prior to Mills' arrival, he had been ineffective in too many matches as a midfielder.
Appearances: 29 (3); Goals: 3
Rating: 6/10 "

This is why I reckon JE has signed him, rather than as a midfield option

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:19 pm

Give him a chance. Its only a month's loan.

We are all moaning its not been good enough so we should expect changes to be made.

Truslove has an eye for goal but its not as if we have Messi on the bench is it? Yes, he perhaps deserves more of a run in the side.

This Klukowski is experienced and hopefully knows how to put himself about a bit.

My mood has raised slightly since 5pm last Saturday and I am even looking forward to my trip to York.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:31 pm

jamestheimpaler wrote:Quote from the York Press (http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/153134 ... r_ratings/) which explains what Yan was up to at York last season... There's more to him than just the goalscoring midfield stint FGR and then at Newport!

"YAN KLUKOWSKI
Transformed when moved into the middle of defence by Mills three months into the season. Had never played at the back but his intelligent reading of the game and technical qualities made him an inspired choice as the ball-playing sweeper in City's back three. Prior to Mills' arrival, he had been ineffective in too many matches as a midfielder.
Appearances: 29 (3); Goals: 3
Rating: 6/10 "

This is why I reckon JE has signed him, rather than as a midfield option
Duly noted.

Begs the next question - who plays in central defence if Klukowski is selected - I don't see how you can drop Horsfall.

Unless Eustace changes tactics/formation and goes with three at the back & wing backs - which based on previous evidence in unlikely.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:48 pm

Well the good news is that the Management Team and Owner clearly realise we have not been firing on all cylinders and that to achieve promotion this issue has to be addressed. In that regard we have signed another player who may be able to see us achieving the performances and results that will give us the promotion the vision document set out and the time frame that went with it.

The bad news would be that the Management Team and Owner whilst realising we are not firing on all cylinders and that promotion is slipping away ( I believe automatic promotion has probably already gone) that they are desperately trying anything to ensure that we are at least in the play-offs with a reasonable chance of gaining promotion.

I would hope that with the level of knowledge possessed by our Management Team and Owner that the view should be one of good news but I do have my concerns that there might be a glimpse of desperation to get our season going in the right direction to achieve the objective of the vision.

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:25 pm

I don't like seeing a revolving door of loanees but this Yan lad isn't an untried young gun. If he is a potential permanent signing it gives him and us a chance to have a look at him.

I fear this season may well be labelled, euphemistically, as a transition season. I hope more than anyone that I am proved wrong and a good run of form and winning games in hand will see us get in the play-off picture (yes Pershore, automatic has gone!). If we don't make it then at least get an idea of what squad we want for next season, get them fit, get them in and get them playing with each other next pre-season.

brumkidd
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by brumkidd » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:33 pm

My only query with this loan is that following his time with FGR, he hasn't stayed anywhere very long. Why would that be?

It does worry me when supposedly "good" players are released by clubs on a regular basis.
It is only a matter of time before those good people at the National Lottery give me the jackpot that I so richly deserve.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:40 pm

I don't get it; if he's to play as a sweeper (behind a three man back-line of O'Connor, Horsfall and Spenser?) his recruitment must be due to the non-availability of both the injured Josh Taylor and suspended Ty Williams?

In which case why not simply get a full-back on a months loan and avoid majorly disrupting the entire back four formation with an untried sweeper system?

in any case, what's the betting Austin is in at full-back for York Saturday, and this guy is on the bench until the 70 minute mark? :~
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:55 pm

(Spenser?)

If Taylors not fit, then presumably O`connor at LB. New lad, assuming he`s bigger than O`connor, CB.
If Taylors fit, then O`connor at RB.
Just can`t see 3 centre backs.

spitalfields
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by spitalfields » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:17 pm

Medieval wrote:(Spenser?)

If Taylors not fit, then presumably O`connor at LB. New lad, assuming he`s bigger than O`connor, CB.
If Taylors fit, then O`connor at RB.
Just can`t see 3 centre backs.
Or simply CB cover as Ty is suspended...