Callum Gittings
No votes

Total votes: 10

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: 21-02-15 Nuneaton (A)

Post by harry211 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:05 pm

A truly awful game. A one-dimensional, long-ball approach from Harriers that didn't work, and showed no signs of doing so. Yes, the pitch was poor, but after playing at Aggborough in the last few weeks, we should be used to it. Similarly Nuneaton had to play on the same pitch, and should've won.

Whild isn't good enough tactically to manage at this level, a good assistant, or talent spotter he may be...but manager, not for me. If we continue to play the way we have today, next season, we'll be staring down the barrel of relegation without much of a fight.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Tamworth Harrier
1st team
1st team

Post by Tamworth Harrier » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:25 pm

Why sign Hughes a natural finisher who at 38 has lost most of his pace and play him on the left wing? Why take wildig off when he was our best player. Quite rightly he looked passed off. I'm sick of talking about the failings of the people making decisions at this club from the board through to the manager. If things don't change if this area this club is only going in one direction.

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:15 pm

Tamworth Harrier wrote:Why sign Hughes a natural finisher who at 38 has lost most of his pace and play him on the left wing? Why take wildig off when he was our best player. Quite rightly he looked passed off. I'm sick of talking about the failings of the people making decisions at this club from the board through to the manager. If things don't change if this area this club is only going in one direction.
We had a 38 year old chasing down loose balls for the majority of the second half...one way to run him ragged, but wouldn't it make sense for him not to have to do that. Might've got onto the end of that through ball late on, a second sharper. Tactically poor.
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

guestie8
Reserves
Reserves

Post by guestie8 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:22 pm

Just so glad I didn't waste any money on top of the time I wasted watching this awful match on TV
We just play with no idea
Players who I once thought had a bit of class like Verma just seem to do nothing during the course of a game at the moment
Wright seems to have the picked up the "curse" of all lead strikers for Harriers this season and misses chance after chance and you can tell by his body language he already knows he's letting the team down by not converting the few chances we create.
I really do worry for the club as fans will stop going if there is absolutely no entertainment and we cant afford to loose any income if Kidderminster Harriers FC is to remain solvent

HarrierN2
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by HarrierN2 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:07 pm

A consensus on here for once.

Really worrying today. We start 4-3-3 and gradually get swamped in midfield - with a relegation placed team starting to completely dominate us in the second half. So we take off our best central midfielder and replace him with a winger.

There's no real doubt any more that GW has absolutely no clue with regards to midfield and its importance.

sandman
1st team
1st team

Post by sandman » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:07 am

I think we got it wrong tactically no doubt and I didn't agree with the substitutions. Couldn't see Nuneaton scoring though but their central midfielders, centre-halves and keeper did well. Wright needs a goal very badly, he looked way off it at times. Great to see Hughes back but he should have buried that chance in the first half. Knowles can play a bit but just wasn't involved enough. Wildig has ability but, as Shrewsbury fans say, really needs to produce this in the final third. Couldn't knock Byrne today (well apart from his long-distance shooting) and the defence, apart from a couple of shaky moments and dodgy clearances, couldn't really be faulted. Let's not forget that this was a local derby, Nuneaton need the points desperately and they won 2-1 at Gateshead the previous weekend. Their fans seem to think they played pretty well, admittedly we didn't. Still, can't see why the manager should go on today's performance and result........ :red_army:

Zorro
1st team
1st team

Post by Zorro » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:22 am

The more this season goes on the more I start to think I've got better things to do on a Saturday afternoon and Tuesday evening...

If we have 40 at Gateshead on Tuesday I will be surprised...

TJU'S
1st team
1st team

Post by TJU'S » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:44 am

Awful performance against a poor team didn't dominate weren't creative lacked ideas play off hopes well gone now just need to be sure we finnish in top ten that would be a bonus after all the upheaval this season

guestie8
Reserves
Reserves

Post by guestie8 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:55 am

Wow - some people think Byrne deserved man of the match.Please tell me what he did/does well?

tonythescout
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by tonythescout » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:22 am

First game I've watched since Alty at home in the trophy glad I stayed and watched it on tv instead of wasting money actually going.

