Eric Bristow RIP

Discussion about anything other than the Harriers or football in general in here please. We even have a dartboard :)

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Eric Bristow RIP

Post by Phil » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:42 pm

Not a fan of this pub game but another gone young to a heart attack. I know many on here will be saddened by it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/43663426

KHFC Supporter
Youth team
Youth team

Re: Eric Bristow RIP

Post by KHFC Supporter » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:22 pm

A fantastic darts player in his day and a brilliant entertainer. Will be sadly missed. RIP Crafty Cockney.

harriershane
1st team
1st team

Re: Eric Bristow RIP

Post by harriershane » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:52 pm

He may have been controversial, but he was a working class bloke who happened to be great at the working mans game. Having met him and been in his company for a couple of hours, I found him to have time for everyone and more than happy to engage. A quick story. Whilst he was outside having a fag, I took the opportunity to practice on the board that was being used, as did some others. Eric slipped back in, joined the q. Unbeknownst to me of course until that cockney growl piped up “nice darts kid” after I hit a 140. Later, there was a little competition thing that to qualify for you had to throw with Eric and match his score. After setting easy targets for the others, he sets me 100 with a little smile and a wink.

With no Eric bristow, there is no Phil Taylor. Without Eric bristow and Phil Taylor, there is no darts. Coupled with the death of Ray Wilkins, sport has lost a pair of icons.
He who dares...wins