Jamie Spencer
No votes

Total votes: 2

Bigfoot
1st team
1st team

Re: MotM: 11-4-15 Welling (A)

Post by Bigfoot » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:36 pm

Vaughan was sent off playing for Worcester last week. Tony Breeden has played for Solihull Moors this season

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:45 am

What are Nathan Vaughan/Tony Breedan doing thesedays?
never mind them two, what's Chris McKenzie doing next season!!!! :shock:
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022

sbird27
Youth team
Youth team

Post by sbird27 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:29 am

Feel for thos that travelled to the game, i didnt thank god. I have been saying for weeks Lewis best days are past him and should be moved on Jaz Singh has to play the remaining games. Jamie Grimes too static, not enough pace, always gets into trouble when balls played down the side of him, anything in front of him and in air he is fine but when he gets turned he cant recover.Tyrone Williams, Nathaniel Kelly, and Jordan Tunniclife will both become better players given the chance. Our form since christmass has been embarassing to say the least.

janhillier
Youth team
Youth team

Post by janhillier » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:33 pm

As someone unfortunately there on Saturday (& most of the other away matches) there is simply no cohesion at all. Only a minute or two before the howler by Danny Lewis, a few of us were talking saying that he does not appear to be communicating with his defenders at all and they seem nervous as to where he is. From where we were, it certainly does not seem to be Grimes' fault at all. For the most part, Danny still seems to be good at the reactionary goal save where no time to think is needed......time to think seems to cause it to implode at the moment with poor judgment on clearances from back passes etc being top of the list. I too would have Jaz playing just to see how he does...it's not as if we have anything to lose!

Many of us felt that Grimes has had a hell of a season & a lot is being asked of him - he started as the understudy to learn his craft from Gowling / Dunkley and has ended up being the commanding presence. He is doing exactly what you can guess is being asked of him as he is following the Mark Creighton school of defending which was head it as far as you can and clear it as far as you can. The problem is, only 1 player should be doing that.....not most of them to create hoofball. We played a nice patch of football for approx. 2 - 3 minutes in the second half between Nicholson, Reid and Hodgkiss leading to the free kick which was a great effort (the best of the game) from Nicholson. That was it. There was a time when virtually every other touch caused the ball to go 40 feet + in the air. Lee Hughes seems to do the most running and attempt to get forward more than anyone - ironic as he is our more "mature" player.

However, like most I do not feel that the players can take most of the blame - the negative tactics and not knowing who they are playing with from one week to another must be very hard to find any sort of rhythm - & an example of being negative is...for a great part of the time he was on the pitch on Saturday, Craig Reid appeared to be playing the Kyle Storer position in front of the back four! (I for one, was pleased to see him on the pitch, energy levels and endeavour compared to a certain no 9....well there is no comparison). He is going to struggle to score from there! When he had the chance to come forward, he offered so much more but sadly Danny Wright was nowhere near able to back him up, jump for the cross or anything really!

It's ok saying they are playing the Academy ones, but, for example, Kennedy Digie seemed to do well when he played the match at home a few weeks ago...but then hardly anything since. Maxwell is doing ok, but more so probably because he is playing regularly now - so why not play those 2 together and get some stability?

My biggest gripe with the players is the simple inability for a lot of them to raise their heads for a split second before they kick the ball to see if anyone in the same coloured shirt is anywhere near the direction they are sending it......

I was one that posted a year ago that Gary's appointment did not fill me with glee due to his tactical ability even though he does come across as a genuinely good bloke - I personally really wish Steve Guinan had got the job.

As for the free trip to Eastleigh - well we were daft enough to be going anyway, so will decide now whether to come to get the coach (as we don't live in Kiddy)....it's equivalent to a refund on Saturday's diesel cost to Welling - it was a good job us ladies got in free (for a fundraising day).

As for season tickets - I will renew anyway as have stood by them for nearly 30 years and will continue to do so, even if my friends & family have stopped asking me the results now to save them having to put up with me bemoaning our current situation.

:comeonharriers2:

garthrockett
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by garthrockett » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:18 pm

Good post Jan.
"We're all amateurs at this and trying our hardest....." Richard Lane, Jan 2022