Player departures from other teams

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

tomtom93
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Player departures from other teams

Post by tomtom93 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:50 pm

Hartleburyharrier wrote:
Colgofray wrote:
Morgan wrote:Dan Bradley signed for Barnet after the end of the season but has decided he doesn't want to move to London..

http://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.co ... wo-months/
I rate the guy and would still like to see him in our colours again - even though it won't happen.

:like:
Aren't his roots in the Birmingham area, he started out at Aston Villa right?

We all know Steve Burr didn't rate him, but who's to say it wasn't GW idea to bring him here first time round?

Could be just the creative player in the final third we're looking for and I'm sure he started out as a right back so could always fill in.

I know I'm hoping for a lot here! :like:

sandman
1st team
1st team

Post by sandman » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:40 am

Can we please cut the crap about Bradley? He will go wherever he fancies i.e. wherever the money and a starting spot happen to be. I don't doubt he can play a bit but there is also no reason why someone should be guaranteed a place in your starting line-up. However if he'd like to come here for peanuts and fight for a place in the team, then be my guest :red_army:

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:46 am

We all know Steve Burr didn't rate him
Not strictly true- at the fans' forum Burr stated he was offered a contract , and that Bradley went away and came back saying Alfreton had offered a bit more, so we offered an improved deal to which Bradley responded Alfreton had now upped their deal.
so rather than have him mess us about he was told 'okay take the Alfreton contract and good luck'.

Bradley was never destined to get one over SB on his favourite subject. :smile:
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:04 am

garthrockett wrote:
We all know Steve Burr didn't rate him
Not strictly true- at the fans' forum Burr stated he was offered a contract , and that Bradley went away and came back saying Alfreton had offered a bit more, so we offered an improved deal to which Bradley responded Alfreton had now upped their deal.
so rather than have him mess us about he was told 'okay take the Alfreton contract and good luck'.

Bradley was never destined to get one over SB on his favourite subject. :smile:

Dan Bradley was decent in the Jack Byrne mould - but he wasn't vastly better, which is why he ended up at Alfreton.

Struggled to hold down a regular starting place there towards the end of the season, & it may well be that he was angling for pay rise there too, but over played his hand again and lost out to Nicky Law like he did with SB.

He is now without employment, having initially signed for Barnet, but now says he doesn't want to play for them.

Not exactly the epitome of good player/club relations and I would suggest not what Kiddy want when every player in the squad has to justify their existence, which is why the likes of Bradley and Fowler won't be seen again in a Harriers shirt I don't think.
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Tamworth Harrier
1st team
1st team

Post by Tamworth Harrier » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:59 am

Would really improve our midfield which I think everybody agrees is going to be a problem this season, however he clearly isnt a club man and generally goes wherever the money is. Not sure he is somebody we want at our club again.

Hartleburyharrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Hartleburyharrier » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:07 pm

Not sure he is somebody we want at our club again.

I'd have him in a shot, as R&W Mike says, he is in the Jack Byrne mould, but that is the JB of 3 seasons ago, when he was injury free and exciting to watch. Give him a pay-as-you-play contract.

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:05 pm

The mind boggles at this coming season's playing budget down at Forest Green. I see they've now signed John Parkin from Fleetwood. A fair scoring record several years ago, but he makes Gashie look very slender with the excess he appears to be carrying these days. However, he's probably just heavy boned (that's the excuse I use!) but a very experienced striker nonetheless.

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:23 pm

Well that was a quick about-turn by Dan Bradley. Following his decision not to stay with his new club Barnet, he's gone back to Alfreton on a 2 year deal. Bet he got a wage increase in the bargain too.

harrys dad
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by harrys dad » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:01 pm

Bradley just continues to reinforce his reputation as a mercenary with no loyalty to any club, like approximately 95% of footballers.

Tamworth Harrier
1st team
1st team

Post by Tamworth Harrier » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:20 pm

Spot on harrys dad yet hartlebury would have him like a shot.

Hartleburyharrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Hartleburyharrier » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:39 pm

Tamworth Harrier wrote:Spot on harrys dad yet hartlebury would have him like a shot.

Still would mate, if not him, then someone exactly like him, it's what we need. We seem to have strikers and defenders by the bucketful, but decent midfielders ? Makes me smile, when I see people on here calling for the likes of Fowler to come back, who's the bigger Mercenary ????

Tamworth Harrier
1st team
1st team

Post by Tamworth Harrier » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:53 pm

If you read my posts you will see I totally agree we have big problems in midfield next season however although I think both Bradley and Fowler are good players I wouldn't have either back at the club (unless it was a swap with jok).

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:56 pm

Tamworth Harrier wrote:If you read my posts you will see I totally agree we have big problems in midfield next season however although I think both Bradley and Fowler are good players I wouldn't have either back at the club (unless it was a swap with jok).

:like: :like: :like:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:29 am

"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:22 pm

I hope to go to the game when we play The Shrews, mainly to see how Mickey D is getting on, but they certainly don't have the
financial clout Fleetwood had (and still do) when Mellon took them up, always had(and still do) a feeling of angst when his name is mentioned, for his mercenary attitude to Harriers - how long did it take to pay him off??

Some of his signings look a bit dodgy - Mangan being a prime example!!