Jamile Matt on trial at Sheff Utd.

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Re: Jamile Matt on trial at Sheff Utd.

Post by pb12345 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:52 pm

ograzebrook wrote:Great article Phil. Very journalistic.

Also, I agree with your summary completely.

No need to deamonise Matt, he is obviously a bit thick to think this would not have been found out and damage his PR, but I suspect that the agent is the one who has caused this situation. Even if Matt was being a little bit selfish, so what. Live and let live, humans are all ultimately selfish creatures.

If he comes back, apologises and then scores a few goals, all will be forgiven as far as I am concerned.

He must sack his agent. Agents are not employed to make you unpopular (even if it benefits them in the long run). Such blood sucking leeches. They are the most poisonous element of the modern game.

I still think that there should be a heavy agent tax introduced to fund grass roots development. If they don't like that, then they could always switch to PPI claims.

Quite agree, if he apologises and admits he has made a mistake, def forgive him. When I was that age I certainly made some stupid errors , if he learns from it and knuckles down that is fine. I defy anyone not to make one or two huge mistakes in life.
Lets wait and see how this pans out in the days/weeks ahead before fully judging anyone.

aberred
1st team
1st team

Post by aberred » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:07 pm

ograzebrook wrote:Do you work in football or is your colleague a friend of Danny Wilsons?

Just curious.
I work for the BBC as a radio sports reporter in Yorkshire. My colleague works for BBC Radio Sheffield.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:47 pm

So no one else thinks that Matt's actions reflect badly on the club and make them look just a tiny tiny bit "small club/amteurish" - as I said previously did no one ask last Thursday the whereabouts of Jamille Matt? Special dispensation to start pre season training with the rest of the squad, and he doesn't turn up - days later he's having a trial with SU and KHFC are in complete ignorance :oops2:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Lovejoy
1st team
1st team

Post by Lovejoy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:09 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:So no one else thinks that Matt's actions reflect badly on the club and make them look just a tiny tiny bit "small club/amteurish" - as I said previously did no one ask last Thursday the whereabouts of Jamille Matt? Special dispensation to start pre season training with the rest of the squad, and he doesn't turn up - days later he's having a trial with SU and KHFC are in complete ignorance :oops2:
The club gave Jamille leave last week even though he was cleared to train with KHFC

"He had been expected to begin pre-season preparations with the club last week after been given special dispensation by the Border Agency to train with the Aggborough outfit. However, he had been given 'compassionate leave' by Harriers this week to deal with his on-going issues." (Shuttle)

So as far as the club were concerned Matt was at home.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:35 pm

That's OK then - everything cushty.

Just don't believe everything you read in the press :lol:

And more to the point - take everything JM says with a large pinch of sodium.

How can anyone believe Matt is committed to KHFC after this episode.??
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Lovejoy
1st team
1st team

Post by Lovejoy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:38 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:That's OK then - everything cushty.

Just don't believe everything you read in the press :lol:

And more to the point - take everything JM says with a large pinch of sodium.

How can anyone believe Matt is committed to KHFC after this episode.??

Agree RWM Matt and his agent do not come out of this well.
We'll just have to wait and see where this goes, but for what it's worth I think KHFC should get rid ASAP

tomtom93
Reserves
Reserves

Post by tomtom93 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:41 pm

why don't we see how he performs on the pitch before jumping on his back and questioning his commitment.

If he isn't performing and it's clear he doesn't want to be here then we can get on his back :smile:

aberred
1st team
1st team

Post by aberred » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:45 pm

My theory, rightly or wrongly, is that his agent was the main instigator in all of this.

Seemingly now SB holds all the cards once/if Jamma is available to play.

I'm sure Burr will have had a meeting with Jamma, to let him explain himself and/or give him the dressing down he may deserve depending on the circumstances.

He can then either use it as an opportunity for JM to prove that he wants to play for the club, or he can get rid.

Either way it's not a great situation to be in and it may take some time for fans to get behind him again.

I hope that fans give him a chance though, we don't know all the facts and what actually happened. So as long as Jamma is in a Harriers shirt and SB is happy to play him then I shall back him.

Lovejoy
1st team
1st team

Post by Lovejoy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:48 pm

aberred wrote:My theory, rightly or wrongly, is that his agent was the main instigator in all of this.

I'm sure Burr will have had a meeting with Jamma, to let him explain himself and/or give him the dressing down he may deserve depending on the circumstances.

He can then either use it as an opportunity for JM to prove that he wants to play for the club, or he can get rid.

Either way it's not a great situation to be in and it may take some time for fans to get behind him again.

I hope that fans give him a chance though, we don't know all the facts and what actually happened. So as long as Jamma is in a Harriers shirt and SB is happy to play him then I shall back him.
Can't argue with that summary. :smile:

tomtom93
Reserves
Reserves

Post by tomtom93 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:06 pm

Lovejoy wrote:
aberred wrote:My theory, rightly or wrongly, is that his agent was the main instigator in all of this.

Ditto. Lets push this aside and look forward to pre-season. Remember how strong the squad is looking. Real chance this year :grin:

:comeonharriers2:

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:47 pm

tomtom93 wrote:
Lovejoy wrote:

Completely agree, let club/Jamma sort this out internally, focus on the future.

Completely agree, let the club/Jamma deal with this internally. Focus on the future now.

Ditto. Lets push this aside and look forward to pre-season. Remember how strong the squad is looking. Real chance this year :grin:

:comeonharriers2:

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:50 pm

If Matt stays, lots of hard working performances and goals from him to win back a lot of fans.

aberred
1st team
1st team

Post by aberred » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:06 pm

If I was from SCFC then I wouldn't be too happy with the comments publicly questioning the integrity of the club.

Morgan
Respect the 4th Official
Respect the 4th Official

Post by Morgan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:07 pm

If he's that desperate to leave he'll come back and score 10 goals before December and move on a la MBH.
Colin Gordon supporters seem very keen on his mates who’ve bought the club from him, don’t they? :kissarse:

Richard Cranium
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Richard Cranium » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:18 pm

I'd gladly have him leave in January after winning us a few matches in the first half of the season. It seems inevitable that he will leave at some point anyway, so if we could at least get some final goals from him it'd make this situation a little easier to take.

All depends on his commitment when he plays, and when he is actually allowed to start playing, though.