No votes

Total votes: 2

redandwhitemike
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: MotM: 30-01-16 Aldershot (A)

Post by redandwhitemike » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:07 pm

the potato wrote:
brumkidd wrote:We may have a bigger budget than some but we are trying to pay players a full time wage from it, whereas those with smaller budgets pay part time wages. There clearly are plenty of players out there with good jobs who play for low pay because they don't want to give up a good full time income.

We are reducing the pool of players to chose from because we pay low full time wages. Who in their right mind gives up a full time wage of perhaps £30k or more for half that? Staying full time is just non-sensical when you rule out a vast number of players who would do a job for you and be better than what you already have.

Know I'm probably missing something obvious but is it all or nothing?

In other words, can't we employ some on a part-time basis and others on a full-time basis so we access both player pools?

Far too obvious for our leader, part time footballers will proving him wrong all next season - but he will still insist full time is the ONLY way,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism. ~Norman Vincent Peale

harry211
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by harry211 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:28 pm

the potato wrote:
brumkidd wrote:We may have a bigger budget than some but we are trying to pay players a full time wage from it, whereas those with smaller budgets pay part time wages. There clearly are plenty of players out there with good jobs who play for low pay because they don't want to give up a good full time income.

We are reducing the pool of players to chose from because we pay low full time wages. Who in their right mind gives up a full time wage of perhaps £30k or more for half that? Staying full time is just non-sensical when you rule out a vast number of players who would do a job for you and be better than what you already have.

Know I'm probably missing something obvious but is it all or nothing?

In other words, can't we employ some on a part-time basis and others on a full-time basis so we access both player pools?
I think the club needs to be completely full time if Colin is to secure the funding he's after?
The best team we ever had- since i've been watching the Harriers (2002-)
-------------------Brock-----------
-------Hinton---Smith-----Stamps
-----Melligan--Bennett-Williams---Flynn-Parrish
-----------Henriksen-Broughton------

Medieval
1st team
1st team

Post by Medieval » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:54 pm

My assumption is what Harry suggest`s.

Suppose ft/pt split would not be popular with ft player`s who would expect to train during the day only.

Zorro
1st team
1st team

Post by Zorro » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:09 pm

Public transport / home / family / social life???

aberred
1st team
1st team

Post by aberred » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:32 pm

Medieval wrote:My assumption is what Harry suggest`s.

Suppose ft/pt split would not be popular with ft player`s who would expect to train during the day only.

I don't think it would work. You'd create disharmony in the camp with part-time players presumably not being able to train in the morning with the full time ones. Youd have disparity with players in terms of wages which could end up causing a problem. And what would the reaction be if part-time players get in the team ahead of full-time ones? I imagine those on full time deals wouldn't be happy.

It has to be one or the other. Full time will be the way forward though

brumkidd
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by brumkidd » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:16 pm

But if everyone trained in the evenings, what would be the problem? Those full time players with kids would be able to do the school run mornings and afternoons. They could play golf during the day or sit in the bookies, whatever full time players do when they aren't training.

If the club had a policy of training in the evenings then full time players would have to train when they were told to. It wouldn't be up for discussion and if they preferred spending their evenings watching the tv or being in clubs then they would be happy to go elsewhere.

It's an approach that I doubt anyone else has adopted but I can't see why it shouldn't work. Well, the only reason it wouldn't work would be the players whingeing and they can be moved on for players who would accept how the club organised itself.
It is only a matter of time before those good people at the National Lottery give me the jackpot that I so richly deserve.

pershoreharrier
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Post by pershoreharrier » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:00 pm

I feel certain that there must be successful football clubs out there that have a squad made up of a mix of professional and part-time players where all is harmonious.

Our apparent intransigence over remaining full-time is not in my opinion to ensure that we as supporters will be offered the best first team football that can be achieved but rather it is the best business option to generate cash some of which will be used to support the first team. I do not have a problem with this if people are honest about it. I have a problem with it when it is dressed up to be something it is not.

As a current full-time team which is supposed to be superior in fitness, skill and training to a part-time team I find it hard to understand why with such advantages we seem to be so easily overwhelmed on the field of play by such lesser sportsmen on such a regular basis. For this reason I anticipate that we would continue to suffer the same fate in terms of results in a lower league.

Phil
The Gaffer
The Gaffer

Post by Phil » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:46 pm

Gman
Subs bench
Subs bench

Post by Gman » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:00 pm

Some good moves. No final finish though