Ahmed Obeng
44%

Total votes: 9

Hagley Harrier
Youth team
Youth team

Re: MotM: 11-10-14 Barnet (A)

Post by Hagley Harrier » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:35 am

If I had to write a stereotypical game of two halves, I would write about what I witnessed on Saturday afternoon. Absolutely dire first half, followed by a quite incredible fight-back second half when we at last saw our team play with some passion and fight. Probably helped by Barnet thinking the game was won at half time, but credit where due, whatever was said at half time by GW and MC certainly had the desired effect, only wished they had said it an hour earlier! Ahmed Obeng just gets my vote for MOM for a superb cameo display for the final 30 minutes where he looked a danger every time he got the ball and also was unlucky with his chip which beat Stack but came back off the post.

At least four of our supporters who I believe travelled down on the train left at half time fearing more of the same after the break. Reminded me of the Liverpool fans who did the same in Istanbul, and just shows goes to prove that you never know what is going to happen in football, which is why so many of us are addicted to it!

Need to start with the same desire and tempo at the Shay next Saturday. I would start with Obeng and Johnson as wide men, Gash and Blissett up front and Storer and Gittings in the middle, Byrne definitely needs a rest, and go for it!

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:49 pm

Well I didn't go so had to rely on the Miller / Wall commentary + text updates from Lancaster who made the effort.

My mood at half time was certainly one of total gloom - the commentary had communicated little to encourage and I don't recall us even having a shot on target in those first 45 minutes.

As for the second half well it goes without saying what a turn round as it appeared Barnet thought they could see the game out in comfort and whilst the paint may have been stripped from our Changing Room walls at the end of the first half then no doubt a similar occurance took place in the Barnet Changing Room at full-time. The difference being we had 45 minutes to do something about it and Barnet none.

I predicted a nil nil draw so at the least the aspect of the draw was correct but what a roller coaster of emotion. At least it could not have been considered boring.

teejae
Youth team
Youth team

Post by teejae » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:58 pm

Excellent coverage of the goals here
Except the second goal when the cameraman and our defence both went to sleep!

Neurotic Norman
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Neurotic Norman » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:04 pm

Hagley Harrier wrote:I would start with Obeng and Johnson as wide men, Gash and Blissett up front and Storer and Gittings in the middle, Byrne definitely needs a rest, and go for it!
Storer's banned is he not?
I'm a bag of ****** nerves

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:21 pm

Just a couple of observations from the video.

Byrne's foul (free kick for the first goal) was unprofessional in that area of the pitch - and unnecessary.

Third goal was I think down to Gowling's injury as much as the keeper's hesitancy, in as much that he would normally have been more robust in the challenge.
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:23 pm

Neurotic Norman wrote:
Hagley Harrier wrote:I would start with Obeng and Johnson as wide men, Gash and Blissett up front and Storer and Gittings in the middle, Byrne definitely needs a rest, and go for it!
I think you're right Norman. :sad:

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:41 pm

Colgofray wrote:
Neurotic Norman wrote:
Was that five yellows for dissent? :oops2:
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Badger
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Badger » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:34 pm

redandwhitemike wrote:
Colgofray wrote:
Neurotic Norman wrote:
I see the good old storer bashing redandwhitemike is on form. You don't ever let up do you. I am sure your the same guy from the east stand who calls for "come on Johnny" Gash all the time

Why is it so hard for you to ever support the players.

:khfc:
"Have more than you show, speak less than you know." - Shakespeare

Badger
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Badger » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:40 pm

:like:

I would totally agree.
"Have more than you show, speak less than you know." - Shakespeare

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:12 pm

Badger wrote:
redandwhitemike wrote:
Colgofray wrote:
Neurotic Norman wrote:
I see the good old storer bashing redandwhitemike is on form. You don't ever let up do you. I am sure your the same guy from the east stand who calls for "come on Johnny" Gash all the time

Why is it so hard for you to ever support the players.

:khfc:
Not guilty on all counts. Read my comments a little more carefully - most recently the Woking report

http://www.harriers-online.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8648&start=30

Neurotic Norman
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Neurotic Norman » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:33 pm

Badger wrote:I am sure your the same guy from the east stand who calls for "come on Johnny" Gash all the time
That guy gets right on my tits.
I'm a bag of ****** nerves

Colgofray
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by Colgofray » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:18 am

Out of interest, I see that last Saturday, for their 150 year anni. Wrexham managed to attract a massive 8,163 for their game v Grimsby. It didn't help them on the pitch though as Moult was sent off and Grimsby beat them 1 - 0. :grin: