Adam Dawson

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Jonkers
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: Adam Dawson

Post by Jonkers » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:41 pm

Very good signing along with two young keepers. Still worried re goals saw both B'ham & Shrews although only friendlies we played very well. Lets hope we have an improvement on both tactics and subs on last year.
Against all odds looking forward to the new season. unfortunately will miss the fist game on hols in France not via Calais thank god.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:20 pm

Listening to the interview he did when joining Bristol Rovers on loan - you have to ask why he didn't sign a permanent deal with them to play in League 2 - I'm sure he could play at that level - maybe he wasn't offered a contract however strange that might seem.

Which ever way it's their loss and Harriers gain and a big credit to management for securing his signature.

He may well turn out to be a pivotal signing.
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Cal's Spongebag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Cal's Spongebag » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:04 pm

BIGED63 wrote:To be fair to Mike, I'd been told the budget was spent but not been told about the deals for Snedker and Dawson which had already been accounted for.

Were they already accounted for? Or have We gone cap in hand again? Or Spent money on the strength of the BOD's being confident We will easily beat 1100 average gate?

:wall:

Time will tell! COYR
Dawson is exactly the sort of player who will boost the gates.

The sort of player who will lift the crowd, which in turn lifts the team, which lifts the crowd, which lifts the…..oh, you get it.
There are people out there who provide constructive criticism and I thank them. Then there are people who criticize solely because it makes them feel smarter. - Benjamin Franklin

BIGED63
1st team
1st team

Post by BIGED63 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:10 pm

Cal's Spongebag wrote:
BIGED63 wrote:To be fair to Mike, I'd been told the budget was spent but not been told about the deals for Snedker and Dawson which had already been accounted for.

Were they already accounted for? Or have We gone cap in hand again? Or Spent money on the strength of the BOD's being confident We will easily beat 1100 average gate?

Time will tell! COYR

The sort of player who will lift the crowd, which in turn lifts the team, which lifts the crowd, which lifts the…..oh, you get it.
I couldn't agree more. I'm not trying to be a gloom merchant. No one is more pleased with the Dawson signing than Me. I am however a realist, just worry given Our "fresh start/clean slate/openness", where the money has come from? 99% sure We didn't have the money to offer a deal, but what would I know lol.

:khfc:
We Are Legion.
We Do Not Forgive,
We Do Not Forget.
Expect Us...

Badger
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Badger » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:46 pm

BIGED63 wrote:
Cal's Spongebag wrote:

Time will tell! COYR

I couldn't agree more. I'm not trying to be a gloom merchant. No one is more pleased with the Dawson signing than Me. I am however a realist, just worry given Our "fresh start/clean slate/openness", where the money has come from? 99% sure We didn't have the money to offer a deal, but what would I know lol.

That's my point you don't know for sure I mean your are not 100% by your own words you are only 99% .

just would like to say a good negotiator never shows all of his options straight away, maybe just maybe a bit of poker playing was going on when the budget was being announced , just as the premiership big 4 always end up paying over the odds for players perhaps by saying we have no money is a good way of getting players a little cheaper.

Just a thought.

"Have more than you show, speak less than you know." - Shakespeare

The White Snowman
1st team
1st team

Post by The White Snowman » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:01 pm

The way we are talking, we have signed a League 1 regular who is going to storm the division creating 50 goals this season.

There must be a reason why he has ended up with us and nobody else, top 10 in conference or a league side has come in for him!

That reason doesn't seem apparent yet.

Let's good it really isn't too good to be true though and we have signed a good un' and stole a march on everyone else this time

Aobt
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Aobt » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:37 am

I have a feeling he is one of those players who needs to be the big fishint he squad and not a little minnow. As such he fits better with us than say a league 2 side.
It is not whether you win or lose. But how you apportion blame.

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:21 pm

We have had more income come in over this summer (not meaning season tickets) than in previous summer periods. That may have helped.

I see Dawson as a family man (missed his sisters while down at Bristol), we are that bit nearer his family, also he sees us as a "family" club which must help, will hopefully mean he blossoms even more with us.

Seems like he wants to fit in, do well, and be happy! Counts for a lot. Genuine person!

freddy92
Youth team
Youth team

Post by freddy92 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:41 pm

This signing proves we are still an ambitious club! I had my doubts about having Creighton on the management team but he has proved his worth! I also don't believe the current board would make any risks regarding our money situation :flag:

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:50 pm

freddy92 wrote:This signing proves we are still an ambitious club! I had my doubts about having Creighton on the management team but he has proved his worth! I also don't believe the current board would make any risks regarding our money situation :flag:
Good Post.

I think a lot of people that have criticized Creights and GW, dont seem to understand or appreciate the damn hard work they put in behind the scenes.

It takes time to nurture and bring in/bring on players.

I am slightly off subject again, but I URGE everyone on here to get behind the whole team, management, staff, fellow supporter, it is the ONLY way the club can move forward.

Thank you and goodnight