The king is dead, long live the king!

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: The king is dead, long live the king!

Post by ograzebrook » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:27 pm

...it's oh so quiet...

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:42 pm

ograzebrook wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:27 pm
...it's oh so quiet...
zzzzzzzzzzzz :tumble: :tumble:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:44 am

In light of some of the comments after the fiasco of being booted out of the FA Cup by lowly Stafford, the silence from RL is now becoming a real concern. The deal with regard to change of ownership has obviously been completed as the notification at Companies House proves and yet nothing.

A statement of intent and clarification of how he is going to view the future of the football club is becoming increasingly crucial to the supporters.

It is beginning to feel like the change of ownership was just a last ditch rescue - a stay of execution, to avoid administration, rather than a new dawn.

As such the hopes of him being a 'White Knight' to inject funds for new players is already looking misplaced and the lack of any acknowledgement from the club about Colin Gordon's departure is frankly a disgrace, where is the leadership from the top?

At this point in time (just my feelings) I don't want to hear about Education I don't want to hear about the Academy or the Ladies team - I want to hear that Richard Lane is going to turn things around from this desperate situation where the manager is powerless to put on the field of play a team that can represent the club in a way that is not going to embarrass it's once proud name.

Colin Gordon has a lot to answer for - he has ruined Kidderminster Harriers with his vain and arrogant vision of the future and the way he has created division amongst the fan base and produced a squad of nonentities on the pitch - he may have had good intentions in the beginning, but in the end he has ruined to the point of extinction the club I support.

And if Richard Lane is CG incarnate - who's ambition for Harriers is just to keep the lights on then I fear as a club we are doomed.

I know others will see things differently, but every day that passes without some statement from the new owner only reinforces the concern.

Desperate times.
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:48 am

auspice
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by auspice » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:03 am

nadir
noun [ S ]

the worst moment, or the moment of least hope and least achievement

Or can things get even worse?

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:07 am

Everything is alright now - Miller Homes have donated £1300 crisis over,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :roll: :rolllaugh:

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:07 am

Harriers will lose far more than that on the no-show of the fans at Aggborough

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:17 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:07 am
Everything is alright now - Miller Homes have donated £1300 crisis over,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :roll: :rolllaugh:
On a plot with at least £20M of new houses on it, with all the profits they would make, 10 or even 100 times that would be a nice donation.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:19 pm

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:17 pm
redandwhitemike wrote:
On a plot with at least £20M of new houses on it, with all the profits they would make, 10 or even 100 times that would be a nice donation.
I would suggest it's a relatively cheap form of advertising.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:23 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:
We donated a possible £17,000 to Stafford last night.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:55 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:19 pm
redandwhitemike wrote:
It is indeed a cheap form of advertising and of course Miller Homes could have donated far more BUT £1,300 is better than nothing especially when the debts are believed to be as high as they are. Miller Homes were not obliged to give us anything as I understand it. Every penny counts I believe they really do and at least someone can be paid what we owe them.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:01 pm

pershoreharrier wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:55 pm
redandwhitemike wrote:
redandwhitemike wrote:
It is indeed a cheap form of advertising and of course Miller Homes could have donated far more BUT £1,300 is better than nothing especially when the debts are believed to be as high as they are. Miller Homes were not obliged to give us anything as I understand it. Every penny counts I believe they really do and at least someone can be paid what we owe them.
Indeedy- but where does that money end up - paying off a creditor of the academy no doubt, or helping pay for the wages of one of the numerous coaches on the academy staff ?

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:56 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:01 pm
pershoreharrier wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:55 pm
redandwhitemike wrote:
redandwhitemike wrote:
Indeedy- but where does that money end up - paying off a creditor of the academy no doubt, or helping pay for the wages of one of the numerous coaches on the academy staff ?
I know it is frustrating that the money cannot necessarily go towards signing another player BUT surely we must pay off our debts even on an instalment basis whether they be a creditor of the Academy or the Club. As to paying the wages of coaches and the like the alternative is paying out redundancy payments. As I said the whole business needs a review from top to bottom otherwise the costs will never become less than our income.

This will be a long hard road of that there is no doubt but we have suffered the severest of financial damage in the Club's history.

If he has gone and I really mean gone I could be tempted to subscribe to a few more worthless shares but then again I wonder what the new individual members of the re-formed Board of Directors might be prepared to do financially?