Monica Shafaq

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Re: Monica Shafaq

Post by harriershane » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:21 pm

I’m baffled by some of the comments on here and can only hope I’ve misinterpreted them. Whether we like it or not, the world has changed over the last XYZ years. Why shouldn’t people be represented?

Mental health is a massive thing, rightfully so, these days. We’ve had players in our recent history to have suffered, and Monica is somebody with expertise in that area. Didn’t Ashley Hemmings praise the work the club have been doing during the enforced break re that side, just the other week?

If I’m a business person, I can be open to ideas and I can listen to the opinion and suggestion of a janitor. Am I any less inclusive though, if I don’t implement that janitors suggestion?

I think we should be thankful that, especially with the pandemic, with mental health being a big thing, we have an expert at the club. I think we should actually be proud of it. That expertise has been picked up on by bigger organisations than us, and should be commended.

Gone should be the days of “man up” “suck it up” and “oh it’s to tick a box” when someone clearly has the credentials for the role. It’s 2021; not 1951
He who dares...wins

North Stand Ultra
Reserves
Reserves

Post by North Stand Ultra » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:36 pm

The world has changed and it needed to.

An unfortunate side effect is that highly trained, experienced and knowledgeable football people are being shunted out of the way to be replaced by newer models who's main selling point to the employer is that they fulfill a requirement.

S2RKK
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by S2RKK » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:46 pm

I'm with harriershane here as it right what he is saying in that we now live in a modern world and people should be represented,as he says any gaffer can listen to the janitor but does he take notice and act on their advice. I feel KHIST is superflous to the current board as they have no clout or can only give minimum support. (What I mean by this is KHIST have c£45000 were RL is putting in 50 times that so why should he take notice) I beleive KHIST should sit back say nothing and let the board get on with it until such time they drop us all in the crap then be ready to bale KHFC out.

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:05 pm

Perhaps KHIST aren't the easiest people to deal with? The attitude of the current board toward the fans and their communication with the fans suggests that they are relatively open people.

North Stand Ultra
Reserves
Reserves

Post by North Stand Ultra » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:21 pm

HarrierN2 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:05 pm
Perhaps KHIST aren't the easiest people to deal with? The attitude of the current board toward the fans and their communication with the fans suggests that they are relatively open people.

Communication???......thats a great laugh, are you familiar with the Harriers Voice debacle and the stonewalling of the big questions asked such as the short running stadium lease and the deeply concerning share issue???

S2RKK
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by S2RKK » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:30 pm

North Stand Ultra wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:21 pm
HarrierN2 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:05 pm

Communication???......thats a great laugh, are you familiar with the Harriers Voice debacle and the stonewalling of the big questions asked such as the short running stadium lease and the deeply concerning share issue???
I agree with HarrierN2 in that it is starting to feel like KHIST have a god given right to know the ins and outs of KHFC, I hasten to add that I am a member of KHIST but not particularly like their attitude thses days.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:34 pm

We've had enough KHIST bashing threads on here. Please don't let this thread drift off the original intention and turn into another one.

Anymore will be dealt with. Thank you, Phil...

North Stand Ultra
Reserves
Reserves

Post by North Stand Ultra » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:10 pm

S2RKK wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:46 pm
I feel KHIST is superflous to the current board as they have no clout or can only give minimum support. (What I mean by this is KHIST have c£45000 were RL is putting in 50 times that so why should he take notice) I beleive KHIST should sit back say nothing and let the board get on with it until such time they drop us all in the crap then be ready to bale KHFC out.

£45,000 X 50 is £2.25million by my maths, are you sure RL has made this kind of investment?
Sounds a top heavy figure to me.

Your final comment baffles me, you feel KHIST should sit back, say nothing and be content with the manner they have been marginalised yet be willing to step forward should the club be " dropped in the crap ".

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:11 pm

North Stand Ultra wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:10 pm
S2RKK wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:46 pm
I feel KHIST is superflous to the current board as they have no clout or can only give minimum support. (What I mean by this is KHIST have c£45000 were RL is putting in 50 times that so why should he take notice) I beleive KHIST should sit back say nothing and let the board get on with it until such time they drop us all in the crap then be ready to bale KHFC out.

£45,000 X 50 is £2.25million by my maths, are you sure RL has made this kind of investment?
Sounds a top heavy figure to me.

Your final comment baffles me, you feel KHIST should sit back, say nothing and be content with the manner they have been marginalised yet be willing to step forward should the club be " dropped in the crap ".
You obviously haven't read Phil's instruction. Keep to the original subject.

