Yan Klukowski

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

sandman
1st team
1st team

Re: Yan Klukowski

Post by sandman » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:42 pm

Remember Klukowski playing as an attacking left for Forest Green so seems like cover for Bradley. With his experience and now playing at a lower level, could prove a very useful addition. :red_army:

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:04 pm

Just as a matter of interest does anyone know how many players we have used this season in our league games including those on the bench?

Usually sides that are chopping and changing their squad week in week out are in trouble at the bottom of the table (our relegation season for example). Our situation is totally different here where the spark to see us progress up the table from mid-table safety to a position where we can realistically challenge for promotion seems to be so elusive. We have been offered all kinds of reasons for our continued mis-firing but the concern I have is that with all the in-house experience we have at the Club the problem still persists.

Zorro
1st team
1st team

Post by Zorro » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:22 am

Great player

Nonsensical signing

Bench warmer

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:21 pm

sandman wrote:Remember Klukowski playing as an attacking left for Forest Green so seems like cover for Bradley. With his experience and now playing at a lower level, could prove a very useful addition. :red_army:

Always thought Klukowski played (FGR) in a very similar role to Bradley - centrally just behind the strikers, which is why he scored so many goals.

Once again we have an unbalanced squad, full of midfielders who are quality but short in other departments.

Maybe the January window will be used to strengthen the squad - would like to see another striker brought in as Ironside is struggling IMO.
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Mystic
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mystic » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:22 pm

There seems to be a real scatter gun approach to signings this season. If you miss a couple of games you don’t recognise a third of the team. Would like the manager to have a better idea of how he is going to pick a settled team by now.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:10 pm

Mystic wrote:There seems to be a real scatter gun approach to signings this season. If you miss a couple of games you don’t recognise a third of the team. Would like the manager to have a better idea of how he is going to pick a settled team by now.
Nail firmly hit, you can have a load of talented players but if the make up/blend isn't right then you end up with an average team.

In terms of signings on a limited budget, this season has seen some woeful waste and unbalanced additions, not to mention players being signed who were not fit.

A theme that hasn't gone away with the latest signing of Klukowski.
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

spitalfields
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by spitalfields » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:02 pm

So we have four key members of the squad unavailable, three unexpectedly and one who should have been back by now according to the original plan. Three defenders (leaving us very short) and one attacking midfielder. The manager's response? Temporarily sign a proven conference player who is known as an attacking midfielder but more recently has excelled in defence.

I'm struggling to see the problem. If he had been brought in for an exorbitant fee on a three year contract I would have been puzzled. But a month's loan seems like sensible cover.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:28 pm

spitalfields wrote:So we have four key members of the squad unavailable, three unexpectedly and one who should have been back by now according to the original plan. Three defenders (leaving us very short) and one attacking midfielder. The manager's response? Temporarily sign a proven conference player who is known as an attacking midfielder but more recently has excelled in defence.

I'm struggling to see the problem. If he had been brought in for an exorbitant fee on a three year contract I would have been puzzled. But a month's loan seems like sensible cover.
Four key members of the squad??

For me the only key player would be Taylor. Ty Williams is suspended, but arguably he is no longer first choice R/B.
I just don't see where Klukowski is going to fit in.

With respect we were told management had learnt from their mistakes - the reason certain players are out injured is the club has signed 'unfit' players and as a result it's far more likely they will pick up actual injuries through being unfit.

Bradley a classic example.
Taylor is another
Klukowski isn't match fit either, how long before he's out injured?
Vaughan - as much as I like him as a player, is going to take a while to get up to speed(match fit) - probably Christmas before he is back 100%

Fitness to play for the full ninety minutes seems to be a serious issue for some.

I don't think either Ironside or Brown are fully fit.

I realise it must be difficult to find suitable players on loan or otherwise at this stage of the season that can hit the ground running and be fully match fit - but that's just the chickens coming home to roost from an incompetent pre season player recruitment programme and performances and results are suffering as a result.

This is one of the reasons for the defence lacking an understanding to some degree, too much chopping and changing,
last season the defensive unit was virtually a given - not anymore.

