Site Logo

Harriers Chatter

The leading Kidderminster Harriers forum

It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Harriers 3 Alfreton 0
Poll ended at Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:21 pm
Sam Hornby 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Josh Ezewele 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
Zaine Francis-Angol 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Ryan Croasdale 25%  25%  [ 7 ]
Keith Lowe 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Jordan Tunnicliffe 11%  11%  [ 3 ]
Daniel Nti 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
James McQuilkin 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Tyrell Waite 21%  21%  [ 6 ]
Liam Truslove 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Sam Austin 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Andre Brown 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Darryl Knights 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ashley Carter 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 28
 Post subject: Re: MotM: 11-03-17 Alfreton (H)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:50 pm 
Subs bench
Subs bench

Law 11. Football has laws of the game, not rules. You, along with most of the east stand, need to learn the laws Jim.

/chomp

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:23 am 

Tamworth Harrier wrote:
guestie8 wrote:
A magical first half wrapped up this game nice and early. Yes im as greedy aas the next and wanted another 3 goals in second half but of course we would have all took 3-0 as the start of match.Some fine performances from all - MoM so difficult but I gave it Waite. I thought he did well up front - hes big enough strong enough and fast enough.He played the way I like to see a striker perform - on the shoulder of defenders facing the goal hes attacking - not with back to goals like Brown and Mani.Just keep your eye on the offsides Tyell! COYR

Waite Motm? I know it's all about opinions but really. You weren't at the same game as me if you thought he was better than Croasdale or the two centre backs. All three were oustanding.

Kidderminster have let in 29 goals this season and thats due to the three named above (Lowe Tunnicliffe and croasdale) If we had a Danny Rowe (40 Goals) in the side we would be up by now with points to spare? :rofl:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:11 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Law 11. Football has laws of the game, not rules. You, along with most of the east stand, need to learn the laws Jim.

'The more laws, the less justice.' ; Cicero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:20 am 
Sponsors Elton N'Gwatala
Sponsors Elton N'Gwatala

You would think that professionals would know the laws of the game.

Quite amazing, really that so many players, manager, commentators and pundits don't.

I caught the end of the Spurs game yesterday on the radio and some idiot pundit declared that the ref should not play the full 5 added minutes because Spurs and Millwall had
got important games coming up.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:23 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

I've always maintained that all football apprentices should have to undergo compulsory referee training as part of their apprenticeship, up to Level 6/County Referee level.

Then having to make difficult split second decisions based on a real game scenario might give them a bit more respect for refs if they ever get to be full-time professionals.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:33 pm 
Youth team
Youth team

garthrockett wrote:
I've always maintained that all football apprentices should have to undergo compulsory referee training as part of their apprenticeship, up to Level 6/County Referee level.

Then having to make difficult split second decisions based on a real game scenario might give them a bit more respect for refs if they ever get to be full-time professionals.

This is the most sensible thing I've heard all day - what a great idea. I don't know the pressures on finances and timetables etc, but it would be good if our Academy would take this idea forward and lead the way. It would certainly give our Academy a USP.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:05 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Quote:
It would certainly give our Academy a USP.

it also addresses the chronic lack of qualified refs available to officiate at schools/youth and Sunday league games in the area, which last time I heard was reaching extremely worrying levels.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:16 pm 
Sponsors Elton N'Gwatala
Sponsors Elton N'Gwatala

A better exchange of information between players and refs would be great.

The refs could explain to the players the finer details of the laws of the game.

The players could explain to the ref that when they are in control of the ball and going nowhere (heading
away from goal, towards the touchline or corner flag) and have no passing options and then fall over - with little
or no contact from the defender - they are trying to con the ref.

The ref can then explain that the laws dictate that simulation be punished with a yellow card for unsporting behaviour.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:27 pm 
Sponsors Elton N'Gwatala
Sponsors Elton N'Gwatala

With five home games to go and needing to win all five this was mission 1 accomplished.

A fine and entertaining first half which saw us at our best turned to a less than hoped for second half whereby we took our foot of the gas and to a large degree coasted through a semi-lack lustre second 45 minutes.

Thankfully Alfreton had less about them than the previous visitors Curzon Ashton who nearly made us pay for a similar second half performance by taking something away from us.

I thought our recent addition from York looked well integrated into the team and he played his part well.

Next up is the trip to Fylde and we will need two of our home game first half performances to get something from it.

It will offer an excellent chance to resolve our poor away form in due time to support a winning run-in and secure that top 5 place.

I have been to a few of our away games recently only to be very disappointed and thus not make the next away game BUT I will give it another chance and go to Fylde.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:42 am 
Youth team
Youth team

First half was very good, could have been even further ahead but for the heroics of their keeper. Second half was dull, although they did not look troubling us at any point.

Thought the changes to the starting lineup freshened things up and all that came in performed well, including Waite moving through the middle.

Await news with baited breath on the injury status of Elton, Arthur and ZFA, although ZFA could have been taken off for a breather as we were coasting.

Am I correct in thinking Croasdale has passed the threshold for 10 booking ban now and it goes up to 15?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4