Jon Harris?

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Re: Jon Harris?

Post by Phil » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:11 pm

Off Red Passion:
jonesfach wrote:Let's forget this loser !

Time to move on forwards, however, if kiddy fans want him out then of course we will support them. If they are up for giving him a chance then they are fools.

How he got the job I don't know but obviously the chairman at kiddy has not done his homework or checked out his c.v references properly.

moldroadred

Post by moldroadred » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:30 pm

It's quite a long read but it is an indication of Harris' murky past

http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=12689

Look forward to locking horns again next season

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:32 pm

Lets not forget how long he was with Shrewsbury originally. Were Wrexham/Macc in a mess before he joined them? Scapegoat?

Not saying that is the case, but must have had some sort of decent track record before wrexham / Macc. We should not get involved.

N.B. I should have know everything in the garden was too rosy, why oh why do we get doom and gloom every single pre season.

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:10 pm

There is little we can do about it and he would have to be a criminal mastermind to turn our current board and staff to the dark side.

If he was chairman, then it would be a concern, but Serrell has shown competence until now so we should respect the appointment and let the man do his job.

Lovejoy
1st team
1st team

Post by Lovejoy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:14 pm

moldroadred wrote:It's quite a long read but it is an indication of Harris' murky past

Maybe this article should be emailed to Mark Serrell before the ink dries on the contact.
Certainly questions need to be asked about this appointment and the KHIST board representative is probably the best channel to do this.

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:19 pm

Just read the article and it does not prove anything.

It associates him with lots of people who have been accused of wrong-doing, but thats it. Apart from that its "Harris has questions to answer ..." and thats it.

Seriously, we should all get off our internet forum high horses and only bring something to the table if it is concrete fact.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:46 pm

Lovejoy wrote:
moldroadred wrote:It's quite a long read but it is an indication of Harris' murky past

Maybe this article should be emailed to Mark Serrell before the ink dries on the contact.
Certainly questions need to be asked about this appointment and the KHIST board representative is probably the best channel to do this.
I assume that KHIST via their Board Representative is fully supportive of this appointment and played a full part in the appointment process. A confirmation of this might perhaps put an end to this somewhat unfortunate speculation.

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:45 pm

ograzebrook wrote:Just read the article and it does not prove anything.

It associates him with lots of people who have been accused of wrong-doing, but thats it. Apart from that its "Harris has questions to answer ..." and thats it.

Seriously, we should all get off our internet forum high horses and only bring something to the table if it is concrete fact.
In complete agreement!

BIGED63
1st team
1st team

Post by BIGED63 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:50 pm

ograzebrook wrote:Just read the article and it does not prove anything.

Accused associates? at least one of which is banned? Hardly inspiring IMHO!
I am sure Our Chairman has the best interests of KHFC at heart and has invested a great deal of time and money into KHFC and would not have made this appointment without doing His homework.
I appreciate the "positive" spin and the lets wait and see approach but surely even the biggest of optimists must have a little spark of doubt!?
We Are Legion.
We Do Not Forgive,
We Do Not Forget.
Expect Us...

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:53 pm

I think you'll find that our chairman won't be around for a while to stop Mr Harris from doing whatever he wants.

Give it till September.

BIGED63
1st team
1st team

Post by BIGED63 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Phil wrote:I think you'll find that our chairman won't be around for a while to stop Mr Harris from doing whatever he wants.

Give it till September.
Lets not pass judgement quite yet lets wait until the sporting covenant is lifted/bypassed! :wall: :rolllaugh:
We Are Legion.
We Do Not Forgive,
We Do Not Forget.
Expect Us...

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:13 pm

think you'll find that our chairman won't be around for a while to stop Mr Harris from doing whatever he wants
Its no exaggeration to say Mark will now exactly what JH is doing on a day-to-day ( if not an hour-to-hour) basis!! :wink:
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

BIGED63
1st team
1st team

Post by BIGED63 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:15 pm

garthrockett wrote:
think you'll find that our chairman won't be around for a while to stop Mr Harris from doing whatever he wants
Its no exaggeration to say Mark will now exactly what JH is doing on a day-to-day ( if not an hour-to-hour) basis!! :wink:
Does that include when JH is chairman? :grin:
We Are Legion.
We Do Not Forgive,
We Do Not Forget.
Expect Us...

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:16 pm

Phil wrote:I think you'll find that our chairman won't be around for a while to stop Mr Harris from doing whatever he wants.

Give it till September.
That sounds very ominous Phil

Is the sky going to fall on his head ?
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:22 pm

Personally I am always very sceptical when people come and work at the club and they don't previously have any personal link or affection for KHFC. We have seen various people come and go over the years at all levels, from bar manager, raffle ticket seller, to director who get in the door and then don't seem to give a toss and only seem in it for themselves. On the other hand, I realise that outside expertise is sometimes needed. I don't at all like the sound of this fella and his links and associates are a valid reason to be worried in my opinion. Let's see how it goes .......... can we do anything else?

I would imagine the vetting, interview and appointment procedure did not go past Mr and Mrs S?