non League Day

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, garthrockett, harriershane

Hartleburyharrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: non League Day

Post by Hartleburyharrier » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:11 pm

Maton wrote:I'd just like to thank everyone for their support of non league day at Kidderminster Harriers. There are too many people to thank but I will start with the organising committee of Ian Nash, Dave Mole, Karl Rose, Karl Davies, Geoff Coles, Dave Williams and Adam Matthews. We were greatly assisted by Matt Wall and Scott Jones at KHFC. Thanks to the many other people who helped publicise the event.

The reported crowd of 2607 included 850 more fans than our average of 1700 this season. This is a 50% increase and should easily have covered any loss in reducing the prices.

There was a lovely atmosphere around the ground and everything seemed to go well. The books, lollies, face painting and half time entertainment were well received and who knows we may have encouraged the next generation of Harriers fans. Plus we have promoted the club to the local community. Personally it was great to see Jamma and Joe back at the club.
The second half performance was the icing on the cake.

We may have a few problems off the pitch at the moment but days like today prove what a great club and fans we have.

Going to have a beer now!

Dave Pountney

:worthy:

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:27 pm

Hartleburyharrier wrote:
Maton wrote:I'd just like to thank everyone for their support of non league day at Kidderminster Harriers. There are too many people to thank but I will start with the organising committee of Ian Nash, Dave Mole, Karl Rose, Karl Davies, Geoff Coles, Dave Williams and Adam Matthews. We were greatly assisted by Matt Wall and Scott Jones at KHFC. Thanks to the many other people who helped publicise the event.

The reported crowd of 2607 included 850 more fans than our average of 1700 this season. This is a 50% increase and should easily have covered any loss in reducing the prices.

There was a lovely atmosphere around the ground and everything seemed to go well. The books, lollies, face painting and half time entertainment were well received and who knows we may have encouraged the next generation of Harriers fans. Plus we have promoted the club to the local community. Personally it was great to see Jamma and Joe back at the club.

We may have a few problems off the pitch at the moment but days like today prove what a great club and fans we have.

Dave Pountney

Brilliant effort Dave and the guys. You deserve the odd sherbet or several. :grin:

sprials
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by sprials » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:54 pm

ta......and well done to the 2500 KHFC fans that did the club proud today
Last edited by sprials on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youth team....THE WAY FORWARD

grassroots is where it all starts, support it before it's too late

windsorharrier
1st team
1st team

Post by windsorharrier » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:05 pm

Hartleburyharrier wrote:

Dave Pountney

I agree, a good day out and shows the potential of offering good value entrance fees for kids. Will be interesting to see the figures, but you cant put a value on real engagement with the local community.
the conference's finest

ograzebrook
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by ograzebrook » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:44 pm

Dave Pountney
Good effort. I came down from Sheffield for this one and I'm glad I did. Good day out.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:47 pm

Looking at the other attendences in the Conference Premier yesterday only Grimsby & Chester had more so well done- looks like other clubs missed a trick in not entering into the spirit of non league day as much as those at Aggborough yesterday! :scarf:
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

BigBernieWright
Youth team
Youth team

Post by BigBernieWright » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:32 am

Surely after the successful day on Saturday I would do something on the same lines for the next home match especially while the team are doing really well and generating a lot of local interest.

Seemed more than 2600+ to me and my lad?

Can we have a whip round for Harry the Harrierz new team kit ?

Poor fella must of felt like a roast chicken in that costume :)

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:41 am

I'd say keep the 'kids for a quid' going at least up to Christmas.
- and have some special offers planned ready for this years FA cup run to the 3rd round! :wink:
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:57 am

Kids for a quid is a good call.

I can't see even the most awkward season ticket holder complaining about that concession. Will bring full-paying adults in of course.

I do think you need continuity in these schemes for maximum effect.
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin

Maton
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Maton » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:22 am

We are waiting for the figures from KHFC to compare how the gate receipts compared to an average home game (Dartford/Alfreton). We'll then get a better idea on how succesful Saturday was apart from the obvious.

In the current climate its vital that any future reduction is covered by an increase in the gate and these figures will help plan any future promotion and evaluate the success of non league day which is vital.

I like the kids for a quid idea. I think it should be done on selected Saturday games so that you can measure its success. Target local schools etc.

spitalfields
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by spitalfields » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:08 pm

Maton wrote:We are waiting for the figures from KHFC to compare how the gate receipts compared to an average home game (Dartford/Alfreton). We'll then get a better idea on how succesful Saturday was apart from the obvious.

In the current climate its vital that any future reduction is covered by an increase in the gate and these figures will help plan any future promotion and evaluate the success of non league day which is vital.

I like the kids for a quid idea. I think it should be done on selected Saturday games so that you can measure its success. Target local schools etc.
I'm glad to see some proper evaluation is happening. It's also important not to get too carried away and assume that the benefits of a one-off event would be repeated on a more regular basis.

I like the idea of kids for a quid, and would agree that Saturday games are the ones to target for this. If I had my work hat on, I would suggest doing this over a few weeks, and setting up some way of seeing how many newbies return. e.g. issue a 'card' for the four home games before Christmas, for kids to enter in a prize draw for a Christmas goodie-bag, one entry for every ticket-stub on the card.

The problem is anyone who has bought a kid's season ticket could be understandably upset at the sudden drop in gate prices.

Maton
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Maton » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:44 pm

spitalfields wrote:
Maton wrote:We are waiting for the figures from KHFC to compare how the gate receipts compared to an average home game (Dartford/Alfreton). We'll then get a better idea on how succesful Saturday was apart from the obvious.

I'm glad to see some proper evaluation is happening. It's also important not to get too carried away and assume that the benefits of a one-off event would be repeated on a more regular basis.

I like the idea of kids for a quid, and would agree that Saturday games are the ones to target for this. If I had my work hat on, I would suggest doing this over a few weeks, and setting up some way of seeing how many newbies return. e.g. issue a 'card' for the four home games before Christmas, for kids to enter in a prize draw for a Christmas goodie-bag, one entry for every ticket-stub on the card.

The problem is anyone who has bought a kid's season ticket could be understandably upset at the sudden drop in gate prices.
I agree its a delicate matter. I heard one or two season ticket holders moaning on Saturday that we had reduced the prices. I can see their point as they have supported the club over the summer and dont get much of a saving already. However you have to sometimes look at the bigger picture?

The KHFC board gave us the green light to try this initiative and hopefully the figures show that it was a success. If so i'm sure we'll be able to do someting else at some point.

Sheffield Harrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Sheffield Harrier » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:23 pm

I'm not one of the moaners but if I miss 5 league games (which I might due to work, holiday etc) I lose out by having a season ticket. If a handful of games have reduced pay on the gate prices then I lose out further.

sprials
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by sprials » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:07 pm

Sheffield Harrier wrote:I'm not one of the moaners but if I miss 5 league games (which I might due to work, holiday etc) I lose out by having a season ticket. If a handful of games have reduced pay on the gate prices then I lose out further.
#

don't go on holiday during football season....sorted!
youth team....THE WAY FORWARD

grassroots is where it all starts, support it before it's too late

pricey5
1st team
1st team

Post by pricey5 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:03 pm

Sheffield Harrier wrote:I'm not one of the moaners but if I miss 5 league games (which I might due to work, holiday etc) I lose out by having a season ticket. If a handful of games have reduced pay on the gate prices then I lose out further.
I have to miss several games due to work so I take the selfish decision and don't buy a season ticket as I will lose out. It's just a choice we have to make.