Morgan
Respect the 4th Official
Respect the 4th Official

Post by Morgan » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:14 am

harriershane wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:21 pm

Gone should be the days of “man up” “suck it up” and “oh it’s to tick a box” when someone clearly has the credentials for the role. It’s 2021; not 1951
Yet the club stands by someone found guilty of an aggravated use of a homophobic slur.
Colin Gordon supporters seem very keen on his mates who’ve bought the club from him, don’t they? :kissarse:

Marcus Garvey
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Marcus Garvey » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:19 am

Morgan wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:14 am
harriershane wrote:

Yet the club stands by someone found guilty of an aggravated use of a homophobic slur.
Jeez, change the record. It was dealt with, move on.

Jasper
1st team
1st team

Post by Jasper » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:46 pm

Marcus Garvey wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:19 am
Morgan wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:14 am
harriershane wrote:

Jeez, change the record. It was dealt with, move on.
Exactly! No other comment is needed.

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:58 am

Wow, lots going on here.

Which of us has met Monica? Actually spoken to her face to face? Good luck to her in a her new role.

"...especially at a time when the club are looking to rely on the goodwill of fans to help keep things going - if there's no give on that point alone, I'm assuming the club are wondering what (if anything) KHIST does for the club."

Has that been made clear? It certainly doesn't feel to me as if that is the message. My impression is that we have enough money. Certainly enough to want to carry on playing without fans in attendance. I haven't seen any big appeals for money from fans (goodwill doesn't pay the bills).

KHIST (and others) have asked fair questions. Some of which are about the lease of the ground. Some of these questions remain unanswered. That's with the club.

What has KHIST done for the club? Take a read https://www.khist.org.uk/achievements/

And the constitution: https://www.khist.org.uk/about/constitution/

Other supporters are free to form their own fundraising, non-critical groups if they wish.

Yes, there are some personality clashes and egos but I am glad there are supporters with an eye on the future and willing to ask the difficult questions. Critical friend etc.

GloucesterHarrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by GloucesterHarrier » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:16 am

Sheffield Harrier wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:58 am
Wow, lots going on here.

Which of us has met Monica? Actually spoken to her face to face? Good luck to her in a her new role.

"...especially at a time when the club are looking to rely on the goodwill of fans to help keep things going - if there's no give on that point alone, I'm assuming the club are wondering what (if anything) KHIST does for the club."

Has that been made clear? It certainly doesn't feel to me as if that is the message. My impression is that we have enough money. Certainly enough to want to carry on playing without fans in attendance. I haven't seen any big appeals for money from fans (goodwill doesn't pay the bills).

KHIST (and others) have asked fair questions. Some of which are about the lease of the ground. Some of these questions remain unanswered. That's with the club.

What has KHIST done for the club? Take a read https://www.khist.org.uk/achievements/

And the constitution: https://www.khist.org.uk/about/constitution/

Other supporters are free to form their own fundraising, non-critical groups if they wish.

Yes, there are some personality clashes and egos but I am glad there are supporters with an eye on the future and willing to ask the difficult questions. Critical friend etc.
I read the following comment by the club just as that...

“We are presently at a time where, despite the outright generosity of the Club’s supporters, commercial partners and others, the long-term future of Kidderminster Harriers has been jeopardised – as has the longevity of almost every club in the country. As a Board we believe that this is a time in which bodies such as KHIST should be seen to be seeking to offer financial assistance – even insisting on it – without any condition or caveat, regardless of its intentions or what has gone before."

My comment about the club wondering what KHIST does for the club, is not the same as what they 'have done' for the club; I'm a member of KHIST and I'm very grateful to what they have done in the past, so this is not criticism of KHIST, purely laying out why I believe there's this current stalemate.

Anyway, back to the original subject matter, I agree with you, Good luck to Monica in her new role!

Edgar T Peaceful
1st team
1st team

Post by Edgar T Peaceful » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:47 am

North Stand Ultra wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:36 pm
The world has changed and it needed to.

An unfortunate side effect is that highly trained, experienced and knowledgeable football people are being shunted out of the way to be replaced by newer models who's main selling point to the employer is that they fulfill a requirement.
Before this the best people for the job were not always getting the job because of structural, sometimes unconscious, racism. Positive descrimination is a way of addressing that long-standing problem. It's not perfect, but there we are.
Sam