Ray Wilkins RIP

Discussion about anything other than the Harriers or football in general in here please. We even have a dartboard :)

Moderators: harry211, Phil, harriershane, garthrockett

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Ray Wilkins RIP

Post by Phil » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:12 pm

Finally passed away since his heart attack over the weekend. Has been in a coma since being admitted to hospital.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43644529

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Ray Wilkins RIP

Post by Colgofray » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:19 pm

Tragic news for Ray's family and such a huge loss to football at such a young age. One of England's most skilful players and a pleasure to watch. The art of a gifted player where he seemed to create so much time on the ball and had great peripheral vision to pick out his players with ease. I first saw him back in the 70's playing for Chelsea against the Baggies. A class act even then. Ray 'Butch' Wilkins R.I.P.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:57 pm

I saw him play for Man Utd against Villa at Villa Park. Tremendous player with great vision and delivery. He spent most of the game in the centre circle spraying balls forward to Utd strikers and wingers without any rushing or panicking. Just calmly controlled the game delivering another win for Utd with some ease.

sandman
1st team
1st team

Post by sandman » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:30 pm

My word. Lovely fella. RIP Ray.

Jonkers
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Jonkers » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:16 pm

I was privileged to see him play at Stamford Bridge many times, captain at 18, England debut 20 a true Chelsea legend ( a overused word ) wherever he played he was a true gentleman so different today. A sad miss by all who love football.