Sir Roger Moore

Discussion about anything other than the Harriers or football in general in here please. We even have a dartboard :)

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Sir Roger Moore

Post by Phil » Tue May 23, 2017 2:27 pm

Zorro
1st team
1st team

Re: Sir Roger Moore

Post by Zorro » Tue May 23, 2017 3:00 pm

Brett Sinclair was my childhood hero

Charlie Sheen

Post by Charlie Sheen » Wed May 24, 2017 10:24 am

RIP Sir Roger, but let's not ignore the 22 that died in that inexplicably deplorable attack in Manchester yesterday. RIP to the 22

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Wed May 24, 2017 10:48 am

Charlie Sheen wrote:RIP Sir Roger, but let's not ignore the 22 that died in that inexplicably deplorable attack in Manchester yesterday. RIP to the 22
I did consider that but by creating a thread for the tragic events in Manchester I could then end up with some comments that could be taken the wrong way and I would have had to begin censoring. Something I do not want.

I looked on other footy forums to see if they had mentioned the bombing but generally they were steering clear. Probably for the same reasons that I had.

I suppose that fear of saying anything is now a part of living in this country when free speech is on one hand allowed but then on the other hand, not allowed. A sad indictment on our modern times that we can express our grief, show compassion in helping along with other members of our communities but cannot vent our true anger at the followers and disciples of such atrocities for fear of being called a racist.

Charlie Sheen

Post by Charlie Sheen » Wed May 24, 2017 11:43 am

Yes I agree, Phil. Free speech is not allowed these days. But the vast majority of people from all religions are sensible people who condemn this atrocity. Yesterday's events had nothing to do with religion, and everything to do with crime. I'll leave it at that.

Loved Roger Moore in The Saint by the way, which I think by co-incidence, was showing on ITV4 at the time his death was announced.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Wed May 24, 2017 12:25 pm

I think the respect shown by the Man. United squad this morning pretty much summed up the football world's feelings.

There were some media comments on whether the Europa final should be postponed, but the world (including the football one) has to try and move on with some sort of normality, otherwise the extremists win.
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

georged123
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by georged123 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:03 pm

This excellent story about Sir Roger has been doing the rounds.
https://twitter.com/MrKenShabby/status/867036448037511169