Adam Dawson

Everything Harriers and football related.

Moderators: harry211, Phil, garthrockett, harriershane

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Adam Dawson

Post by pershoreharrier » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:10 pm

I see Lincoln are looking for another striker - I seem to recall they fancied Reid a while back.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:12 pm

tonythescout wrote:Hopefuly see Dawson in and a loan left back in, thats us sorted then

Ideally see a target man in to partner Styche but Whild thing has tied up Spencer Singh and Hales lol well done Whild!

Dawson - hopefully.

Loan left back - I doubt it.

Striker/target man - Desperately needed and has been since Danny Wright departed, but with any number of (so called) strikers coming out of his ears I can't see the justification for another one - money wise.

I don't see Hales or Spencer as good enough for Conference football - (as strikers), and Singh has an awful lot of improvement to make to score at this level, though he could well do so with experience - it will be a sharp learning curve.

That leaves Styche & Reid to score the goals,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Unless of course GW was to experiment with Verma as a striker - he is arguably the best in the air of the three !!
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:53 pm

It's clear that we're investing for the future as well as the present, and players like Spencer and Singh appear decent bets for the future.

Yes we may be one striker short of a great squad but surely this is all looking much, much better than anyone expected? If we sign Adam Dawson and, ideally, Rob Taylor too, then I think we'll have worked absolute wonders with the budget we have.

And as has been quite clearly stated more than once by the new and improved boardroom - Rome wasn't built in a day.

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:32 pm

If we had pots of money (which we don't), Dawson would have signed weeks ago. Its all very well people saying why hasn't Whild done this, that.

not trying to stick up for him by the way, just that life is not that easy!!

If only it was.

Sometimes a bit of patience has to be the watchword (by management, by everyone). Of course, if Dawson gets a better offer, we will lose out.

That's life.

Here endeth my sermon

:rolllaugh:

COYR

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:22 pm

pb12345 wrote:If we had pots of money (which we don't), Dawson would have signed weeks ago. Its all very well people saying why hasn't Whild done this, that.

I think that's where the frustration of fans is most acutely felt - the budget has been slashed and it goes without saying that money has to be a concern going forward and that's the crux of this pre season really - we are fast approaching the start of the season
and fans are concerned that there are gaps in the first team squad, but GW has any number of 'wannabees' for the future.

Has money been used on youngsters at the expense of building the first team

To me the priorities have become blurred, are we that desperate to foster and bring on youngsters for the future that the first team squad has to take a hit that leaves obvious shortcomings in the team that can take the field in the Conference, but we have an under 21 side that will hold it's own against the equivalent from bigger clubs.

The number one priority and the major consideration for fans is how Harriers perform in the Conference National.

The general consensus is that Harriers will be OK and that a mid table finish is within reach and then next season we can kick on.

But there still remains a nagging doubt that goals are going to be hard to come by and that Harriers are going to struggle.
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:27 pm

If we sign Dawson then I have no nagging doubts that we'll struggle, at least not in terms of any likelihood of relegation. And there was a general consensus that we'd settle for 5th from bottom this season remember...

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:39 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:
pb12345 wrote:If we had pots of money (which we don't), Dawson would have signed weeks ago. Its all very well people saying why hasn't Whild done this, that.

I think that's where the frustration of fans is most acutely felt - the budget has been slashed and it goes without saying that money has to be a concern going forward and that's the crux of this pre season really - we are fast approaching the start of the season
and fans are concerned that there are gaps in the first team squad, but GW has any number of 'wannabees' for the future.

Has money been used on youngsters at the expense of building the first team

To me the priorities have become blurred, are we that desperate to foster and bring on youngsters for the future that the first team squad has to take a hit that leaves obvious shortcomings in the team that can take the field in the Conference, but we have an under 21 side that will hold it's own against the equivalent from bigger clubs.

The number one priority and the major consideration for fans is how Harriers perform in the Conference National.

The general consensus is that Harriers will be OK and that a mid table finish is within reach and then next season we can kick on.

But there still remains a nagging doubt that goals are going to be hard to come by and that Harriers are going to struggle.

Indeed, and if we happen to get injuries, could be a tightrope situation, very finely balanced. Though one positive, is the likes of Torquay who have got rid totally of the academy, which makes me think we are in a better position than them at least.
Slightly off thread for a second.

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:24 pm

Signed up I see, fantastic news and a very good signing.

BIGED63
1st team
1st team

Post by BIGED63 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:26 pm

:like: :player: :red_army:
We Are Legion.
We Do Not Forgive,
We Do Not Forget.
Expect Us...

Mayo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Mayo » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:46 pm

Fantastic news! Under tough circumstances, you have to say Whild and co have put together a very decent squad.. COYR!!
Keeper of the fabled Lee Hughes Red Boot, Croasdale #4, Prosser #16 & Bell #14 (very lightly used) shirts.

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:58 pm

Yea central midfield looks very strong and we have a target man and a left back
we have 5 strikers, 4 of which are shyte in my opinion and bar Clarke and Maxwell a poor central midfield, however we should survive this season.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:03 pm

No doubt we have an exciting player who will be worth the admission on his own. Delighted with this.

Jackygold55
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Jackygold55 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:05 pm

Given the budget, we have i think, assembled a very good squad capable of at least mid table. It will be interesting to see how we fair against teams in our league, really buzzing for this season after last week (god knows why!)

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:29 pm

Superb news, welcome Adam and well done everyone at Kiddy.

Really not quite sure how we managed this coup - players like this are the kind that singlehandedly make following a team that much more exciting.

aberred
1st team
1st team

Post by aberred » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:37 pm

Creights deserves the credit for bringing him to the club.

An exciting signing and one that will be key for any success this season.

GK, defence and midfield certainly look strong.

Styche is working manfully up front and Singh could spring a surprise as well.

I'd expect Spencer to go out on loan, and perhaps Reid to depart aswell, with the arrival of a target man from the FL.

This season will certainly be interesting, and the management team deserve the credit for assembling the squad they have with the budget available.