Eustace gives me the impression he is winging it and there is very little forward planning in trying to produce a squad that will challenge for promotion.

Lets see where we are on Boxing Day and whether Harriers are comfortably in the play off picture.

KHFC Supporter
Youth team
Youth team

Post by KHFC Supporter » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:04 am

RAWM.
Agree with you re the key player Joel Taylor, however. We Shirley knew there was a risk in signing Lee Vaughan and that his recovery time may take longer.

In the long run he’ll be a massive asset.

Dan Bradley didn’t have a history of injuries at AFC Fylde. Maybe just a bit of bad luck? which does happen from time to time. A bit unfair to blame JE imho.

Klukowski signed as cover for a month. No problem with that.

After a great team performance at York on Saturday I’m optimistic that we’ll have a great 2nd half to the season and be up there in the play off’s

:comeonharriers2:

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:30 am

KHFC Supporter wrote:RAWM.
Agree with you re the key player Joel Taylor, however. We Shirley knew there was a risk in signing Lee Vaughan and that his recovery time may take longer.

In the long run he’ll be a massive asset.

Dan Bradley didn’t have a history of injuries at AFC Fylde. Maybe just a bit of bad luck? which does happen from time to time. A bit unfair to blame JE imho.

Klukowski signed as cover for a month. No problem with that.

After a great team performance at York on Saturday I’m optimistic that we’ll have a great 2nd half to the season and be up there in the play off’s

:comeonharriers2:
Who knows, it might be 'Blue Sky' and magic football from now on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Still not convinced that a club like Harriers can sign a player in the knowledge that he will be sat on the sidelines for such a long time, even though its longer than first thought - how does the club afford it???

Dan Bradley's injury isn't really the issue - I agree that is unlucky and couldn't have been foreseen, even allowing for the fitness angle !! The real issue for me is how/where he would play in the current formation/set up - I don't think he's a wide player - he gets his goals from playing just behind a front two (in the hole) Harriers under Eustace don't play that formation. IMO what applies to Bradley applies equally to Klukowski, he's a similar type. Don't think either is needed, especially as it would appear that Croasdale is being given a new role (more forward) with Weeks playing deep - again an illustration that the money spent on Bradley could have been used better.

Another support striker for Ironside- now that's another matter altogether.

As said previously further up the thread - IT IS A SCATTER GUN APPROACH !!

Eustace is managing on the 'FLY'

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:37 am

The defence looked solid on Saturday.

The loan signing makes sense to me. Especially when we cannot field a full subs bench. He is experienced, looks strong and can play in a number of positions.

Daly and Keane a mistake and has been acknowledged. Yes, lack of playing together pre-season has affected us and its really annoying we are playing catch-up. But there are signs we are going in the right direction I suppose!

Mike - arrange an appointment with Colin Gordon to discuss the scatter gun approach. You won't though..

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:36 am

redandwhitemike wrote:Another random signing that I'm struggling to understand - haven't Harriers got enough midfielders, unless of course there are some serious injuries in the squad we don't know about???

Useful player for FGR a few years back reminded me of Danny Williams - only not as good :lol:

Where on earth do you fit such a player in the formation/style of play that Eustace uses?

I would have thought the returning Truslove would have given the midfield a boost - where does that leave him?.

Bizarre signing - didn't think we needed Bradley - definitely don't need another unfit midfielder.

Only positive I can find is he isn't vertically challenged :lol:
Bump

Saw nothing to change my original thoughts, don't think his loan will be extended.

Eustace still gives me the impression he's unsure of his squad requirements, half way through the season and he's still experimenting. :roll:

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:35 pm

Returned to Torquay, injured, I believe.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:24 am

Phil wrote:Returned to Torquay, injured, I believe.
Well I never,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Don't see any reason to edit any of my comments on this thread.

I don't know about being injured - don't think he was anywhere near fit enough when he arrived, totally pointless exercise in signing a player who couldn't make a positive contribution.

Some seemed happy enough to see Eustace at least signing someone - anyone ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :roll:

He won't be missed.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:48 am

totally pointless exercise in signing a player who couldn't make a positive contribution.
to be fair he took a couple of throw-ins....... :cool:
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022