Accounts Overdue

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Accounts Overdue

Post by pershoreharrier » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:57 pm

I have just looked on the Companies House website and note that it is now formally recorded that the accounts for KHFC and KHFC Ed Ltd are now both overdue.

No doubt delayed by the extended period involved in the take over but I anticipate they will not make happy reading.

Does the club suffer any financial penalty for late filing of the accounts - if so it will be a double hit.

Let us hope that this will signal the absolute end of what has been probably the worst chapter in the history of the Club.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Accounts Overdue

Post by pershoreharrier » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:59 pm

Just had a look on Companies House and the accounts for both KHFC and KHFC ED Ltd remain overdue. No doubt the coronavirus lockdown may be cited as a reason for non-submission although the original deadline was well before the current health crisis. I am not expecting the accounts when filed to make joyful reading other than if Richard Lane had not stepped in the CG Empire would have crashed and burned in a terminal conflagration.

muse_harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by muse_harrier » Tue May 19, 2020 9:36 pm

Confirmation statement late too.
Cant think Covid 19 has anything to do with the delay.

Northern Harrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Northern Harrier » Wed May 20, 2020 8:16 pm

HMRC have zero interest in challenging anyone for late updates or filing of accounts. My business was due to file last years details in mid-March, and I was advised not to worry about it by my accountant as the deadline for everyone was delayed until January 2021

Zorro
1st team
1st team

Post by Zorro » Thu May 21, 2020 10:35 am

Northern Harrier wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:16 pm
HMRC have zero interest in challenging anyone for late updates or filing of accounts. My business was due to file last years details in mid-March, and I was advised not to worry about it by my accountant as the deadline for everyone was delayed until January 2021
HMRC or Companies House?

These account were due by 28 Feb - before the lockdown. So the lockdown should not be an excuse.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Thu May 21, 2020 4:43 pm

From my knowledge of Companies House/HMRC/Insolvency Service through work, they're relatively short staffed as it is. Documents will be received, and it will take a week or longer for it to eventually be acknowledged online. Then there'll be a delay in the document being uploaded. I can imagine coronavirus will have only exacerbated any staffing issues, as I suspect some may have had their duties reassigned.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Thu May 21, 2020 5:00 pm

harry211 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 4:43 pm
From my knowledge of Companies House/HMRC/Insolvency Service through work, they're relatively short staffed as it is. Documents will be received, and it will take a week or longer for it to eventually be acknowledged online. Then there'll be a delay in the document being uploaded. I can imagine coronavirus will have only exacerbated any staffing issues, as I suspect some may have had their duties reassigned.
Only the 800 000 companies putting their staff on furlough to sort out, should keep them busy.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:59 pm

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:00 pm
harry211 wrote:
Only the 800 000 companies putting their staff on furlough to sort out, should keep them busy.
Would be interested to know whether that comes under DWP or HMRC etc. I assume the former but could be wrong.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Thu May 21, 2020 10:17 pm

harry211 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:59 pm
PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:00 pm
harry211 wrote:
Would be interested to know whether that comes under DWP or HMRC etc. I assume the former but could be wrong.
Definitely HMRC..

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:26 pm

Just in case folks have missed the filing of the accounts for KHFC ED Ltd they are posted on the Companies House website.

The bottom line is two -fold if I understand matters correctly.

KHFC ED ltd. is advised as being a 'dormant company'.

At the end of the trading period - defined as May 2019 - it had achieved a debt just shy of £150,000.

So much for the great hope of sustainability via this route.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:41 am

Whilst the accounts for KHFC ED LTD were filed some weeks ago albeit late showing debts of £150,000 for a 'dormant company' the accounts for KHFC remain outstanding and late together with the confirmation statement.

KHFC accounts were due on 29 Feb 2020 and the confirmation statement was due on 4 May 2020.

Whilst covid 19 can be used as a convenient excuse for the late submission of many things these days I cannot but get the feeling there is something more fundamental that is causing this late submission.

I also note that it is still recorded that we have 2 Directors and 1 Secretary but I thought I read somewhere that we had 2 new board members one of which was Male and whilst it may be claimed that they may be non-executive directors I am not aware that companies house affords any distinction in that regard.

I cannot help but get the feeling that the issues between Lane and Gordon are not fully resolved and that this may be the cause of the apparent inability of Lane to re-establish the links with KHIST for fear of the issues becoming more widely known. As the 'Boost the Budget' initiative struggles on the direct input of KHIST could make a major and significant difference if those bridges were re-established.

The Club I believe approached KHIST for money sometime ago so clearly the Club is in need of funds but the impasse to enable that to develop seems to remain which is a cause for concern.

MDJB
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by MDJB » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:05 pm

Khist offered to launch a crowd funding type of venture on behalf of the club (and at the request of the club) a while ago but this was then strangely declined by the club. It seems to many that CG’s influence still prevails around Aggy. So much for RL’s public statement at the forum that he wanted to build bridges with them. As the only official supporters group representing Harriers fans, surely it’s time this was sorted.

North Stand Ultra
Reserves
Reserves

Post by North Stand Ultra » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:26 pm

I too was on the understanding that KHIST had approached the club back in April offering to both publicise and raise funds for the football club and their offer was rebuffed.

I do wonder if RL has had his thinking coloured by our esteemed former Chairman?

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:06 pm

pershoreharrier wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:41 am
Whilst the accounts for KHFC ED LTD were filed some weeks ago albeit late showing debts of £150,000 for a 'dormant company' the accounts for KHFC remain outstanding and late together with the confirmation statement.

KHFC accounts were due on 29 Feb 2020 and the confirmation statement was due on 4 May 2020.

Whilst covid 19 can be used as a convenient excuse for the late submission of many things these days I cannot but get the feeling there is something more fundamental that is causing this late submission.

I also note that it is still recorded that we have 2 Directors and 1 Secretary but I thought I read somewhere that we had 2 new board members one of which was Male and whilst it may be claimed that they may be non-executive directors I am not aware that companies house affords any distinction in that regard.

I cannot help but get the feeling that the issues between Lane and Gordon are not fully resolved and that this may be the cause of the apparent inability of Lane to re-establish the links with KHIST for fear of the issues becoming more widely known. As the 'Boost the Budget' initiative struggles on the direct input of KHIST could make a major and significant difference if those bridges were re-established.

The Club I believe approached KHIST for money sometime ago so clearly the Club is in need of funds but the impasse to enable that to develop seems to remain which is a cause for concern.
Have you read those accounts correctly Pershore?

millzeuk
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by millzeuk » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:18 pm

MDJB wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:05 pm
Khist offered to launch a crowd funding type of venture on behalf of the club (and at the request of the club) a while ago but this was then strangely declined by the club. It seems to many that CG’s influence still prevails around Aggy. So much for RL’s public statement at the forum that he wanted to build bridges with them. As the only official supporters group representing Harriers fans, surely it’s time this was sorted.
Perhaps he’d be more inclined if KHIST’s passive aggressive statements and negativity towards the new owners was reigned in a little. I think it can also be said that their view of the new owners is coloured by the behaviour of the previous one.