Reece Styche
No votes

Total votes: 27

Maton
Subs bench
Subs bench

Re: 16-09-14 Altrincham (H)

Post by Maton » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:27 pm

There will be a Grimsby match preview on the official site tomorrow along with updates on our injured players.

Twitter match updates will also resume.

PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by PIRATE OF ZARAGOZA » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:40 pm

Whild says in the Worcester news that Gittings and Hodgkiss are injured but might be back by the weekend

pb12345
1st team
1st team

Post by pb12345 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:00 pm

Amateurish? Possibly.

Then again, have worked for a few organisations that dont advertise until about 3 months "after" someone has left.

More than ever before, Non League clubs (in general), get by with the help of volunteers and fundraisers (KHIST as an example), as well as individuals.

Yes we have wasted so much money the last 12 months, but really do not want to go over that again.

One can only hope that we get another cup run (only this time do not do anything stupid with the money).

Then maybe we can rebuild (in a sustainable manner).

:red_army:

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:04 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:
pb12345 wrote:
redandwhitemike wrote:
Bigfoot wrote:Well, I thought Gash brought a lot to the party last night. He held the ball when played up to him and allowed others to get upfield instaed of it being nicked off Blissetts toes and us being on the defensive again.

Johnson looked good again - working harded in defence than he used to, and Reid again showed why he starts instead of Styche. He is more capable of creating for others and stays on his feet.

Green did well at the back except for one very early mistake when he broke forward to centre field, then lost the ball which allowed them to attack the space he left.

The first 30 mins was poor but once Grimes hit the post, we seemed to wake up.

Grimes works very hard and is quicker than you would expect but is not creative enough. He does get all over the park though. Alty seemed weak really but we must step up to beat Grimsby. Creativity is needed.

Yep,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but where do you think that is going to materialise from ? :roll:
Super Gitto! If fit
Well nothing has been said about Gittings injury on the official site, or should I say nothings been said regarding the squad for a very long time - so we are in the dark regarding the fitness of Gitto or indeed Hodgkiss.

The lack of a contingency plan for a bod to learn the ropes and take over whilst Matt Wall was working his notice (a month ??) is nothing short of amateurish and a :finger: to the fans, and this from a club who has aspirations to become a League club,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :rolllaugh: I think we can all roll up the quotes about 'ambition' and play offs and chuck em in the bin.

Cue response from reasoned voices :roll:
As you have requested a response from a reasoned voice can I nominate Sprials to step forward with a response.

DownTheLine
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by DownTheLine » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:20 pm

pershoreharrier wrote:
redandwhitemike wrote:
pb12345 wrote:
redandwhitemike wrote:
Bigfoot wrote:Well, I thought Gash brought a lot to the party last night. He held the ball when played up to him and allowed others to get upfield instaed of it being nicked off Blissetts toes and us being on the defensive again.

Johnson looked good again - working harded in defence than he used to, and Reid again showed why he starts instead of Styche. He is more capable of creating for others and stays on his feet.

Green did well at the back except for one very early mistake when he broke forward to centre field, then lost the ball which allowed them to attack the space he left.

Grimes works very hard and is quicker than you would expect but is not creative enough. He does get all over the park though. Alty seemed weak really but we must step up to beat Grimsby. Creativity is needed.

Yep,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but where do you think that is going to materialise from ? :roll:
Super Gitto! If fit
Well nothing has been said about Gittings injury on the official site, or should I say nothings been said regarding the squad for a very long time - so we are in the dark regarding the fitness of Gitto or indeed Hodgkiss.

The lack of a contingency plan for a bod to learn the ropes and take over whilst Matt Wall was working his notice (a month ??) is nothing short of amateurish and a :finger: to the fans, and this from a club who has aspirations to become a League club,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :rolllaugh: I think we can all roll up the quotes about 'ambition' and play offs and chuck em in the bin.

As you have requested a response from a reasoned voice can I nominate Sprials to step forward with a response.
I love the idea that we can barely afford the skeleton office staff that we are now left with and people wonder why we haven't replaced Matt?

The fact is that if more people were willing to volunteer and do things around the club for free, instead of just sniping on social media, we might have more of a chance of surviving the current turbulent financial waters.

Well, opportunity for all the keyboard warriors to stand up and be counted.........

The White Snowman
1st team
1st team

Post by The White Snowman » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:38 pm

DonutUK wrote:
pershoreharrier wrote:
redandwhitemike wrote:
pb12345 wrote:
redandwhitemike wrote:

Super Gitto! If fit

I love the idea that we can barely afford the skeleton office staff that we are now left with and people wonder why we haven't replaced Matt?

The fact is that if more people were willing to volunteer and do things around the club for free, instead of just sniping on social media, we might have more of a chance of e surviving the current turbulent financial waters.

Well, opportunity for all the keyboard warriors to stand up and be counted.........
Are you in the queue Donut Uk?

Tamworth Harrier
1st team
1st team

Post by Tamworth Harrier » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:40 pm

Donut I'm sure your doing lots but I'm curious, probably like everybody else, to what you are doing to help out.

DownTheLine
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by DownTheLine » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:44 pm

Tamworth Harrier wrote:Donut I'm sure your doing lots but I'm curious, probably like everybody else, to what you are doing to help out.
Enough, thank you.

:flag:

Tamworth Harrier
1st team
1st team

Post by Tamworth Harrier » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:05 pm

Thats great Donut hopefully it will inspire others to follow.

DownTheLine
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by DownTheLine » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:27 pm

Tamworth Harrier wrote:Thats great Donut hopefully it will inspire others to follow.
I'm not looking to inspire anybody.

If they do it, it will be because they care about the club, not because of what gets posted on here!