Reece Styche
No votes

Total votes: 5

Outside Right
Youth team
Youth team

Re: 18-10-14 Halifax (A)

Post by Outside Right » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:09 pm

garthrockett wrote:Was on the cards, its always a hard place to go and Hally are hot play-off candidates IMHO
My take on it is rather different. When you go a place like Halifax you have to be aggressive and fight from the 1st whistle.of course if you don't then it's uphill. Day like today win the ball keep on deck and stroke it round the pitch when in possession. Press when not. Half of those that attended are going to have stiff necks when they wake up in the morning.

The White Snowman
1st team
1st team

Post by The White Snowman » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:15 pm

Colgofray wrote:
Phil wrote:Jack Byrne booked. He'll miss the Eastleigh game

In my book, not altogether a bad thing.
Agree entirely!

Tamworth Harrier
1st team
1st team

Re: MotM: 18-10-14 Halifax (A)

Post by Tamworth Harrier » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:17 pm

That must be 5 or 6 away games already where we have failed to score and to sum it up jok is back. But we are only a few points off the playoffs so we shouldn't moan and under the circumstances gw is doing an amazing job.

Outside Right
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Outside Right » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:23 pm

Hope you don't think that I am moaning. GW/MC doing a good job. Just think the team needs to be more fired up in view of the last how many 1st half performances both home and away.should be easy for Creighton.

sandman
1st team
1st team

Post by sandman » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:48 pm

Outside Right wrote:
garthrockett wrote:Was on the cards, its always a hard place to go and Hally are hot play-off candidates IMHO
My take on it is rather different. When you go a place like Halifax you have to be aggressive and fight from the 1st whistle.of course if you don't then it's uphill. Day like today win the ball keep on deck and stroke it round the pitch when in possession. Press when not. Half of those that attended are going to have stiff necks when they wake up in the morning.
Sounds easy, doesn't it? But the reality is much different as there is another team on the pitch and Halifax aren't bad as we know. Didn't expect much from this one and it seemed Halifax had more control of the midfield. I would guess we really missed Storer, more so than Gowling who has a very able deputy in Grimes. Puts some pressure on getting home results against Torquay and Aldershot, two tough ones but games we should be able to win. Not to mention the much-needed cash from a result in the cup against Eastleigh.

sandman
1st team
1st team

Post by sandman » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:50 pm

The White Snowman wrote:
Colgofray wrote:
Phil wrote:Jack Byrne booked. He'll miss the Eastleigh game

In my book, not altogether a bad thing.
Agree entirely!
I might agree - I expect Byrne could do with a rest - if we had a decent replacement??

Outside Right
Youth team
Youth team

Post by Outside Right » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:11 pm

sandman wrote:
Outside Right wrote:
Sounds easy, doesn't it? But the reality is much different as there is another team on the pitch and Halifax aren't bad as we know. Didn't expect much from this one and it seemed Halifax had more control of the midfield. I would guess we really missed Storer, more so than Gowling who has a very able deputy in Grimes. Puts some pressure on getting home results against Torquay and Aldershot, two tough ones but games we should be able to win. Not to mention the much-needed cash from a result in the cup against Eastleigh.
the easiest thing is to be an armchair pundit, critic or apologist. This is 5 successive poor 1st half performance. It must be down to preparation to be up for the game. Telford may have been complacency. But it is all down to preparation of the individual player and the group.

I have no doubt about the quality of the players but until we go out on the pitch with the desire to win through pressing and closing down the opposition we wil continue to hand the advantage, the second ball and inevitably the points.

Hartleburyharrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Hartleburyharrier » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:18 pm

Injuries and suspensions to forwards or defenders can easily be covered, but when we have one or two of our midfielders unavailable, then the s**t hits the fan !

Our midfield is poor at it's best, so with any loss it's going to be disastrous. We are 12th at the moment, and that's where we deserve to be, maybe even as far down as 15th or 16th by Xmas.

This year is going to get tougher, both on and off the field, I hope we survive off it, and improve on it.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:12 am

I didn't go to Halifax but for those that did perhaps they could comment on this.

Did we have any shots on target? If so approximately when in the game was the first?

Did we have any shots off target? If so approximately when in the game was the first?

I heard at half-time we had had no shots either on or off target in the first half.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:44 pm

Only one vote for this game so far and that was within a hour of the match ending so that user probably never went to the game anyway and voted for O'Keefe as a pathetic joke.

Use it or lose it :evil:

Tamworth Harrier
1st team
1st team

Post by Tamworth Harrier » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:00 pm

It just shows that people are losing interest in the club at the moment after the dreadful mistakes this club has made in 2014. Only thing that will change this is some success on the pitch and some decent football all of which currently seem a million miles away.

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by redandwhitemike » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:07 pm

Tamworth Harrier wrote:It just shows that people are losing interest in the club at the moment after the dreadful mistakes this club has made in 2014. Only thing that will change this is some success on the pitch and some decent football all of which currently seem a million miles away.

Would suggest some one is incapable,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, of change.
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

pricey5
1st team
1st team

Post by pricey5 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:49 pm

Phil wrote:Only one vote for this game so far and that was within a hour of the match ending so that user probably never went to the game anyway and voted for O'Keefe as a pathetic joke.

I didn't go to the game (only 99 did) but from what ive heard nobody deserved MoM.

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:15 am

Only one vote for this game so far and that was within a hour of the match ending so that user probably never went to the game anyway and voted for O'Keefe as a pathetic joke.

Don't see much point voting for a player one never saw play in a match one didn't attend, Phil.
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

The White Snowman
1st team
1st team

Post by The White Snowman » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:32 pm

garthrockett wrote:

Don't see much point voting for a player one never saw play in a match one didn't attend, Phil.
I agree