Season Tickets Next Season

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

sprials
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Season tickets

Post by sprials » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:33 am

yes
youth team....THE WAY FORWARD

grassroots is where it all starts, support it before it's too late

Jonkers
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Jonkers » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:44 am

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leroy

Post by Leroy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:59 pm

Errrr NOOooooooo!!

Joe Stalin
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Joe Stalin » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:59 pm

Haven't we done this topic very recently?

Anyway, because I can't resist a good poll (ooh Matron!)...

NO. But not just because of GW or his awful style of football.

steve555
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: Season Tickets Next Season

Post by steve555 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:25 am

The sale of MJ was the end for me. It wasn`t just another sale to me. I found it hugely symbolic and it proved to me this lot are totally incapable of running a football club and that I am not prepared to invest anymore emotion into this club. Please note emphasis on emotion and not money. The emotion destroys me far more than wasted money. I wil contribute as much as possible to KHIST.

Someone on here summed it up a few weeks ago;

The plan: Launch a miraculous play off challenge against all odds and then destroy it in January.

Its a very very depressing business plan. A plan that is absolutely no fun whatsoever for the long suffering supporter. Just heart break and frustration.. We had a pretty much guaranteed passport to 10s of thousands of pounds in gate receipts (and the medium term future of this club) against Halifax, Barnet and Bristol Rovers alone (based on mj proven ability to bag us points and the PROOF that we pull in huge gates for do or die games) and possibly £100s of thousands in play off semi/final receipts. This lottery ticket was ripped up due to our pathetic, ridiculous obsession with chasing any amount of cash purely because of a contract length.

It took me 5 minutes to explain to my young son that some assets are worth more being owned than sold. A concept he grasped with greater understanding than this current lot. I knew just after midnight January 31st that we were basically forfeiting our play off challenge which was WELL on course. From that moment I knew I would have to go to my calender and miserably cross out the dates ahead that were filling me with excitement MONTHS ahead. i.e Barnet and Bristol Rovers at home, the huge gates. the huge atmosphere and most importantly the HUGE pay days. I knew at THAT moment that we would have to face Bristol Rovers as the away team and that we would be outnumbered by up to 3-1 at home. THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN A GAME ON THE SAME LEVEL AS THE 6-7000 WE HAD AGAINST STOCKPORT! Instead we sell MJ and then a board member publicly declares surprise and disappointment at the Halifax gate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could have told them this on January 31st. I didn`t go to Halifax and I was disappointed in myself at how much I enjoyed watching that game unfold from elsewhere (a much happier place) It was actually the easiest thing I have done in a while.

N.Bliss, CheyD, MGash, KS, RS etc all made sense. But to be in with a greater than 1 in 5 chance of the play offs, even after all these releases,and then STILL effectively decide to end the season is pathetic and I refuse to put myself through the mental torture and predictability of it all ever again. Why should I. Life is too short. The previous decision maker sold Lolley the instant it was possible and again ended a play off push and the receipts and interest this would generate for the poor fans. Nobody running this club has any right whatsoever to criticize the timing of the Lolley sale and then preside over the MJ sale which so predictably killed off our season so early. If either the entire management team OR directors team failed to realize that we were a one man team in easily the worst league I have seen, and that he alone could do for us what Wayne Rooney and Ronaldo did for Man Utd (i.e win games and indeed premiership titles without having to have a decent team around him) then I am in absolutely no doubt that this was the worst decision I have seen. Why couldn`t we just stop and think for one minute? Why cant we ever stand up and have the balls to realize that business transactions are a 2 way process. Motherwell are free to keep MJ for the entire completion of MJs playing career yet we cant insist that he is unavailable to leave for just 8-12 short weeks?????? (eg: via loan)

For the first time in 20 or 30 years I am not renewing my season ticket. I am happy to support my club through thick and thin when we are going through miserable times NOT of our own doing. I am not going to support my club when all we do is generate our own problems through pathetic management. Is this all due to one sale? Absolutely not. This is due to the fact that unless I am told differently, this lot would again see us reach play offs and then cash out knowing full well it would kill yet another season (if nobody at the club realised the importance this season of MJs contribution both pointswise and financially then frankly they should be nowhere near any football related activity) IF anybody tells me I have to support THIS directorship through thick and thin... sod off.

There seem to be many reasons for not renewing (advertising boards for democratic political parties, the pitch management team which in my eyes is completely missing the point, the employment of GW and MC, again missing the actual point, lack of communication etc etc etc) Well the only way I would listen any further is if there is any acknowledgement that they can not expect fans to put up with this soul destroying business plan and that they do recognize the FINANCIAL importance of capitalizing on an unexpected play off push. Or have I got this all wrong and play off gates are infact all loss making?

sprials
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Season Tickets Next Season

Post by sprials » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:05 pm

The sale of MJ was the end for me. It wasn`t just another sale to me. I found it hugely symbolic and it proved to me this lot are totally incapable of running a football club and that I am not prepared to invest anymore emotion into this club. Please note emphasis on emotion and not money. The emotion destroys me far more than wasted money. I wil contribute as much as possible to KHIST

Steve
MJ was offered a new contract and tuned it down. at the end of May he was a free agent. clause in contract said that could talk to anyone once he had refused a new deal.

we could have kept him here until May and have a player who wouldn't play and at end of MAY get nothing for him
or sell him , get some money in the bank.

what would you have done regarding MJ? I personally would get the money instead of nothing I ntoo was sad to see him go as it was the signal of playoffs going south again.

are you going to fans forum as I think you will hear a lot that might make you think again on SOME ( not all ) of what you have said.
youth team....THE WAY FORWARD

grassroots is where it all starts, support it before it's too late