Jon Harris?

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

BIGED63
1st team
1st team

Re: Jon Harris?

Post by BIGED63 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:24 pm

Sheffield Harrier wrote:Personally I am always very sceptical when people come and work at the club and they don't previously have any personal link or affection for KHFC. We have seen various people come and go over the years at all levels, from bar manager, raffle ticket seller, to director who get in the door and then don't seem to give a toss and only seem in it for themselves. On the other hand, I realise that outside expertise is sometimes needed. I don't at all like the sound of this fella and his links and associates are a valid reason to be worried in my opinion. Let's see how it goes .......... can we do anything else?

I would imagine the vetting, interview and appointment procedure did not go past Mr and Mrs S?
This.....
We Are Legion.
We Do Not Forgive,
We Do Not Forget.
Expect Us...

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:19 pm

Sheffield Harrier wrote:Personally I am always very sceptical when people come and work at the club and they don't previously have any personal link or affection for KHFC. We have seen various people come and go over the years at all levels, from bar manager, raffle ticket seller, to director who get in the door and then don't seem to give a toss and only seem in it for themselves. On the other hand, I realise that outside expertise is sometimes needed. I don't at all like the sound of this fella and his links and associates are a valid reason to be worried in my opinion. Let's see how it goes .......... can we do anything else?

I would imagine the vetting, interview and appointment procedure did not go past Mr and Mrs S?
Agreed

A surprise, I know but I have the same reservations - guilty by association maybe, but why get mixed up/connected with villains in the first place ?

Worried by your final sentence though - would have thought it would have been an executive decision.
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:22 pm

The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

harrys dad
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by harrys dad » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:24 pm

moldroadred wrote:It's quite a long read but it is an indication of Harris' murky past

http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=12689
I have read twohundrdpercent/ clubs in crisis, for many years now. It is full of meticulously researched articles concentrating on the murky financial aspects of football clubs at all levels. I have great concern that KHFC should have anything at all to do with anyone who is mentioned in the same breath as Stephen Vaughan or Colin Poole.

windsorharrier
1st team
1st team

Post by windsorharrier » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:28 pm

Although there may be no concrete facts surrounding this guy there is certainly a lot of smoke. I would ask why take the risk? surely there are more suitable candidates that would of applied had the position been advertised?

You have to ask why it hasn't been advertised, what is the khist position and involvement with this and also what bringing in a person with baggage like Jon Harris really means for the future of the club.

Have to say, whilst the on pitch experience was great last season this needless risky appointment, the recent needless price hike for kids and the poor arrangements for the stockport game do make me question the decision making skill of the clubs current leadership.
the conference's finest

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:53 pm

I believe that KHIST were NOT consulted in all this.

BIGED63
1st team
1st team

Post by BIGED63 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:04 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS.
Smoke & Mirrors ?
We Are Legion.
We Do Not Forgive,
We Do Not Forget.
Expect Us...

The White Snowman
1st team
1st team

Post by The White Snowman » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:39 pm

harrys dad wrote:
moldroadred wrote:It's quite a long read but it is an indication of Harris' murky past

http://twohundredpercent.net/?p=12689
I have read twohundrdpercent/ clubs in crisis, for many years now. It is full of meticulously researched articles concentrating on the murky financial aspects of football clubs at all levels. I have great concern that KHFC should have anything at all to do with anyone who is mentioned in the same breath as Stephen Vaughan or Colin Poole.

I was all for giving him a chance last night..............but not now.

Let's see if KHIST can do something about it.

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:00 pm

Flap flap flap.

The White Snowman
1st team
1st team

Post by The White Snowman » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:05 pm

ograzebrook wrote:Flap flap flap.
Let's see who is proved right

Maton
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Maton » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:35 pm

Like others i'm interested if the KHIST representative and the remaining KHFC board were involved in this decision.

I don't think that fans can be accused of flapping given what has and hasn't been reported on this message-board.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:17 pm

Lets let Serrell do what he wants, not scrutinise, criticise or be cynical about what happens. Accountability? Whats the point eh? He knows best.

Can't believe some of the drivel. Flapping? Hardly. The last time we didn't scrutinise properly Norgrove nearly took the club down with John Baldwin in tow. Why would you be as naive as to return to those days.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Morgan
Respect the 4th Official
Respect the 4th Official

Post by Morgan » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:54 pm

It baffles me how people are always so positive. Then again we'd have great potential if we were playing in the Southern League..
Colin Gordon supporters seem very keen on his mates who’ve bought the club from him, don’t they? :kissarse:

Crianza
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Crianza » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:57 pm

I think EVERYONE should be seriously concerned at this appointment.

I have not seen one single positive comment in relation to this guy's past record. What we have seen in print, is an admission from him that he had his fingers in the till when associated with a Cricket Club he was associated with.

He has known links to other undesirables in roles at other clubs and clubs he has been involved with, have encountered financial problems. Coincidence or what ?

Let me throw in one observation for consideration by all. In promoting the Early Bird Season Ticket Sales to be paid in installments, the club requested individuals fill in forms to include not only their Bank Account details, but also, surprisingly, their SECURITY NUMBER on the back of the card. Those people who foolishly supplied that information are now open to not only others, but in particular this guy as an employee of the club, potentially having access to this information.

DO YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH THAT THOUGHT ?

They say a Leopard never changes it's spots.

Questions need to be asked and answered about this appointment.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:36 am

Interesting. Note the dates these were posted on Blue & Amber regarding where Harris was going to surface next.
Post by jamo on Jun 9, 2013 at 10:40pm

Kidderminster would be my guess

Read more: http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/84000/harris-on-move-again#ixzz2WEkYoKFO
Post by monty on Jun 10, 2013 at 10:34am

Jon has gone to Kidderminster.
We didn't have an inkling until late yesterday afternoon whereas Shrews fans knew days ago :rage: