Jamile Matt on trial at Sheff Utd.

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Jamile Matt on trial at Sheff Utd.

Post by garthrockett » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:16 pm

Thing is though, if the club have told him to go, in the hope Sheff want to buy him for the money, then its hardly his fault!
The club isnt in the business of setting up trials with another club; presumably thats his agent; the club hasn't got much option but to let him try out with whoever.

it all suggests to me the lad was on his way off to Peterboro ( or whoever) in January when the issue over citizenship cropped up on selection to England 'C' and nixed the deal. All its done is postpone the inevitable.
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:25 pm

Trials happen all the time, I seem to remember a couple of our players (cant remember who), spent a week or two weeks "training" with a championship club. They usually come back, but if not, and we get proper money for him (plus sell on clause) then its not the end of the world. Knowing Burr, he would have another non league gem up his sleeve to replace him. Will have to see how it pans out.

If he comes back, which I reckon he will, he could well be incredibly sharp and will score hatfuls of goals, and yes, will go in January (for a million), if he does so. Win win situation.

Of course I would rather he scores hatfuls, then stays all season and gets us up, will have to see how it all pans out.

BIGED63
1st team
1st team

Post by BIGED63 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:47 am

Has it crossed anyone's mind that We might be in a situation financialy where We need to be selling Jamma ? Just asking the question as I've heard a couple of things,
We Are Legion.
We Do Not Forgive,
We Do Not Forget.
Expect Us...

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:49 am

I find it strange the club has said nowt, bearing in mind it is now common knowledge, must say I'm surprised that it's a League 1 club - he's not that good - massive step up at this stage of his career and way too early - could mean he gets the wrong idea about staying at Harriers and doesn't apply himself on the pitch - seem to remember MBH went that way prior to his move. Ends up being "unsettled".

All in all I think we can safely say we should be planning for the season ahead without Matt - IF he does sort out his UK status and rturns to play for Harriers - that's a bonus.
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:17 am

Can't blame him at all for giving it a go, if it works out we will hopefully get a good deal out of it. As bighead says do we have to sell? We may have to? plus the deal, if it happens, could be too good to turn down? We coped when lee Hughes went, and Constable, we will always see our star players go on to better things at some point, we arent a big club, people need to remember last years horrific problem and get used tot he fact we arent a big fish in this league.
Yes we have stood by him, I wouldnt be mad if he went, end of the day if there is a good fee involved then we cant turn round and say no.
Club not saying anything about this, whats new lol
ps redandwhitebike whats with the pink front? thoughts?

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:35 am

Its a bit harsh to lambast him on the basis of 'owed loyalty'.

We stuck by him, but it was not just out of love, it was because we want him to carry on scoring goals for the club - a perfectly selfish reason.

SU are a massive club with regular 25k attendances and only recently in the Premiership. Imagine you were offered a job with an equivalent step up - 10 times bigger effectively. Then there is the training staff and facilities that we could only dream of. There is no one who would say 'no' out of loyalty.

Anyway - who would not want to live in Sheffield over Kiddy :lol:

It will be a good experience for him even if he does not get sold.

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:46 am

Totally agree ograzebrook, plsu we will hopefully get a decent fee out of it and a sell on clause? it will probably be 'undisclosed' anyway lol

Tamworth Harrier
1st team
1st team

Post by Tamworth Harrier » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:57 am

My main concern would be getting a suitable replacement so close to the start of the season. All the good strikers seem to have already found clubs. We are significantly weakened without him.

BIGED63
1st team
1st team

Post by BIGED63 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:12 pm

Tamworth Harrier wrote:My main concern would be getting a suitable replacement so close to the start of the season. All the good strikers seem to have already found clubs. We are significantly weakened without him.
Unless the club knew in the first place and have irons in the fire already? :roll:
We Are Legion.
We Do Not Forgive,
We Do Not Forget.
Expect Us...

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:16 pm

I find it strange the club has said nowt, bearing in mind it is now common knowledge, must say I'm surprised that it's a League 1 club - he's not that good - massive step up at this stage of his career and way too early - could mean he gets the wrong idea about staying at Harriers and doesn't apply himself on the pitch - seem to remember MBH went that way prior to his move. Ends up being "unsettled".

All in all I think we can safely say we should be planning for the season ahead without Matt - IF he does sort out his UK status and rturns to play for Harriers - that's a bonus.

What about blue ?? :lol:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:12 pm

Guinan Rowe and Malbon should do a job should Matt go, but its all ifs and buts at the moment isnt it.

Why not try red as it goes with your name?

Tamworth Harrier
1st team
1st team

Post by Tamworth Harrier » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:24 pm

I rate Malbon and Rowe but neither offer the pace and physical presence that Matt does. Malbon and Rowe imho as a front pair would not be good enough to better last seasons finish. If Matt comes back great if not we need a similar replacement.

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:27 pm

Plot thickens.

Harriers are fuming as SU did not have permission from KHFC, and neither did Matt. As usual, an agent has acted without the slightest bit of courtesy.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/other-football/kidderminster-harriers-fc/2012/07/12/harriers-fume-on-matts-blades-trial/

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:06 pm

This could get messy - Jamille Matt has not done his relations with KHFC any good whatsoever, and who knows whether he had the curtesy to inform the club, plus I'm not sure how Sheff United could possibly offer a contracted player a trial without the parent club's consent.
Not done his relationship with the fans any favours either.

If an offer comes - get rid, would be my take.

AGKman
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by AGKman » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:14 pm

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Perhaps explains why the club have stayed silent. Neither Jamille nor Sheff U appear to come out of this very well at all. Will be interesting what statement the club eventually makes, if they ever do.

There are two sides to every story, though?

Strange to say the least.
Born Green & White; will die Red & White