Yet again tactically inept, another baffling substitution taking our only midfielder who wanted to get the ball down and try and make things happen off for a winger to go centre mid. Putting a 38 year old proven goal scorer and centre forward on the left wing, hoof ball tactics, terrible, absolutely clueless. Says it all when you can only choose from Lewis Gowling or Grimes to be m o t m against a team 23rd in the table.

I really do fear moving forward, I didn't renew my season ticket in the summer after the off the field events of last year left me and many fans dissolutionned, now after watching us a number of times this season it's even more painful. Yes we have lost a few key men, but it's not as if we have a crap side, Whild has some bloody good players at his disposal and is clueless, all these strikers he's bought in and we only created two meaning ful chances against Nuneaton a team who are struggling to stay up!

Hartleburyharrier
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Hartleburyharrier » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:17 pm

guestie8 wrote:Wow - some people think Byrne deserved man of the match.Please tell me what he did/does well?

I thought Jack Byrne was piss-poor to be honest. Only players who deserve their wages this week , were Hughes, Wildig, Grimes and Hodgkiss.

This performance was embarrassing, and a terrible advert for Conference Football.

I'm sorry to have to say this, because I think he's been handed a poisoned chalice, but I think GW and MC are out of their depth.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:32 am

Zorro wrote:The more this season goes on the more I start to think I've got better things to do on a Saturday afternoon and Tuesday evening...

If we have 40 at Gateshead on Tuesday I will be surprised...
Very difficult to put up a reasoned argument to this feeling other than blind commitment. I am not going to Gateshead although Lancaster is even booking accommodation and having to take a couple of days holiday to do so.

As to the game against Nuneaton I watched Creighton's Pre-Match view and please correct me if I have this wrong as I watched it briefly on Friday BUT the message was IF we are to finish in a play-off spot then we need to win at Nuneaton.

Not only did we fail to win but we were truly dreadful in one of the most depressing games of the season. Extra time felt like a punishment for having the nerve to turn up.

We had a couple of weak shots and other opportunities such as they were were wasted by requiring 5 minutes to make up our minds what was required. Why we have a 38 year old doing all the chasing down of the keeper should be a crime against the elderly who should not have to endure such a waste of ability which is clearly still there.

Why we bring on two wingers and then don't play them wide is a mystery when the Nuneaton pitch is a wide pitch.

And so it goes on - top 5 finish - in a poor league or a league where there is little difference between the teams frankly ridiculous. There is something terribly wrong we have played 10 different strikers this season in a number of different combinations and NONE of them in my opinion has offered any sort of threat. It is becoming clear the problem is not in the strikers some of whom are very decent at this level it lies elsewhere.

All I see on the current horizon is more depressing football and diminishing crowds as the total lack of entertainment overwhelms the inherent faith.

Harry Aire
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Harry Aire » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:58 pm

It was dire.

I am beginning to have doubts about the mgmt. team. As said above we seem to have a small army of strikers, few options in midfield and no cover in defence.

Nuneaton were the better side Saturday and should have thrashed us - five good chances second half. They also made light of a poor pitch with some neat passing football. I've no idea what we were trying to do .

Come on lads, give us something better next Saturday or the season's effectively over.

Badger
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Badger » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:09 pm

Hartleburyharrier wrote:
guestie8 wrote:Wow - some people think Byrne deserved man of the match.Please tell me what he did/does well?

I thought Jack Byrne was piss-poor to be honest. Only players who deserve their wages this week , were Hughes, Wildig, Grimes and Hodgkiss.

This performance was embarrassing, and a terrible advert for Conference Football.

I'm sorry to have to say this, because I think he's been handed a poisoned chalice, but I think GW and MC are out of their depth.
Is jack Byrne the new k storer? As it seems that we need to pick on one player .
"Have more than you show, speak less than you know." - Shakespeare